• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's do this. Dak or Wentz as your QB moving forward

Dak or Wentz?

• Total voters

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that yesterday and then was saddened thinking, that if Wentz wasn't so brittle and played in the SB, Pats would have had 7 Lombardis

Why would the Patriots win if Wentz didn't tear his ACL? He was the best player in the league that season in the best team. Shit, Eagles probably would have dropped 50+ on the Patriots in the Super Bowl if Wentz was able to finish that year out.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Patriots win if Wentz didn't tear his ACL? He was the best player in the league that season in the best team. Shit, Eagles probably would have dropped 50+ on the Patriots in the Super Bowl if Wentz was able to finish that year out.

Wrong

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely retarded logic

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the "Eagle Maven"

Examining the NFC East: Quarterbacks

Ironically, Prescott is the only one in the group who wasn’t a high-level, first-round pick and he’s arguably been the best over Wentz with a nod to a cliche Chip Kelly likes to use - the best ability is availability.

In fact, in many ways, the overblown Wentz vs. Prescott debate is defined by cliches.

Since Prescott was forced into action as a rookie, he’s started 64 consecutive games, 67 if you count the postseason while Wentz, the more gifted player from a traits standpoint, has struggled with injuries, most notably the torn ACL and LCL that derailed his brilliant 2017 season and then the stress fracture in his back that shortened 2018 campaign.

Even that sentiment can be fickle, however, when you add in the context of situations. Prescott shouldn’t have played in what was essentially a de facto NFC East title game late last season with an AC Joint shoulder injury but the alternative was Cooper Rush so Prescott fought through the pain needing injections pre-game and at halftime.

From one perspective, it was admirable but the reality was that Prescott was a shell of himself, and Wentz was the far healthier and better option on one of the most important “Any Given Sundays” there has been in the rivalry.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, however, and it was Wentz heading to the sideline again in the playoffs due to a borderline Jadeveon Clowney hit and an ensuing concussion.

Which brings to mind another NFL cliche: "It’s not who you play, it’s when you play them.”

At the end of the day, both the Eagles and Cowboys feel very comfortable with their signal-callers when they are right.

As you might imagine as a former No. 2 overall pick Wentz is the more gifted traditional QB with better accuracy and anticipatory throwing skills. Prescott is a more modern player who is often better off-schedule or when extending the play and throwing to open receivers rather than spots.

Which brings us to another cliche that is one of Howie Roseman’s favorites: “What flavor do you like?”

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the "Eagle Maven"

Ironically, Prescott is the only one in the group who wasn’t a high-level, first-round pick and he’s arguably been the best over Wentz with a nod to a cliche Chip Kelly likes to use - the best ability is availability.

In fact, in many ways, the overblown Wentz vs. Prescott debate is defined by cliches.

Since Prescott was forced into action as a rookie, he’s started 64 consecutive games, 67 if you count the postseason while Wentz, the more gifted player from a traits standpoint, has struggled with injuries, most notably the torn ACL and LCL that derailed his brilliant 2017 season and then the stress fracture in his back that shortened 2018 campaign.

Even that sentiment can be fickle, however, when you add in the context of situations. Prescott shouldn’t have played in what was essentially a de facto NFC East title game late last season with an AC Joint shoulder injury but the alternative was Cooper Rush so Prescott fought through the pain needing injections pre-game and at halftime.

From one perspective, it was admirable but the reality was that Prescott was a shell of himself, and Wentz was the far healthier and better option on one of the most important “Any Given Sundays” there has been in the rivalry.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, however, and it was Wentz heading to the sideline again in the playoffs due to a borderline Jadeveon Clowney hit and an ensuing concussion.

Which brings to mind another NFL cliche: "It’s not who you play, it’s when you play them.”

At the end of the day, both the Eagles and Cowboys feel very comfortable with their signal-callers when they are right.

As you might imagine as a former No. 2 overall pick Wentz is the more gifted traditional QB with better accuracy and anticipatory throwing skills. Prescott is a more modern player who is often better off-schedule or when extending the play and throwing to open receivers rather than spots.

Which brings us to another cliche that is one of Howie Roseman’s favorites: “What flavor do you like?”

Agree with most, but I can easily dispute the bolded.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most, but I can easily dispute the bolded.
well I think the gifted part was true, but not the accuracy.
From the "Eagle Maven"

Brother you are on a roll! :thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Aikman feels pretty strongly about this :heh:

“I’ve said before, I don’t know if I’ve said it to you guys, I love Dak Prescott. I love everything about him. What Mike came onto this show talking about with regards to me, I feel the same way about Dak. I think he’s a very unselfish player. I wouldn’t say that about everybody. He only wants to win. He truly does not care about his stats. He just wants to win. He’s a great leader. His teammates love him. He's not like that pussy Carson Wentz who hurts his vagina every other week and who needed Foles to bail his brittle ass out and whose teammates hate him and pray for the day that God strikes him dead so they can be done with his selfish attitude and inability to perform or even be available in a big spot”
“I saw Sean Lee the other day out here in Santa Barbara, we got to talking about Dak. And I said ‘Is there something I’m missing about this guy? Cause I love him.’ And Sean’s a huge fan as well and everybody in that locker room is. I would pay him. He will get paid. I’m not saying anything the Cowboys don’t already know. They will pay him. He’s going to make a lot of money. And I think he’s going to be the quarterback for the Cowboys for a long, long time and continue to have a great career.”