• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lincecum?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still unsigned. Maybe he is not getting any offers. Or, maybe he is getting offers but no one is guaranteeing him a spot as a starter. If he would consider a move to the bullpen, I wouldn't mind the Mariners making a run at him, provided he isn't expecting an unrealistic salary for a 6th or 7th inning guy.

You only need two good pitches to be a solid bullpen guy. His 4-seamer isn't coming in above 95 anymore but he still has a good changeup, curve and slider.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why not take a minimal chances. I haven't looked to see how the whole pen is setting up but they need a long relief gut who can make an emergency start.

Is the roster full of guys with no options again?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure that he is getting offers from teams but he just isn't getting the offer that he is looking for. If he was willing to make the move to the bullpen I am sure that a lot of teams would be knocking on the door for his services. I don't see the need to sign a bullpen guy we traded for benoit, furbush, Montgomery, a new closer and we have a good track record of having guys come up from our farm that can pitch. It would be cool to get rid of Montero and sign pedro alvarez to DH

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its a good idea for the M's to invest in a guy that has gotten progressively worst every single year.

Would be best for the mariners not to invest in washed up pitchers. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being back in his hometown though. Maybe worth it if he came at a cheap price.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be in favor of it just because I've always liked the guy. Went to the same high school and college as I did.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its a good idea for the M's to invest in a guy that has gotten progressively worst every single year.

I wouldn't say he's gotten progressively worse every year...... he's just been quite pedestrian the last four seasons. What do pitchers that have ERA's in the mid 4's earn? But man, he was quite nasty early on in his career. I think his career as a starter is over. I could see him in a bullpen though.