• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dak is more valuable and yesterday highlighted it. Clearly Baltimore is good against the run but I didn't see Zeke do anything to make things better for himself. It almost like he accepted there wouldn't be a hole so he ran right into a pile of guys. Zeke wouldn't be the same if he played for the Rams. Zeke is benefiting greatly from that O-Line.

Dak is the guy. If he was a scrub then teams would have loaded the box and contained Zeke.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboy OL is getting all the hype as of now.. In fact, when they talk about the Cowboys it starts with the OL..
Hey, no doubt Dak and Zeke are good, real good.. I just think Wentz is the OROY as of now.. Dude is a one man show for the most part.. Again, this is just an opinion of an outsider looking in..

The Eagles O-Line is pretty great as well.

I think Dak is able to create more with his mobility and extend plays. Not saying Wentz is a statue but he surely aint no Dak.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles O-Line is pretty great as well.

I think Dak is able to create more with his mobility and extend plays. Not saying Wentz is a statue but he surely aint no Dak.
Wentz is trying to do everything himself and it is resulting in some turnovers.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it can be a match-up nightmare.
Yesterday Baltimore played with a safety in the box most of the day and it created man coverage dropping in coverage not willing to get beat deep. Dak killed um with the short, mid-range and eventually stretched the field some.

Today...Dak gets my vote with 6 games to play. Not many QB's much less rookie QB's go 3 & out the first 4 drives to start the game, keep their composure, and play the way he did the last 3 quarters. This kid is showing special, not just good. Long ways to go but shit is looking good in Dallas.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is trying to do everything himself and it is resulting in some turnovers.

Good point. Statistically it's not really close so I am not sure it's even worthy of discussion barring significant changes.

Wentz:
CMP%:
Yards: 2339
TD: 11
INT: 7
RAT: 84.2

Dak:

CMP%:
Yards: 2640
TD: 17
INT: 2
RAT: 108.6

Yeah the CMP% and yards are pretty close but when we look at turnovers and QB rating Dak has made it pretty clear he is in a different class than Wentz. Wentz may have started the talk about interceptionless streak...but Dak wrote the book.

I think anyone who thinks Wentz is either an Eagles fan or hasn't paid attention to football since week 5.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Zeke breaks the rookie rushing record he RUNS away with it, but Dak can certainly PASS him.
Yes puns were intended.
yes, no doubt about that. I never felt Murray would break the single season rushing record or get 2,000 and I don't think Zeke gets the rookie one. But, if he did, it's a landslide for Zeke IMO.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Statistically it's not really close so I am not sure it's even worthy of discussion barring significant changes.

Wentz:
CMP%:
Yards: 2339
TD: 11
INT: 7
RAT: 84.2

Dak:

CMP%:
Yards: 2640
TD: 17
INT: 2
RAT: 108.6

Yeah the CMP% and yards are pretty close but when we look at turnovers and QB rating Dak has made it pretty clear he is in a different class than Wentz. Wentz may have started the talk about interceptionless streak...but Dak wrote the book.

I think anyone who thinks Wentz is either an Eagles fan or hasn't paid attention to football since week 5.

Dak is playing better but Wentz has ABSOLUTELY nothing to throw to. I guarantee you every GM in the NFL would take Wentz over Dak if they had to choose between the two. Now dont go blowing this up into something it isnt. Dak has been phenomenal and is way ahead in the rookie of the year voting over Wentz. Dak has also plaayed better cause he doesnt turn the ball over and is really hard to bring down.But Wentz has the better future IMO. It looks like a young McNabb and a young Rodgers to me. I can only dream of the numbers Wentz would have with a 2000 yard back, the leagues best OLine by far, a HOF TE and a star WR who is a great redzone threat. Carson has none of that. Not only do his receivers lead the league in drops for the 2nd year in a row... they are committing devastating penalties. The cupboards are pretty empty for Wentz. But Dak is playing better this year, no doubt.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you every GM in the NFL would take Wentz over Dak if they had to choose between the two. Now dont go blowing this up into something it isnt
You guarantee? Is this like your guarantee Prescott gets hurt this year?

Frankly your statement above was 100% dead on, but I'm not sure it's the same slam dunk after 10 games. Certainly within question should Prescott continue his play over the season. Remember, Prescott has the same NFL measurable like strong arm and size. Let's not assume or at least not guarantee anything.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is playing better but Wentz has ABSOLUTELY nothing to throw to. I guarantee you every GM in the NFL would take Wentz over Dak if they had to choose between the two. Now dont go blowing this up into something it isnt. Dak has been phenomenal and is way ahead in the rookie of the year voting over Wentz. Dak has also plaayed better cause he doesnt turn the ball over and is really hard to bring down.But Wentz has the better future IMO. It looks like a young McNabb and a young Rodgers to me. I can only dream of the numbers Wentz would have with a 2000 yard back, the leagues best OLine by far, a HOF TE and a star WR who is a great redzone threat. Carson has none of that. Not only do his receivers lead the league in drops for the 2nd year in a row... they are committing devastating penalties. The cupboards are pretty empty for Wentz. But Dak is playing better this year, no doubt.

No way can this be guaranteed unless you had a sit down with all 32 GM's, but for the sake of argument would those same GM's take Wentz at 2 or Dak late 4th round?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is playing better but Wentz has ABSOLUTELY nothing to throw to. I guarantee you every GM in the NFL would take Wentz over Dak if they had to choose between the two.

I'm sure this is not the case of you being an Eagles fan and you have supporting evidence of this??

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honost here we can admit both will be a good qb barring unforseen events. Dak and Wentz are a horse apiece but you still have to bring dak down for no reason at all. Can we just say this is going to be a rivalry for a long time and the NFC east is gonna be fun for a long time and Dak and Wentz will be at the front of it .

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. I think if the draft were redone today based on the season so far, Dak is the consensus #1 overall pick.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak played a good chunk of the season without Dez. That means he had Butler, TWill, and Beasly to throw to YET he still did that well. And we all know exactly what PHXEagle thinks of Cole so it isn't like he's a legit WR option.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. I think if the draft were redone today based on the season so far, Dak is the consensus #1 overall pick.
A few weeks ago a redraft had it 1. Wentz, 2. Dak, so Dak moving up to 1 isnt a stretch, unless your an Eagle fan making un-guaranteed guarantees.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree except that his stats would take a huge hit on the Rams

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree except that his stats would take a huge hit on the Rams

Jesus Christ himself couldn't QB that team to victory.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hate the QBR.

ESPN loves to have wiggle room to promote players of their liking.
So why not use a rating system that is partially based on opinion and pass it off as fact.
I don't think you were following the bouncing ball...