• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about the Seahawks. Hey just be happy you're not a Browns fan!:L Dammit, I gotta stop saying that.:doh:

At least you have the Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been there before and won.

A great running game travels well.....

I'm more worried about losing one game before we play the Giants. Everything could go pear shaped if that happens....

It's looking like that Giants game is gonna be HUGE. Win that and control our own destiny.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you have the Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes.

Indians & Buckeyes for sure. I'm a Celtics fans first. But it was nice to see the city of Cleveland finally break that championship drought.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why Dak didn't win rookie of the month or NFL player of rhe week like Wentz. People just can't be real.

Ok, Dak has won rookie of the month now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously a 2 horse race now, which Cowboy will win it?

I still say Dak

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot MVP Dak ROY :D

Kinda hard to give MVP to someone who wasn't even deemed the best rookie. One of the 2 will be ROY. They could split votes, but there isn't really a 3rd contender to take advantage. MVP is a different story, with guys like Brady and Carr firmly in the mix and maybe Stafford as a longshot. Stretch run should be interesting.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda hard to give MVP to someone who wasn't even deemed the best rookie.

Separate awards and meanings.

I can see how it could happen.

Elliot gets ROY and Dak gets MVP. Pokes would be dead without Dak. They's still be competitive without Elliot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying co ROY's
The odds are against the voting going down that way and it ending up in a tie. But, they are both deserving. My pick has been Dak all along and still is.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot gets ROY and Dak gets MVP. Pokes would be dead without Dak. They's still be competitive without Elliot.

Dak Prescott should not even be in consideration for MVP.....ROY?....Yes....I could see him getting it but Elliot deserves it more. There is no way Dak deserves to be MVP........To do that he would have to be better than the many QB's that have put up better numbers. His numbers are what I would call game manager numbers. Now Cowboys fans don't go getting all upset about that comment. His numbers are amazing for a rookie and I would say Dak is probably having the best season a Rookie QB has ever had. That does not make him the NFL MVP.

These QB's are having better years than Prescott.......Rodgers, Ryan, Carr, Roethlesberger, Brees, Brady. There is no way I would give Prescott MVP over any of them.

IMO.....Rookie of the year and NFL MVP should go to Ezekial Elliot. He is the player that changed the landscape of the Cowboys offense. He is leading the NFL in rushing and #2 is more than 200 yards behind him. He is averaging 100 yards a game. His 76 rushes for 1st down are almost 20 more than #2. I think it is the other way around. You can insert just about any QB behind that line and Elliot as the RB and they would be successful.

The Cowboys had a similar thing happen to them in 2014. Amazing rushing that led to a QB having a great year. Demarco Murray was insane with 1800 rushing yards. Tony Romo benefited from that.....completing 70% of his passes, 34 TD's and only 9 interceptions.......sound familiar to anyone?

The Cowboys have the #2 rushing offense in the NFL and the #19 passing offense. I think it is easy to say that Dak is not what makes that offense run.....Zeke is.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott should not even be in consideration for MVP.....ROY?....Yes....I could see him getting it but Elliot deserves it more. There is no way Dak deserves to be MVP........To do that he would have to be better than the many QB's that have put up better numbers. His numbers are what I would call game manager numbers. Now Cowboys fans don't go getting all upset about that comment. His numbers are amazing for a rookie and I would say Dak is probably having the best season a Rookie QB has ever had. That does not make him the NFL MVP.

These QB's are having better years than Prescott.......Rodgers, Ryan, Carr, Roethlesberger, Brees, Brady. There is no way I would give Prescott MVP over any of them.

IMO.....Rookie of the year and NFL MVP should go to Ezekial Elliot. He is the player that changed the landscape of the Cowboys offense. He is leading the NFL in rushing and #2 is more than 200 yards behind him. He is averaging 100 yards a game. His 76 rushes for 1st down are almost 20 more than #2. I think it is the other way around. You can insert just about any QB behind that line and Elliot as the RB and they would be successful.

The Cowboys had a similar thing happen to them in 2014. Amazing rushing that led to a QB having a great year. Demarco Murray was insane with 1800 rushing yards. Tony Romo benefited from that.....completing 70% of his passes, 34 TD's and only 9 interceptions.......sound familiar to anyone?

The Cowboys have the #2 rushing offense in the NFL and the #19 passing offense. I think it is easy to say that Dak is not what makes that offense run.....Zeke is.

I think you are incorrect. Dak runs the offense.

The single biggest difference in the Dallas offense this year is the play of the QB.

It is as simple as that.

Last year it (QB play) was so pathetic Dallas even considered bringing in Foles.... And you know what a bum he is.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is the other way around. You can insert just about any QB behind that line and Elliot as the RB and they would be successful.
I see your exaggeration and raise you another:

You can insert just about any RB behind that line with Dak as QB and they would be successful.

The reality of the situation is that the Cowboys have a couple of great olinemen, a couple of good olinemen and lots of good players around them. Trying to pick which of the good players deserves an award seems a bit silly.

Dak is very reminiscent of Russell Wilson. A game changer.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it (QB play) was so pathetic Dallas even considered bringing in Foles.... And you know what a bum he is.

That is because Romo missed most of the year. If Romo plays the Cowboys QB play is much better.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we were ever playing from behind his numbers would be better. Guess I'll stick with having a better rush attack, since rushing is what you do when you are milking the clock.

When you are behind you ask your QB to throw the ball 60 times :dhd:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can insert just about any RB behind that line with Dak as QB and they would be successful.

That argument is very valid. It could be argue (and some have) that neither Dak or Zeke are the Dallas MVP's it is the Cowboys line.

You Cowboys fans also are making exaggerations are well suggestion no other QB can perform as well as Dak. Romo did just as well in 2015. His problem is he can't stay healthy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because Romo missed most of the year. If Romo plays the Cowboys QB play is much better.

Exactly, and roughly the same team is 11-1 this year. The drop off from Zeke to Alf isn't as great as Dak to Buttfumble.