• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's all take a minute to LOL @ the Mets

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets and Reds tied at 1 in the 9th. If they lose this one and lose a series to Cincy it's going to be raining Met fans in NYC

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets lose 2 out of 3 to the Reds :sherm:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they batted out of order.. in the first inning.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they batted out of order.. in the first inning.

Yep. You know you screwed up in a ballgame when it's reported on every news website before the inning is over.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe go as far as De Grom or Noah, who would bring back enough to reload that entire organization

But Syndergaard was brought in during the LAST rebuild, which wasn't even that long ago.

Also, fuckoff, you had a chance to sign a Mets starter last weekend, but you let him go to Cincy

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you guys hear? Something something batting order something

I know I shouldn't bother, seeing as how BB=D2M, but you guys oughta be ashamed a yerselves for picking on the kid in the wheelchair

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Syndergaard was brought in during the LAST rebuild, which wasn't even that long ago.

Also, fuckoff, you had a chance to sign a Mets starter last weekend, but you let him go to Cincy

Keep Syndergaard. He's never beat the Braves.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think it was possible to top Gabe Kapler making a call to the bullpen when he had no reliever warming up, but this tops it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Mets is once you get past Syndergaard and deGrom, their rotation is pretty underwhelming.

Their lineup has potential, but the first word that comes to mind when reading their lineup is "old".

Adrian Gonzalez
Asdrubal Cabrera
Todd Frazier
Jose Reyes
Jay Bruce
Yoenis Cespedes

All are/are capable of being productive players, but I see a lot of power, but not a lot of on base. When they're clicking, they are a dangerous bunch, but when they're in a power drought, it can be dreadful to watch.

They need to get younger at any rate.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wilpons are clueless and the Mets will only get better when they no longer own the team.....

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wilpons are clueless and the Mets will only get better when they no longer own the team.....

In that case, May the Wilpons forever own the Mets

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Mets is once you get past Syndergaard and deGrom, their rotation is pretty underwhelming.

Their lineup has potential, but the first word that comes to mind when reading their lineup is "old".

Adrian Gonzalez
Asdrubal Cabrera
Todd Frazier
Jose Reyes
Jay Bruce
Yoenis Cespedes

All are/are capable of being productive players, but I see a lot of power, but not a lot of on base. When they're clicking, they are a dangerous bunch, but when they're in a power drought, it can be dreadful to watch.

They need to get younger at any rate.
Damnit, fucking lose asshole. I fucking hate the Rays.

You think us and you guys will stick around and compete this year? I honestly do. We have two good, really young rosters. I only saw Acuna when the Braves were in Philly, but the dude physically looks like Cespedes or a shorter Frank Thomas. I don’t think he’ll maintain his 160 wRC+ (this year), but I think he’ll finish around 135 or 140. His addition makes your lineup one of the best in the NL. You’re 2nd in the NL in runs scored, 6th in all of baseball.

I think we’ll be good too. It’s way too soon, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Philly, Atlanta, and Washington all make the playoffs, with one obviously winning the division and the other two getting the WC spots

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit, fucking lose asshole. I fucking hate the Rays.

You think us and you guys will stick around and compete this year? I honestly do. We have two good, really young rosters. I only saw Acuna when the Braves were in Philly, but the dude physically looks like Cespedes or a shorter Frank Thomas. I don’t think he’ll maintain his 160 wRC+ (this year), but I think he’ll finish around 135 or 140. His addition makes your lineup one of the best in the NL. You’re 2nd in the NL in runs scored, 6th in all of baseball.

I think we’ll be good too. It’s way too soon, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Philly, Atlanta, and Washington all make the playoffs, with one obviously winning the division and the other two getting the WC spots

When I look at both rosters, I think the potential is there for both to be contenders at the end of the year.

Our rotation has turned out to be a strength so far with Newcomb really coming into his own and Teheran having a bounce back season so far.

I'd like our chances more if we could acquire a good bullpen arm. There's 4 guys in the pen that I have a decent amount of confidence in, but the rest are pretty shaky at best.

I think yall have a lot of potential. Key pieces of your lineup haven't even started hitting yet, and they're gonna get hot eventually.

At the end of the day, I really don't know where we'll end up. The team definitely has a different feel to it than in years past. I mean, we're a legitimately exciting team to watch, and that hasn't been the case in recent years. I'm enjoying the good play while it lasts, and hopefully we'll still be there at the end.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gsellman and Lugo appear to be pretty good relievers.
I can't say much else about their pitching.
Mets beat arguably the worst veteran pitcher in the league -- Homer Bailey -- and didn't make much of a racket after that.
I don't see them as much more than a 75-win team.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob deGrom throws 7 innings of 1 run ball. His team didn't get a hit until the top of the 7th.

For my money, the Mets have the worst active roster in the Majors right now. Their lineup is old, and with Cespedes out, there's not a batter in there that scares you.

And with Syndergaard on the DL, deGrom is their only starter even worth mentioning, and their bullpen might be the worst in baseball.

I mean, at least the Reds have Votto and a couple of nice pieces and the Marlins have Realmuto and a couple of young players that I think will be good(their right fielder, Anderson for one).

And to top it off, the Mets farm system is one of the worst in the Majors.

LOL @ the Mets.