• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Les Miles currently has the 2nd best recruiting class

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting that Kansas is not a powerhouse. Why would a coach with a NC like Les Miles take a job at a program that was not a powerhouse, you must be mistaken.

It’s the only one that would hire him? :noidea:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably been 5 years ago but Kansas had the number one class super early with at least one 5 star and a couple of 4s. It took about a month for it to fall apart and I don't even think they got to 25 recruits that year.

Smoke and mirrors.

I’m pretty sure it was 2 years ago. They had 2 or 3 4 star commits from Louisiana and they all bailed.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Big12 football..

Also, 3 pages deep on a KU football thread.

Les is already a success boys..
Hell yeah. Even though he didn't win it while in the Big 12, Les IS the only current Big 12 coach that has a natty. Ergo he is automatically the best coach in the conference.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Big12 football..

Also, 3 pages deep on a KU football thread.

Les is already a success boys..

Next thing you know, we will actually have a Kansas poster in here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, this wasn’t a joke thread. Les is recruiting well right now.
Yes, it looks like he is doing a pretty job for his 1st year. . One of the posters mentioned six WRs. so he should be able to get a good 3* or a lower rated 4* QB. He is recruiting for a Big 12 type offense, wide open passing game. A big difference than trying to get a good QB for LSU, a traditional run-happy offense. These young guns don't want to spend a college career handing the ball to a RB/FB like they do at LSU. He should be able to get the good QB he needs.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next thing you know, we will actually have a Kansas poster in here.
And just what the hell is wrong with posters that are fans of shitty teams?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Les has a chance to have success once he gets some big boys in. He's going with the Stanford approach. Everyone is spread, I’ll create mismatches by going power. If we are defining Kansas as having success as a Bowl Game or a 7 win season, I do think he can get the job done given a few years.

That worked okay with LSU talent. He won’t be playing with LSU talent.

It will look like one of the bad versions of Iowa going 4-8.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just what the hell is wrong with posters that are fans of shitty teams?

Absolutely nothing, I was lamenting the fact that there are not more of them, and that some of our posters have to suffer in solitude.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, he's good enough to get it done in two

We shall see, the Big XII has changed since he coached in it. He is an exoerienced, to be sure, coach but I think he got in at the wrong time. In my opinion the Big XII is on the rise in quality teams and coaching.

Oklahoma - Lincoln Riley (accomplishments speak for themselves).
Texas - Tom Herman (has done well where others have failed). Meh is Tejas.
Baylor - Matt Rhule (doing good things with the wreck he was left).
Iowa State - Matt Campbell (lifted his program).
Kansas State - Chris Klieman (a good FCS pedigree we will see if it translates).
Texas Tech - Matt Wells (again success at a lower level we will see how it translates).
West Virginia - Neal Brown ( again, success at a lower level and will see how it translates).
Those are the best and most recent coaching changes and I think it bodes well for the conference in raw competitiveness.

Okie st and TCU have established coaching.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it looks like he is doing a pretty job for his 1st year. . One of the posters mentioned six WRs. so he should be able to get a good 3* or a lower rated 4* QB. He is recruiting for a Big 12 type offense, wide open passing game. A big difference than trying to get a good QB for LSU, a traditional run-happy offense. These young guns don't want to spend a college career handing the ball to a RB/FB like they do at LSU. He should be able to get the good QB he needs.

I agree plus he has a ton a good JUCO colleges near him. There is definitely if nothing else a serviceable we that can get the job done.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely nothing, I was lamenting the fact that there are not more of them, and that some of our posters have to suffer in solitude.
I was just being a smart ass.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see, the Big XII has changed since he coached in it. He is an exoerienced, to be sure, coach but I think he got in at the wrong time. In my opinion the Big XII is on the rise in quality teams and coaching.

Oklahoma - Lincoln Riley (accomplishments speak for themselves).
Texas - Tom Herman (has done well where others have failed). Meh is Tejas.
Baylor - Matt Rhule (doing good things with the wreck he was left).
Iowa State - Matt Campbell (lifted his program).
Kansas State - Chris Klieman (a good FCS pedigree we will see if it translates).
Texas Tech - Matt Wells (again success at a lower level we will see how it translates).
West Virginia - Neal Brown ( again, success at a lower level and will see how it translates).
Those are the best and most recent coaching changes and I think it bodes well for the conference in raw competitiveness.

Okie st and TCU have established coaching.
I was being sarcastic with my quote. I'm not convinced Miles is that good of a coach...when the talent level is equal. Hell, he's lost many games where he had MORE talent than the opponents.

That said, I'm not convinced the Big 12 is on that much of an upswing. Not that the conference is bad per se, but they need to win more OOC games and get a CFP win IMHO.