• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's See Who Has the Biggest One

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine might be average, or maybe even a little small compared to some of you.

Who has the biggest list of cities you've traveled to see an NHL game? Which was your favorite?
Post your list with a * when you saw a game without seeing your favorite team, but went just to watch some hockey.

Columbus*
Philadelphia
Phoenix*
Pittsburgh (Heinz Field)
Raleigh*
Washington

Favorite: Probably would say Columbus in regards to the arena - I like how the arena was really built naturally into the neighborhood and the crowd was great. For experience, the night at Heinz Field was unique and unbeatable, especially the road trip up with rest stops and gas stations filled with Caps' fans.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary
LA*
Anaheim*
Vancouver*
Toronto*
St. Louis*

Additionally, I've been to the Bell Centre and MSG, but just to walk around inside the arenas, I wasn't able to see an actual game.

I think my favourite was St. Louis as it was a playoff game against Detroit and the atmosphere was fantastic. St. Louis tied it up late, but the Red Wings won the game in OT.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, I've been to the Bell Centre and MSG, but just to walk around inside the arenas, I wasn't able to see an actual game.

You've got me on the tiebreaker then. It's a win... but like a shootout win. ;)

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago*
Pittsburg
Tampa°

°i drunkenly bought a flight to watch a playoff game that ended up not happening.... But the breweries were fun down there.

I do want to make it to some away games... Maybe post covid

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago*
Pittsburg
Tampa°

°i drunkenly bought a flight to watch a playoff game that ended up not happening.... But the breweries were fun down there.

I do want to make it to some away games... Maybe post covid

Please tell me you've seen a game in Columbus and just overlooked it. Otherwise, we'll start a GoFundMe. ;)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Calgary
Pittsburgh
Arizona
Vancouver (more of a commute than a travel)
Los Angeles*
Anaheim*

Pitts was the favourite because it was part of a pretty epic roadtrip.
Flew to Toronto to pick up a friend who was studying at Waterloo, Drive to Detroit to see the Afghan Whigs at St Andrew's Hall.
Apparently the authorities ended up looking for us at the end of that night, because you are not supposed to walk into the Duty Free store at the Ambassador Bridge to buy 60oz of vodka and then walk back to your hotel.

Drove to Pittsburgh for the hockey game (the CSB from the other thread). Woke up to find our motel being raided by the vice squad. Apparently there were hookers in every room but ours. We had absolutely no idea.
Were supposed to go to Dayton the next night to see Black Sabbath, but got snowed in. Ended up making it as far as Toledo to see an ECHL game.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you've seen a game in Columbus and just overlooked it. Otherwise, we'll start a GoFundMe. ;)
Well, I haven't really traveled to Columbus to see a game... Unless you count the either 10 minute uber or 15 minute walk (depending on which apartment I lived in) as travelling

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough. I should have said list "where you've seen an NHL game" if a mod could help a guy out.

And @dare2be , even the lawyer gets tired and doesn't choose his words carefully sometimes. ;)

Reactions: gob

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto, Buffalo, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Montreal, NYC, East Rutherford. Vancouver & Seattle will be happening in short order.

Weirdly enough I've watched 2 NHL games in Buffalo and neither were Leaf games, they were both Pens games after Sid got drafted. All the rest were Leaf games.

Far as best goes East Rutherford easily takes the cake.

/Nicest arena I've ever been in was Barclay's Center but that was for a Kanye show.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL
New York - Nassau and MSG
Buffalo - The Aud
Philly - Spectrum and FU Center (I will never call it anything but)
DC - Cap Centre and The Phone Booth
Raleigh - whatever the fuck it's called
Pittsburgh - Igloo and paint can
Boston - Bahston Gahden
Ottawa - the Kanata thingie
Columbus - cannon go boom
Chicago - Old and new
Detroit - Joe Lewis Arena
LA - Great Western
Anaheim - Arrowhead Pond
Trawna - Maple Leaf Gardens

Other
Baltimore Civic Center
Hershey PA - Hersheypark Arena and Giant Eagle center
Some dingy little building in Hampton Roads Va
Charlotte Checkers arena. They might be ECHL. I don't know.
Columbus - Schottenstein (OSU) and OSU Rink (OSU Women's)
Bowling Green - Slater Arena
Penn State Arena
Ohio University - Shit Hole Center
Johnstown Arena
Navy (old and new)
Notre Dame Arena
Kent State Arena

I've also been inside the building at Lake Placid but never saw a game there.

Favorite may have been Ottawa, but a lot of that was the company. I actually liked the old Cap Center. Arrowhead (now Honda Center) and Nationwide are the best overall buildings with the nicest facilities as well as easy in and out. The MCI/Verizon is great but a pain to get to from where I lived at the time.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose
Denver
Vancouver

So far. I did also go see a UM Gophers game while in Minnesota. I could have done a Wild game or a Gophers game, I think I made the correct choice.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norfolk* Preseason Capitals games. They played two games there Buffalo and Hartford
Washington* Most games I saw there did not include the Penguins, but I did see them play there.
Detroit Joe Louis I have not been to the Pizza House yet

Favorite I would have to say the old Capital Centre in DC. If you want to see a list of games I saw there just look up Rod Langway home goals.

I might be in the running for smallest. I did get to play a game in the Forum in Montreal though.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto, Buffalo, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Montreal, NYC, East Rutherford. Vancouver & Seattle will be happening in short order.

Weirdly enough I've watched 2 NHL games in Buffalo and neither were Leaf games, they were both Pens games after Sid got drafted. All the rest were Leaf games.

Far as best goes East Rutherford easily takes the cake.

/Nicest arena I've ever been in was Barclay's Center but that was for a Kanye show.

I had to keep going out and shoveling the driveway during intermissions for that game in AA. I remember it well.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte Checkers arena. They might be ECHL. I don't know.
Depends when you were there. They were ECHL for a while. Played first at a building that's had a variety of names but was (I think) Cricket Arena when they moved out to the Bobcats (now the Hornets) arena (now Spectrum Center). While they were there they moved up to AHL and shortly thereafter moved back to the remodeled old arena.

So, long story short, two different arenas, two different league levels at each.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve only seen games in 2 cities, Pittsburgh and Philly.

I have seen all 31 current teams play live and also the Whalers, Nordiques, North Stars and Thrashers
Yes I seen the Thrashers in Pittsburgh and Atlanta. I might be one of a select few that have done that. :D

But for the NHL games I been to:

Pittsburgh,
Philly,
Atlanta,
Raleigh,
Nashville,
Dallas,
Anaheim and
Phoenix

Non NHL been to a few minor league arenas and still the best was Johnstown (when they still had a team).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends when you were there. They were ECHL for a while. Played first at a building that's had a variety of names but was (I think) Cricket Arena when they moved out to the Bobcats (now the Hornets) arena (now Spectrum Center). While they were there they moved up to AHL and shortly thereafter moved back to the remodeled old arena.

So, long story short, two different arenas, two different league levels at each.
I was there in 2012 and wasn't called Time Warner Arena at the time which is the Spectrum Center now?