• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Just Make Shit Up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn home opener is against durant. I may attend depending on if the heat play and who's on MNF that night

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG CHANGE BIG TIME AND THAT'S NOT MADE UP. Before they were calling him the best player ever in all of the NBA history which was really retarded.

Whether he's wearing Heat jersey or not, he's still by far the best player in the league.

Could he eventually be the best overall player of all time?
I'm still open to it.
Until he's finished playing, it's really a ridiculous discussion though.

I think all Heat fans have handled his arrival and departure in a very logical way.

Nobody has ever questioned his talent, but of course we are going to look for negatives vs positives depending on whether or not he is on our team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn home opener is against durant. I may attend depending on if the heat play and who's on MNF that night

Heat is supposed to be Oct 30 vs Wiz.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I read that but if the heat but the nets home opener is November 3rd as their first 2 are on the road

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was never any indication of dislike though. The butthurt is strong here for Heat fans. They weren't trashing him then like they are now.

I don't see too much problem with how Heat fans have reacted and most of their criticism of him is fair, imo.

For the most part, they have expressed appreciation for the what the team accomplished over the past 4 years and frustration/anger for how long he dragged things out and left Riley having to scramble to find replacement parts. They have criticized the way he left, not the fact that he left.

Having said that, I think that maybe they can now appreciate what many of us were talking about when we criticized him for the way he left the Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the big deal that we dislike him? Especially when you consider how classless he was in leaving considering that he ruined the heat free agency for the most part and had them sign a player who they wouldn't have signed

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see too much problem with how Heat fans have reacted and most of their criticism of him is fair, imo.

For the most part, they have expressed appreciation for the what the team accomplished over the past 4 years and frustration/anger for how long he dragged things out and left Riley having to scramble to find replacement parts. They have criticized the way he left, not the fact that he left.

Having said that, I think that maybe they can now appreciate what many of us were talking about when we criticized him for the way he left the Cavs.

At the time I said how stupid could Gilbert be to say he was blindsided. There was no communication with James from season end until he left.

Now, from what we have heard after the fact, Riley said his texts/emails didn't get replies from James.
Combine that with what Bosh said about the lunch they all had, and I say the same thing.

How could Riley have been blindsided?

And, if James knows he's leaving, why does he owe it to his FORMER team to tell them?

He certainly didn't want Riley to be able to go after Anthony and whoever else he may had targeted had he known for sure that James was leaving.

I agree that Riley was screwed because he HAD to wait until it was official, but I can't really be pissed at James about it because it was a good business move.

IMO, Bosh/Wade are the ones who most got screwed over and should be pissed (and I think they are), but we all should know by now that James is really only all about James.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time I said how stupid could Gilbert be to say he was blindsided. There was no communication with James from season end until he left.

Now, from what we have heard after the fact, Riley said his texts/emails didn't get replies from James.
Combine that with what Bosh said about the lunch they all had, and I say the same thing.

How could Riley have been blindsided?

And, if James knows he's leaving, why does he owe it to his FORMER team to tell them?

He certainly didn't want Riley to be able to go after Anthony and whoever else he may had targeted had he known for sure that James was leaving.

I agree that Riley was screwed because he HAD to wait until it was official, but I can't really be pissed at James about it because it was a good business move.

IMO, Bosh/Wade are the ones who most got screwed over and should be pissed (and I think they are), but we all should know by now that James is really only all about James.

You make some good points and if we were talking about a "regular job" in a "regular business", I would agree 100% that he owes his former employer nothing.

However, I look at sports franchises a little differently. I don't see Mickey Arison, Pat Riley and/or the Miami Heat as Lebron's employers. I see Miami Heat fans as Lebron's employers. After all, without Miami Heat fans, there is no Miami Heat. I feel that he does owe them for the support they have given him and the multiple millions of dollars that they have put in his pocket.

Clearly, just like in Cleveland, he was a free agent and well within his rights to sign with any team that would have him. I don't dispute that. But for him to drag it out like he did and put Riley behind the 8 ball, was wrong in my opinion, because he owed it to Heat fans to allow Riley time to execute a better plan.

I think Riley likely did "see the writing on the wall" so to speak when it came to Lebron not responding to his contact attempts. I think that's why Riley was able to salvage as much as he did and put together a fairly solid roster. I just wonder how much better that roster could have been if Lebron hadn't dragged this out for so long.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make some good points and if we were talking about a "regular job" in a "regular business", I would agree 100% that he owes his former employer nothing.

However, I look at sports franchises a little differently. I don't see Mickey Arison, Pat Riley and/or the Miami Heat as Lebron's employers. I see Miami Heat fans as Lebron's employers. After all, without Miami Heat fans, there is no Miami Heat. I feel that he does owe them for the support they have given him and the multiple millions of dollars that they have put in his pocket.

Clearly, just like in Cleveland, he was a free agent and well within his rights to sign with any team that would have him. I don't dispute that. But for him to drag it out like he did and put Riley behind the 8 ball, was wrong in my opinion, because he owed it to Heat fans to allow Riley time to execute a better plan.

I think Riley likely did "see the writing on the wall" so to speak when it came to Lebron not responding to his contact attempts. I think that's why Riley was able to salvage as much as he did and put together a fairly solid roster. I just wonder how much better that roster could have been if Lebron hadn't dragged this out for so long.

Of course. However, since 2010, James is all about looking for the easiest road as possible to hopeful championships.
Allowing Riley to have time to improve the team, as he probably could have, would have went against that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. However, since 2010, James is all about looking for the easiest road as possible to hopeful championships.
Allowing Riley to have time to improve the team, as he probably could have, would have went against that.

Very true.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Heat fans are so kind and caring - lets not criticize them for wanting their team to succeed

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Heat by the way are still title contenders - and likely to get to the Eastern Conference finals and being the first year with new guys on the block will most likely be in the finals - just saying

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnip giving thumbs down to posts? The butthurt is really strong with him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk about butt hurt :lol:

You're worried about someone disliking one of your posts?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just can't please some people - they get mad when I disagree with them and their feelings hurt, but then they get mad when I try to be nice to them.:noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't please some people - they get mad when I disagree with them and their feelings hurt, but then they get mad when I try to be nice to them.:noidea:

I take each person, and each post on an individual basis.

It's not about feelings, I don't feel for any stranger on a sports thread.

It's all about opinions, and often times peoples differ.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody better give me a thumbs down on my posts....I'm always right.

:whistle:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he's wearing Heat jersey or not, he's still by far the best player in the league.

Could he eventually be the best overall player of all time?
I'm still open to it.
Until he's finished playing, it's really a ridiculous discussion though.

I think all Heat fans have handled his arrival and departure in a very logical way.

Nobody has ever questioned his talent, but of course we are going to look for negatives vs positives depending on whether or not he is on our team.

I can go along with this, but some was saying he was the best ever and I'm sorry, but that's too big of a whopper(not from Burger King) to eat.

I seriously doubt he will finish as the best of all time, just not in his DNA.

Heat fans have been totally logical and nice people though - you are absolutely correct

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen a certain someone in a few days, think he bit the SH bullet.