• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's make this clear

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run Lynch......end of story......why anyone is arguing about this is beyond me.

Because the rest of us have brains. If you run on 2nd and miss, you call the last time out.

Now, the D knows you have to pass on 3rd. The D knowing what you're going to do is a bad thing.
Throwing on second keeps the ad guessing on every turn.

Again. Carroll was going to run Lynch three out of four downs just like everyone else is calling for., and pass once. 2nd down just makes more sense to throw than 3rd.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, we could expect Lockette to do a better job with the route and/or have Wilson put the damned ball on his jersey instead of leading him inside. The ball was too high and to the left. Lower and to the right and one of only 3 things happens: Catch and TD, drop and 3rd down, or the slimmest of margins for him knocking it up in the air and the defense comes down with it.

I'll take Warner's word over the success rate of that play over any arm chair QB. He says is drop dead simple even if Browner doesn't get the rub. But I guess in your near HOF NFL career you had different experiences? :whistle:
Hey to talk out against Warner is damn near sacrilegious for us Rams fans.

That said, Warner maybe a bit too empathetic in the process here.

I'm sure all remember the fateful interception Kurt suffered in the Superbowl to close out the first half of his final Super Bowl campaign with the Cardinals VS the Steelers.

That INT was also a bang/bang timing pass play too, a bit different because the DE pulled out of a blitz at the last second and drops into coverage to take it 100 yard for the score.

A probable 14 point swing in a game that was decided by on a last second drive by merely 4 points.

Now Kurt on the heels of a HOF ballet campaign, I can see more compassion and empathy than anything else behind such comments by the sure eventual HOF player. :nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the rest of us have brains. If you run on 2nd and miss, you call the last time out.

Now, the D knows you have to pass on 3rd. The D knowing what you're going to do is a bad thing.
Throwing on second keeps the ad guessing on every turn.

Again. Carroll was going to run Lynch three out of four downs just like everyone else is calling for., and pass once. 2nd down just makes more sense to throw than 3rd.
Why are you stuck on this premiss of a 26 second scenario when we all know that there could have been as much as a full minute to run all three run plays by calling a timeout at the end of the first down play? :scratch:

In my mind it was a quick timeout after first down, providing a cool 60 seconds and then it's run, run, run baby!

:nod:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can think that you should use your last time out and then force yourself into a situation where you have to make super quick decisions and substitutions etc. But I woukdnt choose that over running three calm plays

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can think that you should use your last time out and then force yourself into a situation where you have to make super quick decisions and substitutions etc. But I woukdnt choose that over running three calm plays
:lol: Do you mean like the three 'calm' run plays?

I would call those three calm run plays during the final timeout starting from the 1/2 yard line. :nod:

The quick timeout gives them big boyz time to get up to the line and into position and also put in the right personnel on the field for run, run, run and to figure out exactly the final three plays they plan to run but also gets the clock in a favorable spot of a full minute as opposed to 26 seconds.

Honestly, I don't think I'm any smarter than any of these so-called experts or any of you and GOD forbid I was the Seahawks OC for the entire season but I gotta believe, consensus says, I could have brought a Championship to Seattle (I choke as I type this) if I was given the late game scenario just after the Marshawn's first down run that put them at goal to go at the 1/2 yard line with a minute to go and one timeout.

It's really that simple.

Last edited by a moderator: