• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you will get flak for anything there. I disagree that right now Wentz has better fundamentals, but that is simply because of his mechanics. His arm position at release and his load-up motion are completely screwed. He needs a full offseason with a good coach to get them fixed. I think he has the intangibles to be a great QB: size, brain, legs, arm strength. But he has to get his mechanics fixed or he is going to keep airmailing the ball. I think Dak is more advanced in his mechanics right now and he is making the right plays. He doesn't panic and run like a lot of other young QB's have done. I think Zeke is a very special player, but I think Dak has done more to make this team better than last year than Zeke has.

Disagree or not I have to concede your comments are completely valid and accurate. While I may see things differently I am merely voicing an opinion and have no problem with anyone saying Dak is better.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am merely voicing an opinion and have no problem with anyone saying Dak is better.
that's the thing....eagle fans make this comparison all the time. It's bout all they have left for this season. I don't see cowboy fans starting threads about the subject. I am enjoying the eagle fans all but saying their QB had more talent around him at an 1AA program while Dallas is just happy they found a QB for the future

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your exaggeration and raise you another:

You can insert just about any RB behind that line with Dak as QB and they would be successful.

The reality of the situation is that the Cowboys have a couple of great olinemen, a couple of good olinemen and lots of good players around them. Trying to pick which of the good players deserves an award seems a bit silly.

Dak is very reminiscent of Russell Wilson. A game changer.

I wouldn't put him in the same class as Wilson. Wilson does all that WITHOUT a quality offensive line or much of a running game these days.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put him in the same class as Wilson. Wilson does all that WITHOUT a quality offensive line or much of a running game these days.
Well, rookie year and all. It wouldn't be fair to compare Dak to Wilson in his prime.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good point......I mean McFadden did get 1000 yards behind that line. One could argue that neither would be good without that line.

McFadden was a top 5 pick plagued by injury (and being on bad Raiders teams). Let's not act like he's the equivalent of last year's Cowboys backup QBs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol....just doesn't fit the narrative.
There's really never been a good football player in Dallas because of all the talent they assemble. It's important to label someone first, even 12 games played.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so would Dak if he had too...

I read a stat where Dallas has the least number of drives started in the opponents territory all season. Assuming that was accurate, do you know how much harder that makes it on a QB? So maybe we say Wilson wouldn't do his thing with the Dallas defense? It works both ways. Would that be fair to Wilson? You work with what you have. Why do some on this board try to make that a negative???

And this idea of a great line comes down to like 3 or 4 plays a game for Dak. Do you guys know how many times Dak had a guy on him in less than 2 seconds? And when Dez was out his best receiver was T Williams who wouldn't start on most teams. If this is the best you guys have to criticize the kid he may be better than I thought...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so would Dak if he had too...

...and you have no facts or examples to back that up. Dak fell into a great situation, nothing wrong with that. Wilson did too (had Lynch temporarily and an elite defense). I don't feel Dak is as good of a QB as Wilson.

As for Dak being pressured, lets be realistic. Every QB has those situations, but Dak has fewer than maybe anyone in the league other than perhaps Brady (Carr is up there too). That offensive line is legit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and you have no facts or examples to back that up. Dak fell into a great situation, nothing wrong with that. Wilson did too (had Lynch temporarily and an elite defense). I don't feel Dak is as good of a QB as Wilson.

As for Dak being pressured, lets be realistic. Every QB has those situations, but Dak has fewer than maybe anyone in the league other than perhaps Brady (Carr is up there too). That offensive line is legit.
nor do you:noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden was a top 5 pick plagued by injury (and being on bad Raiders teams). Let's not act like he's the equivalent of last year's Cowboys backup QBs.

Wow, now DMac all of a sudden is getting credit for being a top 5 pick again. He was a scrub no one wanted and Dallas picked up cheap last year, now he is being passed off as better than the pieces we had to trade picks for.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same great situation last year and this team was 4-12.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same great situation last year and this team was 4-12.

...and I stated much earlier that Dak and Elliott were far better than what the Cowboys had last year. Point? With Romo and Demarco the year prior to that, the Cowboys went 12-4 and won a playoff game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, now DMac all of a sudden is getting credit for being a top 5 pick again. He was a scrub no one wanted and Dallas picked up cheap last year, now he is being passed off as better than the pieces we had to trade picks for.

Said nothing of the sort. He's an injury waiting to happen, but if he can avoid injury, he was a dominant RB talent coming out of college and very effective in spurts in the NFL. I'm just saying that he's not a scrub the level of Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, and Kellen Moore.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I stated much earlier that Dak and Elliott were far better than what the Cowboys had last year. Point? With Romo and Demarco the year prior to that, the Cowboys went 12-4 and won a playoff game.

Romo is a better passer than Wilson, and he's not a game manager. So you are saying essentially that game manager or not, the success of Dallas is only because of the "situation". Makes no sense at all, but I'm sure it does to you.

Again, this goes back to my point if an OL is all anyone needs to make a QB and RB look this good then why does anyone draft anything but OL?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said nothing of the sort. He's an injury waiting to happen, but if he can avoid injury, he was a dominant RB talent coming out of college and very effective in spurts in the NFL. I'm just saying that he's not a scrub the level of Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, and Kellen Moore.

And as I have said, you are the first person to not call him a scrub in probably 5 years.

Must be because you need him to not be a scrub for your argument.

Weeden was a 1st round pick, wasn't he? Was on a bad team, all that same crap that gives DMac your benefit of the doubt.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden is/was a backup level RB imo

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I've said McFadden was a respectable back for Dallas last year and that the biggest upgrade they got over last year was QB.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've said McFadden was a respectable back for Dallas last year and that the biggest upgrade they got over last year was QB.

Who knew all we needed was a game manager last year. If any of the three QB's could have just checked the ball down, the OL would do everything. They make the right read, they make the right throw, they make the accurate throw...just manage the game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckle up Dallas fans.

Prescott reminded me of Wilson from early on in the season. You could win a Superbowl NEXT year :), and be perennially in the playoffs for the next two, and people will still argue that Dak is the product of something.

NW Pats is arguing this month that Wilson still isn't capable of being a pocket passer.

So... get used to it.