• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's make this clear

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that justifies not using Lynch with 3 downs, a time-out in your hip pocket, just inside the 1 yard line, is a football moron .... Let's just make that clear right now ....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was inexcusable. My god.....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the other thread.. the guy literally falls forward and drags bodies like they're puppets all the damn time. So what if they stuffed the box? You still have 2 chances to run the damn ball. Marshawn all the way at the 1 yard line 10000% of the time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO a quick slant into the most-condensed field possible, is too dangerous of a play to call in that situation.

I don't mind a pass per se, but not that one.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never going to get over this.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO a quick slant into the most-condensed field possible, is too dangerous of a play to call in that situation.

You need a big strong receiver for that type of play to work. Chris Matthews would probably had a better chance than Lockette, not to mention the pass by Russell was off. :omg:

You have a mobile QB and a Beast... yet it wasn't a run. :noidea:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even mind the pass. Just roll Wilson out instead of making the most dangerous throw you can in that situation! It's not like we have Big Ben out there who could just run that play from behind center because he stands so tall! We ran it out of the fucking shotgun.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this is where the Seattle fans have chosen to congregate and commiserate...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even mind the pass. Just roll Wilson out instead of making the most dangerous throw you can in that situation! It's not like we have Big Ben out there who could just run that play from behind center because he stands so tall! We ran it out of the fucking shotgun.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.. Why not a roll out by Wilson? Better yet, the play that worked so well a couple of weeks ago when he ran for the TD in short yardage situation. It was a shotgun and they read it.. they fucking knew it was a pass play. :bullshit:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that justifies not using Lynch with 3 downs, a time-out in your hip pocket, just inside the 1 yard line, is a football moron .... Let's just make that clear right now ....

I watched it in a bar in NY. EVeryone in the bar couldn't believe the call. Still can't

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't really mind the pass on 2nd down. Definitely have a problem calling a slant route there. Roll out plus option for Wilson to run it in OR throw it away is what you want.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, this thread was really aimed at me directly. Only I haven't once said they shouldn't have ran it. In fact, I've said clearly they should have gone to a power set and not tried to disguise the run, but that's my opinion.

The reason these guys have their heads up their asses over what I've actually said, is stuff like this.

If you want to say it was a bad call, at least get the call right. It wasn't "the most condensed field possible". It was 2 on 2 with no safety help. Yes, the shallowness of the field makes it condensed, but the reaction they had to the defense got them to the best choice they had given their already poor choice of going with 11 personnel and intending to run out of it to begin with. I've said that a few times and somehow that becomes I'm saying it was the right call because it seems blind hatred removes the ability to reason and/or read for some of my fellow fans.

The mistake was going 11 and wanting to run out it. And I blame Carroll. Somehow this will again be said that I'm calling it the right play and Bevell is a god because that's how these fools are operating today. :lol:

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Boogie....

It was a bad play call, no question..... But we really need to break it down.

The Seahawks did not execute on this play.

The patriots did execute on the play.

If any of these things happened, the Seahawks would be world champions, bad play call or not.

Brandon Browner was great on the play, the kid properly jumped the route...

But Russell Wilson stared down Lockette, and good god.... I played for years, coached for more years...what the HELL was Lockette doing with his hands ???? He wasn't going to catch that pass if he was wide open....go back and look at it.... Who catches a pass to your right and head high with your hands like that ???? if he reaches for the ball properly....he catches it in front of the kid.

Play call was awful....but the execution of the call that was played....was just as bad.

It's no different than calling the run to Lynch, and fumbling the snap.

They didn't execute.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see running play action and rolling out with Wilson... That gives him the option to run the ball or just throw it away if it's not there... But a slant route ? You gotta be effin kidding me... Your just asking for someone to jump the route and that's exactly what happened...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Boogie....

It was a bad play call, no question..... But we really need to break it down.

The Seahawks did not execute on this play.

The patriots did execute on the play.

If any of these things happened, the Seahawks would be world champions, bad play call or not.

Brandon Browner was great on the play, the kid properly jumped the route...

But Russell Wilson stared down Lockette, and good god.... I played for years, coached for more years...what the HELL was Lockette doing with his hands ???? He wasn't going to catch that pass if he was wide open....go back and look at it.... Who catches a pass to your right and head high with your hands like that ???? if he reaches for the ball properly....he catches it in front of the kid.

Play call was awful....but the execution of the call that was played....was just as bad.

It's no different than calling the run to Lynch, and fumbling the snap.

They didn't execute.

I hear ya.... But you still don't risk that play there... No reason ... You have the best short yardage back in the NFL... Use him...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya.... But you still don't risk that play there... No reason ... You have the best short yardage back in the NFL... Use him...

lol, he basically says the same thing as me and yet you 'hear' him and cuss at me. :L

Fun stuff.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I agree....but using Lynch, you still have to execute as well.... Is it less risky ??? Probably....but not guaranteed...like I said, what if Lynch coughed it up ?? What if a guard was half a heartbeat late, what if Wilson couldn't handle the snap ???

It's all about execution.

Seattle quite simply didn't execute, and New England did...

The play call isn't relevant in that matter.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree....but using Lynch, you still have to execute as well.... Is it less risky ??? Probably....but not guaranteed...like I said, what if Lynch coughed it up ?? What if a guard was half a heartbeat late, what if Wilson couldn't handle the snap ???

It's all about execution.

Seattle quite simply didn't execute, and New England did...

The play call isn't relevant in that matter.

Nothing is guaranteed .... But the odds are better using Lynch... I feel like we win if we do that... So it's gonna sting for a while... I just felt like we did the Pats a favor ...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: