• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Les Miles currently has the 2nd best recruiting class

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I'm not convinced the Big 12 is on that much of an upswing. Not that the conference is bad per se, but they need to win more OOC games and get a CFP win IMHO.

Do not get me wrong, I am not saying they will be the SEC of years ago but, I think that the schools who picked new coaches recently were smart in their choices and did so better better than other conferences. For example, The SEC a couple years ago just recycled coaches already in the conference and in my opinion the SEC hurt itself as a conference doing so.

Time will tell but, I think after a couple years when these coaches get settled the Big XII is going to be in a better place.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just being a smart ass.

...me too. :suds:

If you guys can squeeze by Houston Baptist I will change one of my banners to UTEP for the Texas Tech week. You'll probably need the moral support.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...me too. :suds:

If you guys can squeeze by Houston Baptist I will change one of my banners to UTEP for the Texas Tech week. You'll probably need the moral support.
Hell yeah...we'll take all the fans we can get. How about if we win three games you change one of the banners until next season?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah...we'll take all the fans we can get. How about if we win three games you change one of the banners until next season?

Let's not get carried away now...make it 4. 3 is your O/U and I want to root for a winner.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Big12 football..

Also, 3 pages deep on a KU football thread.

Les is already a success boys..

Maybe he plans on doing what Oklahoma, West Virginia & Texas Tech have been doing in recent years & import a QB from another P-5 team.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he plans on doing what Oklahoma, West Virginia & Texas Tech have been doing in recent years & import a QB from another P-5 team.
Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I do believe Texas Tech "exported" QBs...at least during Coach GQs tenure.

Hell, he exported Stidham before he ever got to Lubbock.
That or Artie boy made Stidham an offer he just couldn't refuse.:puzzled:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, nab a former 4-5 star recruit who’s not happy backing up at a blue blood and mix him in with the Johnny 3 stars who have been developing in your program and you have a good chance at having a good team and in some cases put you in win a championship now mode, depends on the situation.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I do believe Texas Tech "exported" QBs...at least during Coach GQs tenure.

Hell, he exported Stidham before he ever got to Lubbock.
That or Artie boy made Stidham an offer he just couldn't refuse.:puzzled:

Tech was in the import/export business, if I remember correctly. Imported a QB from Texas A&M and exported a QB to Oklahoma. Might have been more of both. They move around so fast these days, sometimes its hard to keep track.

Didn't Stidham come to Auburn from Baylor?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech was in the import/export business, if I remember correctly. Imported a QB from Texas A&M and exported a QB to Oklahoma. Might have been more of both. They move around so fast these days, sometimes its hard to keep track.

Didn't Stidham come to Auburn from Baylor?
Don't think a QB went to Tech from A&M but I'm old and my forgetterer is better than my rememberer. You may be thinking Manziel since Coach GQ was at A&M when he had the magical season.

I know Mayfield went from Tech to OU and Davis Webb went to Cal from Tech...all around the same time. And, IIRC, most of that happened around the time Mahomes decided he was going to Tech. Someone wasn't going to have a seat when the music stopped.

And yes, you are correct. Stidham went to Aubie from Baylor. But, he was committed to Tech for a long time until Artie boy "lured" him to the Bible Aggies at the last minute.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not get me wrong, I am not saying they will be the SEC of years ago but, I think that the schools who picked new coaches recently were smart in their choices and did so better better than other conferences. For example, The SEC a couple years ago just recycled coaches already in the conference and in my opinion the SEC hurt itself as a conference doing so.

Time will tell but, I think after a couple years when these coaches get settled the Big XII is going to be in a better place.
Agree, if I am not mistaken as we sit now, Matt Campbell is the only HC in the conference that hasn't had a 10 win season as a HC.
Granted some did it at lower levels but regardless, the conference is loaded with coaches that know how to win ball games.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The important thing here is you gave it your best shot.

...and like the Longhorns best shot, it was kind of lame and lacked an semblance of quality control. Unlike the Longhorns, I will be able to recover from this setback and get more than 8 wins this season.