• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let’s go get the Baker!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His presser after was good. He was very humble so let’s hope he stays like that. He’s in a good spot to hit the reset button
Always thought the notion of teammates not liking him and him being a cancer was way overblown. I mean, they sure seemed to like him in 2020 and there was no concerns of locker room issues until season fell apart in 2021. almost like winning promotes a better locker room and not the other way around.

Should add he does deserve some blame for issues based on some comments he had made.

could it go sideways again? Sure...if they lose games, and without some weapons back they likely will.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its also a spot where the coach wanted to go out & get him. Not a front office move, but the Head coach. He's not dealing with new Head coaches or interim head coaches, but a coaching staff that is established. That will be a 1st for his career.
Also true....though I wouldn't say Stefanski did not want him for sure he was not here when we acquired him (and eventually might not have cared for him).

Heard a story recently that Baker took a long flight and sat next to Payton. I believe TO the combine. Talked football the entire time and Payton fell in love with the kid.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought the notion of teammates not liking him and him being a cancer was way overblown. I mean, they sure seemed to like him in 2020 and there was no concerns of locker room issues until season fell apart in 2021. almost like winning promotes a better locker room and not the other way around.

Should add he does deserve some blame for issues based on some comments he had made.

could it go sideways again? Sure...if they lose games, and without some weapons back they likely will.

Baker was way too cocky and that usually results in being humbled. You can see he’s been humbled but let’s not act like he was very likeable his first few years in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker was way too cocky and that usually results in being humbled. You can see he’s been humbled but let’s not act like he was very likeable his first few years in the league.
No for sure there were times he was not likeable. I really wanted him to just shut up and play before and during 2019. Never should have made the comments he did about Duke and his contract of Garrett and hitting Rudolph (latter at least not publicly).

thought he grew up in 2020 as he played well and said the right things. But 2021 happened.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him being humbled just might be the best thing for him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys want odds on this humble thing?

Nah that’s on Baker. At least now he’s not the big dawg on campus like with Odell.

Jalen is the diva on that team and He will let them know if they aren’t doing what they should be doin

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah that’s on Baker. At least now he’s not the big dawg on campus like with Odell.

Jalen is the diva on that team and He will let them know if they aren’t doing what they should be doin
well...since this season is gone for the defending champs, I don't see Mayfield taking a meaningful team snap in LA. I don't think he's as good as Goff, but I'm sure that's just me. We know what coach thought of Goff after being in the system...maybe Mayfield is more his kinda guy. LOL

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...since this season is gone for the defending champs, I don't see Mayfield taking a meaningful team snap in LA. I don't think he's as good as Goff, but I'm sure that's just me. We know what coach thought of Goff after being in the system...maybe Mayfield is more his kinda guy. LOL

Different QB for sure but Baker has some wheels and fire, along with a good arm. Goff has a good arm that’s it imo. His coach is perfect for him tho and his Oline is really good. But I’m selling high on Goff if I’m the Lions. The better defenses will eat his lunch

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different QB for sure but Baker has some wheels and fire, along with a good arm. Goff has a good arm that’s it imo. His coach is perfect for him tho and his Oline is really good. But I’m selling high on Goff if I’m the Lions. The better defenses will eat his lunch
Pretty ironic that the Lions have a better record than the Rams right now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayfield is the guy you hate unless he's on your team. And then he has this odd way of endearing himself.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty ironic that the Lions have a better record than the Rams right now.

Not really. We got a ring and The Lions are the Tampa Bay Rays of football but they haven’t done squat with all those pics. About time they do something and they have a great Oline. Has to be that way too because Goff has to have it

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you've said many times.
You & McVay, Goff haters. Pretty funny, you know, Mayfield and all.

Time will tell this tale