• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That argument is very valid. It could be argue (and some have) that neither Dak or Zeke are the Dallas MVP's it is the Cowboys line.

You Cowboys fans also are making exaggerations are well suggestion no other QB can perform as well as Dak. Romo did just as well in 2015. His problem is he can't stay healthy.

No one has said no QB can perform as well as Dak. Not a single one.

Romo did just as well as 11-1 in 2015? How can you even say that?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were ever playing from behind his numbers would be better. Guess I'll stick with having a better rush attack, since rushing is what you do when you are milking the clock.

So your suggesting that Zeke's numbers are inflated because the Cowboys are milking the clock?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, and roughly the same team is 11-1 this year. The drop off from Zeke to Alf isn't as great as Dak to Buttfumble.

That is a good point......I mean McFadden did get 1000 yards behind that line. One could argue that neither would be good without that line.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has said no QB can perform as well as Dak. Not a single one.

Romo did just as well as 11-1 in 2015? How can you even say that?

Don't be a dumb ass. I am talking about his performance as QB.

And I am talking about 2014.....the Cowboys went 12-4 that year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your suggesting that Zeke's numbers are inflated because the Cowboys are milking the clock?

Nope. I'm saying Dak doesn't get the opportunities to throw the ball as much because we aren't coming from behind. Dallas has more than 1 RB, and use them late when grinding the clock.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be a dumb ass. I am talking about his performance as QB.

And I am talking about 2014.....the Cowboys went 12-4 that year.

Oh, so you are talking about 2014 when you said 2015? And I'm the dumbass? ha

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did say 2015 in a response post.....that was a typo....will go and see if I can change it.....my original post that was quoted has 2014.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and read my post again jackass.

Ok
That argument is very valid. It could be argue (and some have) that neither Dak or Zeke are the Dallas MVP's it is the Cowboys line.

You Cowboys fans also are making exaggerations are well suggestion no other QB can perform as well as Dak. Romo did just as well in 2015. His problem is he can't stay healthy.

Romo did just as well in 2015. In 2015 Romo played 4 games and did poorly.

So again, how am I the dumbass or jackass when you clearly are the one that got it wrong?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok

Romo did just as well in 2015. In 2015 Romo played 4 games and did poorly.

So again, how am I the dumbass or jackass when you clearly are the one that got it wrong?

Because in reality it was a typo. I meant 2014....got stuck on 2015 because I made another response concerning Romo being injured most of that year.

But I guess you decided to ignore my original post on the matter......

The Cowboys had a similar thing happen to them in 2014. Amazing rushing that led to a QB having a great year. Demarco Murray was insane with 1800 rushing yards. Tony Romo benefited from that.....completing 70% of his passes, 34 TD's and only 9 interceptions.......sound familiar to anyone?

So instead of dealing with semantic bullshit.....how about we just get back on point......any response to this?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because Romo missed most of the year. If Romo plays the Cowboys QB play is much better.

And they sucked balls in his absence. Weeded, Cassel, Kellen Moore.... A bunch of dogs if ever. 4-12.

And this year, no Romo again. 11-1.

I'm not seeing your point.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in reality it was a typo. I meant 2014....got stuck on 2015 because I made another response concerning Romo being injured most of that year.

But I guess you decided to ignore my original post on the matter......

So instead of dealing with semantic bullshit.....how about we just get back on point......any response to this?

I didn't read your long diatribe because it was pure shit. That's my response to your attempts to troll.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they sucked balls in his absence. Weeded, Cassel, Kellen Moore.... A bunch of dogs if ever. 4-12.

And this year, no Romo again. 11-1.

I'm not seeing your point.

He has no point. He's trying to get Dallas fans riled up, he's an unskilled troll.

Did you see where he fucked up and started attacking me, then said "oops, typo" instead of acting like a fucking man and admitting he is in fact the dumbass and jackass?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read your long diatribe because it was pure shit. That's my response to your attempts to troll.

Nah...you just got your panties in a wad because I did not bow to the alter of Dak.

I made an opinion and supported it. I listed QB's that I believe deserve the MVP more than Dak does. My argument is that Zeke deserves MVP. However....Dak does not deserve it over Brady, Rodgers, Carr, Ryan and Ben. You won't debate so I will move on and let you continue with the licking of Dak's nuts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...you just got your panties in a wad because I did not bow to the alter of Dak.

I made an opinion and supported it. I listed QB's that I believe deserve the MVP more than Dak does. My argument is that Zeke deserves MVP. However....Dak does not deserve it over Brady, Rodgers, Carr, Ryan and Ben. You won't debate so I will move on and let you continue with the licking of Dak's nuts.

No way Zeke is MVP. I never said Dak did deserve MVP. i said Dak for ROY.

But feel free to invent whatever argument you think you need.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not all that important.
Least we can eliminate the philly QB, and flip a coin as to which Dallas rook gets it.

11-1 is 11-1 and that's says plenty about the QB play... IF it's NFL football.
To imply you could insert many QB's and get the same results to date is just wrong.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is easy to say that Dak is not what makes that offense run.....Zeke is.
Totally disagree. At crunch time it's Dak that wins games for this team.

