• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's See Who Has the Biggest One

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey they just showed the ad for the Indy 500. Granted never been to an Indy event but way back in the 80's did the tour of the speedway where they even drove you around the oval and stopped and let you get out at the bricks.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I think the same with me on Kipper. At that point you realize they don't give a s**t about some young punk the stands.
With that I remember being at PNC sitting in the left field bleachers, they were playing the Giants. This one guy brought photos of Barry Bonds (pre steriods) and handed them out to a lot of folks to heckle him. Yeah, that was a mitigated disaster because his first time up after the heckling he parked one right in the left field bleachers.
man, between this convo and the convo the other day you had with @dash about Al Oliver have me concerned. I've collected only 2 things since I was a kid (well, not counting bikes anyway, right @forty_three) and that's all my tickets stubs and wheat pennies. Well, the wheat pennies I always put in an old RC Cola can that was part of a MLB marketing scheme that had various players on it. This one had Al Oliver on it. My David Feeese foul ball was sitting on top on the cola can. they sat on my dress.

well, we moved about 8-9 months ago. I was deployed, so the wife had to arrange everything by herself. Between your convo with dash and this one, I just realized my ticket stubs, Al Oliver can with wheat pennies and the foul ball are all missing. The wife is working the night shift currently. but when she gets home tomorrow morning, there's going to be a different kind of convo if she can't produce my stuff! :mad2:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a pretty cool story I remember about Bonds and his first 5 MLB home runs. I’ll see if I can find a link. If not I’ll be back if you’re interested in hearing it.
The goes something along these lines. A pirate scout or coach told Bonds at his first spring training camp he needs to stop pulling the ball or he will never make it in the majors. He harped on him he needs to learn to hit to all fields etc...

Barry being Barry took it personal as a cocky young kid would. Later that season when the Pirates called him up he hit his first 5 homers to the opposite field (purposely???) and made it a point to let the scout or coach know about it.

My memory sucks but that was pretty much the gist of it.

So it wouldn’t shock me one bit that he hit that ball to the left field bleachers on purpose after he was heckled.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey they just showed the ad for the Indy 500. Granted never been to an Indy event but way back in the 80's did the tour of the speedway where they even drove you around the oval and stopped and let you get out at the bricks.
I'm not much of a racing fan, but an Indy car or NASCAR event would be cool just because.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of ads, they just showed the US Open is going to be at Torrey Pines in a couple of weeks. Good to know...I'll be sure to avoid La Jolla that weekend.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, between this convo and the convo the other day you had with @dash about Al Oliver have me concerned. I've collected only 2 things since I was a kid (well, not counting bikes anyway, right @forty_three) and that's all my tickets stubs and wheat pennies. Well, the wheat pennies I always put in an old RC Cola can that was part of a MLB marketing scheme that had various players on it. This one had Al Oliver on it. My David Feeese foul ball was sitting on top on the cola can. they sat on my dress.

well, we moved about 8-9 months ago. I was deployed, so the wife had to arrange everything by herself. Between your convo with dash and this one, I just realized my ticket stubs, Al Oliver can with wheat pennies and the foul ball are all missing. The wife is working the night shift currently. but when she gets home tomorrow morning, there's going to be a different kind of convo if she can't produce my stuff! :mad2:
LOL...yeah the wife always wins. :suds:

I lost a lot of my stuff when I moved out of my house. Moved into an Appt and didn't have much space so all my extra stuff my mom eventually threw it all away.

I knew growing up and later in life I wasn't her favorite son :D When she died and had to go clean out her house I found a ton of stuff from my brothers and nothing from me. They probably used all my stuff as kindling for starting fires. :)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much of a racing fan, but an Indy car or NASCAR event would be cool just because.
Same here and always thought the same it would be cool to just see. I was also told drag racing is fun to watch.
About the only racing I ever been to was the vintage grand prix at Schenley Park.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been to Pocono and Michigan for cup races. Even if you’re not a racing fan it sure is something to see.
I drove past Pocono once and all I remember it was in the middle of nowhere.
The same can be said for Talladega, I "had" to drive past it to see it. Well this was after seeing Talladega Nights for the first time and being in Atlanta a lot you tend to do these little road trips when bored after work.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of ads, they just showed the US Open is going to be at Torrey Pines in a couple of weeks. Good to know...I'll be sure to avoid La Jolla that weekend.
I went to school with Torrey Pines. She got pregnant in 9th grade and left for a while. She came back the next year. One year she was my dialog partner in Spanish. Nice girl. Glad she is still around.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me:
Washington - many games
Philadelphia*
Pittsburgh* - Igloo
Montreal

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m slowly collecting Canadian locations.

Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Toronto

I just missed out on a game in the old Forum in Montreal thanks to a canceled trip.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a fan of the older quirky ones growing up and like you said not much to remember about Cooper hence why I don't remember much.
My favorite all time stadium is Memorial Stadium in Baltimore. I've been to High School football fields here in Ohio with better amenities. But damn I miss that place.
Places I have seen top level motorsport (Indycar, NASCAR, LeMans Series, F1)
Dover
Pocono
Nazareth
VIR
Richmond
Bristol
Toronto
RFK Stadium (yes, really)
Mid-Ohio
Indy (500 and F1)

I've also been inside Circuit of the Americas and Daytona but never saw races there. Actually rode a bike on COTA. That hill is mega.
I’ve been to Pocono and Michigan for cup races. Even if you’re not a racing fan it sure is something to see.
Yeah, I wasn't much of a NASCAR fan, but worked somewhere that got tickets all the time. The two things that really don't get captured on TV is how vibrant the colors are an as silly as it sounds, how fucking fast they are going.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a fan of the older quirky ones growing up and like you said not much to remember about Cooper hence why I don't remember much.

With that @sabresfaninthesouth I heard Flour Field in Greenville is pretty cool with a "Green Monster" and as they call it little Fenway.
Have you been there? Wondering if it would ever be worth the trip up to Greenville the next time I am in Atlanta.
I have, though it's been a very long time (12 years maybe?) so I don't remember much about it, but remember it being nice, though it was only a year or two old I think, so no idea how well maintained. Remember concessions and tickets being super cheap, as you'd expect for Single A.

I will say that I'm a fan of Greenville as a whole too. Very nice, compact downtown right on the river and some good restaurants.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have, though it's been a very long time (12 years maybe?) so I don't remember much about it, but remember it being nice, though it was only a year or two old I think, so no idea how well maintained. Remember concessions and tickets being super cheap, as you'd expect for Single A.

I will say that I'm a fan of Greenville as a whole too. Very nice, compact downtown right on the river and some good restaurants.
Yeah I agree Greenville is a cool downtown area. Been there a few times but never walked over the river towards the baseball field. Seems like they built it up around the ballpark since I been there.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither am I, really. Although I did watch the F1 show on Netflix, and it's made me a little more interested. I think I've only been to one race, but it was the Circuit of the Americas F1 in Austin (maybe 5 years ago?)

And I think I might end up at a British Grand Prix sometime in the next few years. The gf's brother lives 30 minutes from the track.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither am I, really. Although I did watch the F1 show on Netflix, and it's made me a little more interested. I think I've only been to one race, but it was the Circuit of the Americas F1 in Austin (maybe 5 years ago?)

And I think I might end up at a British Grand Prix sometime in the next few years. The gf's brother lives 30 minutes from the track.
Stow me away in your luggage? You won't have to bring me back, just get me there.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stow me away in your luggage? You won't have to bring me back, just get me there.
The guy has like 6 bedrooms. You could probably hide in one, and they wouldn't find you.