• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope some real numbers come out. If we didn't give Le'Veon around the same that Gurley was given, I'd be very pissed at the organization. If we gave Le'Veon more than what Gurley got, I'd be very pissed at Le'Veon. The bottom line is, the organization and Le'veon can say all they want how much they want to work out a deal, but the facts are, they didn't. Whether it's the Steelers being stingy and cheap or Le'Veon being selfish, they are both ruining the best chances at winning a 7th Super Bowl title. If Le'Veon really wants to be a Steeler for life and if the Steelers really want Le'Veon to retire a Steeler, they would have worked something out. Wherever the fault lies, I'm over it at this point. I'm pissed off at the both of them. Actions speak louder than words and right now, what I'm hearing is that the Steelers care more about saving money rather than locking down probably the best RB talent in the last decade and Le'Veon cares more about making money and getting what he thinks he deserves more than winning a championship or the fans. Sick of the situation, sick of the back and forth, sick of the social media posts, sick of it all. Let's get over this and just start the damn season already.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actions speak louder than words and right now, what I'm hearing is that the Steelers care more about saving money rather than locking down probably the best RB talent in the last decade and Le'Veon cares more about making money and getting what he thinks he deserves more than winning a championship or the fans. Sick of the situation, sick of the back and forth, sick of the social media posts, sick of it all. Let's get over this and just start the damn season already.
Good post. Well said.

It's "behind" them now. Hopefully the dust settles and they get back to football now that they are in Latrobe. The only thing that would make this worse is if Le'Veon held out of games during the regular season. Then a shit storm will be parked firmly over Pittsburgh and the only thing that would clear it up is to simply win games. Forgive the Tomlinism, but winning alleviates any problem. But should they lose in wake of Le'Veon's holdout, you know the media will eat that shit up like a fat kid at a buffet line.

For now, Le'Veon has stated he intends to return week 1. Steelers will plan on that and let the pieces fall where they may. We'll have to wait & see.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly, who gives a Shit about Bell.....

Gurley deserves the money for the simple fact he wasn't a giant douche on social media and in the public's eye about his contract negotiation.
It was kept behind closed doors and professional.....Bell should take notes.

Oh and, FUCK BELL and anyone hanging off his jockstrap.....that includes cock swallowing Eggles fans.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope #7 comes out of this horrid situation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly, who gives a Shit about Bell.....

Gurley deserves the money for the simple fact he wasn't a giant douche on social media and in the public's eye about his contract negotiation.
It was kept behind closed doors and professional.....Bell should take notes.

Oh and, FUCK BELL and anyone hanging off his jockstrap.....that includes cock swallowing Eggles fans.
Yes yes

Eat your own

Watching the old guard fall apart is hilarious

:laugh3:

Still champions on the better side of Pennsylvania.
:hammer:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes yes

Eat your own

Watching the old guard fall apart is hilarious

:laugh3:

Still champions on the better side of Pennsylvania.
:hammer:

The better side????

You must smoke crack as much as you enjoy playing skin flute....

Come back in 52 years when you get number 2.....

Pay your rent......cheap bitch.

478979.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope some real numbers come out. If we didn't give Le'Veon around the same that Gurley was given, I'd be very pissed at the organization. If we gave Le'Veon more than what Gurley got, I'd be very pissed at Le'Veon. The bottom line is, the organization and Le'veon can say all they want how much they want to work out a deal, but the facts are, they didn't. Whether it's the Steelers being stingy and cheap or Le'Veon being selfish, they are both ruining the best chances at winning a 7th Super Bowl title. If Le'Veon really wants to be a Steeler for life and if the Steelers really want Le'Veon to retire a Steeler, they would have worked something out. Wherever the fault lies, I'm over it at this point. I'm pissed off at the both of them. Actions speak louder than words and right now, what I'm hearing is that the Steelers care more about saving money rather than locking down probably the best RB talent in the last decade and Le'Veon cares more about making money and getting what he thinks he deserves more than winning a championship or the fans. Sick of the situation, sick of the back and forth, sick of the social media posts, sick of it all. Let's get over this and just start the damn season already.

The Gurley deal and Bell's deal are related by position, but that's where it ends. Gurley is only 23 y/o and still has 2 more years before he could've reached FA so the brunt of his big money deal doesn't kick in for 3 more seasons. He gets the signing bonus now, (and they can prorate that over 5 yrs) but he's still a relatively low cap hit player for the next 2 seasons.

At the end of the day, the Steelers brought their number up yet it wasn't enough so I have no criticism for the front office...their actions showed they were committed to keeping Bell in PIT.

On his end...his agent felt like they were leaving guaranteed money on the table and this Gurley deal proves he was right. Reportedly Bell's signing bonus and 1st yr money would've equated to about $33 mil in guaranteed money...true guaranteed money compared to $45 mil guaranteed for Gurley, but that's where it's get's a little tricky...most of the people that follow that NFL contracts, don't believe the remaining $24 mil ($45 mil - $21 mil signing bonus) is fully guaranteed, maybe for injury it is, but there appear to be a lot of roster bonuses in place.

So...I disagree with your position that the Steelers were more interested in saving money. Bell...I don't walk in his shoes, so it's hard for me to say what is enough, but where I agree 100% is the money is more important than being a Steeler for life.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would give Bell latitude to shop himself. Then if he finds a deal, and the team agrees to the Steelers demands for a pick, he could sign his tender and get traded right away.

Just fucking end this, already.

Doug Martin might be available after cuts in Oakland, if we need someone with experience as a starter.

Or trade a pick for someone.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O

u just snakes two guys who have sucjed
Ok, I think I have an idea of what you're saying here. You think they are below average or worse players. So...

Got any better ideas? Remember, you aren't going to be able to snag anyone too good at this point. Looking for a body in a potential dump of Bell.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I think I have an idea of what you're saying here. You think they are below average or worse players. So...

Got any better ideas? Remember, you aren't going to be able to snag anyone too good at this point. Looking for a body in a potential dump of Bell.
Murray

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Latavius? I'm for that. Looking at the 2019 free agent RBs, Mark Ingram from New Orleans and C.J Anderson who got signed by Carolina come to mind as good targets. I know he's old, but Frank Gore would be a decent addition and would be a great learning tool for James Conner. Another guy that would be a cheap pickup would be Tevin Coleman from Atlanta.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latavius? I'm for that. Looking at the 2019 free agent RBs, Mark Ingram from New Orleans and C.J Anderson who got signed by Carolina come to mind as good targets. I know he's old, but Frank Gore would be a decent addition and would be a great learning tool for James Conner. Another guy that would be a cheap pickup would be Tevin Coleman from Atlanta.
Demarco

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal Charles.