But it really doesn't matter if you agree. So your opinion that Zeke should be the MVP of the entire NFL is fine with me and very easy to argue for. Many Cowboys fans feel the same way. I'm just glad Dak is proving to be a better Football player than QBs drafted 1st and 2nd overall and better than other QBs that also went in the first or second round and that Zeke seems like the best Football player taken in the first round. As someone who has watched every Dallas game and every past Dallas game I see the difference that Dak has made. I still don't claim he will play at this level all year, wouldn't be surprised if he completely shits the bed at year end or in the playoffs and don't like mid-season predictions for things like best team or best player,,,but after 12 games he is more important to his team than Zeke is or the OL is IMO

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree. At crunch time it's Dak that wins games for this team.

But it really doesn't matter if you agree. So your opinion that Zeke should be the MVP of the entire NFL is fine with me and very easy to argue for. Many Cowboys fans feel the same way. I'm just glad Dak is proving to be a better Football player than QBs drafted 1st and 2nd overall and better than other QBs that also went in the first or second round and that Zeke seems like the best Football player taken in the first round. As someone who has watched every Dallas game and every past Dallas game I see the difference that Dak has made. I still don't claim he will play at this level all year, wouldn't be surprised if he completely shits the bed at year end or in the playoffs and don't like mid-season predictions for things like best team or best player,,,but after 12 games he is more important to his team than Zeke is or the OL is IMO

My argument was twofold becuase it Dak was mentioned as an MVP candidate. I don't think he is. I don't think he is the best offensive player on the Cowboys. That is just one mans opinion. I disagree with you but that does not mean your points are not valid because I can't really find any fault wtih it. I just think differently.

It seems some take umbrage to the fact that I say Dak's numbers are in part because of the support he has around him. In fact it seems to really piss some people off. They ignore the fact that I say he is very good and that I think that he is going to be a stud in the NFL. Those comments go unoticed because they see any negative as bashing towards him.

A QB is only as good as the team around him and I will use Carson Wentz as part of the argument. I personally think that as a QB he is fundamentally better than Dak. Am I right......who knows.....I am a fan and admit some homerism applies here. However I watched both Dak and Carson a lot and both are very very good. They both have fundamental flaws but they are rookies. It is expected. Both QB's have the same poise in the pocket and both are very confident. Wentz has shit as a supporting cast. It is worse than when McNabb was here. I don't think there is a receiver on the Eagles roster for the last game that would even make the team for Dallas.

The only Cowboys games I have not watched are games where they play the same time as the Eagles. I will say this. Dak is going to be an Elite QB. Early on I said that Carson would be a top 3 QB in the NFL in a few years and when he gets weapons. I think Dak is going to be one of the other QB's in that equation. I think the NFC East is going to soon boast the best QB's and best teams in the NFL in the near future. The NFC East will soon dominate the NFL again.

I stand by my comment that Dak does not deserve to be considered for MVP. Mostly because I think Zeke deservers it more. That is just my opinion. I think Zeke is the only non-QB that should be considered for MVP. In the end I think the award goes to a QB. Even if Dak was the best player on the Cowboys offense he is not the best QB in the NFL nor is he having the best season as a QB this year. I mentioned that Brady, Rodgers, Roethlesberger, Ryan and Brees and Carr are more deserving than Dak.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument was twofold becuase it Dak was mentioned as an MVP candidate. I don't think he is. I don't think he is the best offensive player on the Cowboys. That is just one mans opinion. I disagree with you but that does not mean your points are not valid because I can't really find any fault wtih it. I just think differently.

It seems some take umbrage to the fact that I say Dak's numbers are in part because of the support he has around him. In fact it seems to really piss some people off. They ignore the fact that I say he is very good and that I think that he is going to be a stud in the NFL. Those comments go unoticed because they see any negative as bashing towards him.

A QB is only as good as the team around him and I will use Carson Wentz as part of the argument. I personally think that as a QB he is fundamentally better than Dak. Am I right......who knows.....I am a fan and admit some homerism applies here. However I watched both Dak and Carson a lot and both are very very good. They both have fundamental flaws but they are rookies. It is expected. Both QB's have the same poise in the pocket and both are very confident. Wentz has shit as a supporting cast. It is worse than when McNabb was here. I don't think there is a receiver on the Eagles roster for the last game that would even make the team for Dallas.

The only Cowboys games I have not watched are games where they play the same time as the Eagles. I will say this. Dak is going to be an Elite QB. Early on I said that Carson would be a top 3 QB in the NFL in a few years and when he gets weapons. I think Dak is going to be one of the other QB's in that equation. I think the NFC East is going to soon boast the best QB's and best teams in the NFL in the near future. The NFC East will soon dominate the NFL again.

I stand by my comment that Dak does not deserve to be considered for MVP. Mostly because I think Zeke deservers it more. That is just my opinion. I think Zeke is the only non-QB that should be considered for MVP. In the end I think the award goes to a QB. Even if Dak was the best player on the Cowboys offense he is not the best QB in the NFL nor is he having the best season as a QB this year. I mentioned that Brady, Rodgers, Roethlesberger, Ryan and Brees and Carr are more deserving than Dak.

I don't think you will get flak for anything there. I disagree that right now Wentz has better fundamentals, but that is simply because of his mechanics. His arm position at release and his load-up motion are completely screwed. He needs a full offseason with a good coach to get them fixed. I think he has the intangibles to be a great QB: size, brain, legs, arm strength. But he has to get his mechanics fixed or he is going to keep airmailing the ball. I think Dak is more advanced in his mechanics right now and he is making the right plays. He doesn't panic and run like a lot of other young QB's have done. I think Zeke is a very special player, but I think Dak has done more to make this team better than last year than Zeke has.