• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeNoPlayoffs is already shutting it down this year. LOL

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And KD needed to be surrounded by Steph/Klay/Dray @ his peak to win anything. That's different though right? Troll on dorian, it's all you ever do anyway.

KD will finish with more rings than Lebron.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it'll be a carbon copy. With all the money the Lakers have to spend they'll upgrade the roster this summer.
Not as sure as I once was they would, but still agree with this.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, when Lebron returned to Cleveland, they already had Kyrie playing at an all star level and the trade for Love was in the works before he signed.

The Lakers didn't have anyone playing at an all star level and didn't really have the assets other than kids with some potential and some future draft picks, that with the addition of Lebron, weren't expected to be worth much as they would likely be last first rounders.

Once they didn't get a 2nd max guy, there was no contending this season unless they pulled off a blockbuster trade.

So, we're not exactly talking about an apples to apples situation.

Which is why Lebron signing in LA made no sense. He should have signed a 1 year deal with houston or philly. He would be on more than likely the best team in the league, looking forward to another finals trip. If they win stick around or join LA next year if you don't in a much better situation

LA meanwhile could have kept developing talent and young guys. It's very bizarre

My only thinking is Magic sold him on getting another star this year once he signed, or he figured since he did so well in Cle and Mia he could get any team to the finals or at least the playoffs, no matter who was on it...I think it was a little of both, and both proved to be false. He basically ruined his legacy or put it this way made it much worse than it should have been, and if they don't get anyone next year...watch out, the drama will just be starting lol

The only weird thing is Lebron said how much he loved the young guys and wanted to develop them, yet as soon as the trade deadline came he tried to have them all traded, similar to what he did in Cle

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why Lebron signing in LA made no sense. He should have signed a 1 year deal with houston or philly. He would be on more than likely the best team in the league, looking forward to another finals trip. If they win stick around or join LA next year if you don't in a much better situation

LA meanwhile could have kept developing talent and young guys. It's very bizarre

I agree. I was as shocked as anyone. That's why I don't give Wiggy much shit about being wrong on that. I was just as convinced as he was that Lebron wasn't coming without another star.

The only real basketball reason that I can think of, and I said this back when we were all speculating about what he was going to do, is to enhance his legacy.

He knows that the best he can likely hope for as far as rings is maybe catching Kobe and Magic. He also knows that it's unlikely he can catch MJ.

But, if he can restore a storied franchise like the Lakers to contender status, let alone win a ring...that will be something he accomplished that MJ didn't.

Imo, not getting the Lakers back to contender status wouldn't hurt his legacy nearly as much as making them contenders again would help it.

My only thinking is Magic sold him on getting another star this year once he signed, or he figured since he did so well in Cle and Mia he could get any team to the finals or at least the playoffs, no matter who was on it...I think it was a little of both, and both proved to be false. He basically ruined his legacy or put it this way made it much worse than it should have been, and if they don't get anyone next year...watch out, the drama will just be starting lol

I think they sold each other that another star is coming. I think Lebron assumes he can recruit someone else and Magic can help him close the deal.

I think Magic assumes the same.

The only weird thing is Lebron said how much he loved the young guys and wanted to develop them, yet as soon as the trade deadline came he tried to have them all traded, similar to what he did in Cle

Yep, I have to give Wiggy some credit on that one. He was wrong when he said that the young guys would start being shipped out before they had their first practice. Except for Zubac, they are all still there.

But he was right in the sense that he sure as fuck tried to ship them out as soon as things got tough.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh quit with the age nonsense. He also needed to be surrounded by Bosh/Wade/Allen and a host of 3 point sharpshooters at his peak to even win anything.

Hell Kobe/MJ were either winning Finals or reaching the playoffs at 34.

This season has shown he is a FRAUD. A pretender to the throne of the NBA's elites

It’s sad you have to stoop to such antics to feel better about your life which I’m sure is a very, very, mediocre at best. Anybody who takes cheap shots at individuals who’ve accomplished as much as an athlete like Lebron has obvious short comings in their own personal life. There’s not a single pier of Lebron’s who share your sentiment. My suggestion is doing something to turn your life around rather than projecting like you’re here.

Good luck.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I was as shocked as anyone. That's why I don't give Wiggy much shit about being wrong on that. I was just as convinced as he was that Lebron wasn't coming without another star.

The only real basketball reason that I can think of, and I said this back when we were all speculating about what he was going to do, is to enhance his legacy.

He knows that the best he can likely hope for as far as rings is maybe catching Kobe and Magic. He also knows that it's unlikely he can catch MJ.

But, if he can restore a storied franchise like the Lakers to contender status, let alone win a ring...that will be something he accomplished that MJ didn't.

Imo, not getting the Lakers back to contender status wouldn't hurt his legacy nearly as much as making them contenders again would help it.

I think they sold each other that another star is coming. I think Lebron assumes he can recruit someone else and Magic can help him close the deal.

I think Magic assumes the same.

Yep, I have to give Wiggy some credit on that one. He was wrong when he said that the young guys would start being shipped out before they had their first practice. Except for Zubac, they are all still there.

But he was right in the sense that he sure as fuck tried to ship them out as soon as things got tough.

No. He wasn't right at all.

Big difference between "trying to ship them all out".

And offering them all for a superstar.

It isn't like they tried to go deal Their young players for a band aid like Kevin Love.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He wasn't right at all.

Big difference between "trying to ship them all out".

And offering them all for a superstar.

It isn't like they tried to go deal Their young players for a band aid like Kevin Love.

Kevin Love helped them win a championship, most people consider guys who put up 25 and 15 a superstar on nearly 40% from 3 for a 7 footer...

AD and KL have very similar stats, and KL points and usage has been much lower these last 4 years because he was on a team with Lebron...Also, a better 3 point shooting makes him a better fit with lebron

I guess we have different definitions of a band aid

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love helped them win a championship, most people consider guys who put up 25 and 15 a superstar on nearly 40% from 3 for a 7 footer...

AD and KL have very similar stats, and KL points and usage has been much lower these last 4 years because he was on a team with Lebron...Also, a better 3 point shooting makes him a better fit with lebron

I guess we have different definitions of a band aid

I don't think he meant that KL was a band aid when he went to Cleveland. He would be now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he meant that KL was a band aid when he went to Cleveland. He would be now.
Maybe, but a healthy KL is still one of the better players to pair with Lebron. The best (as I once thought)? Nope.

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s sad you have to stoop to such antics to feel better about your life which I’m sure is a very, very, mediocre at best. Anybody who takes cheap shots at individuals who’ve accomplished as much as an athlete like Lebron has obvious short comings in their own personal life. There’s not a single pier of Lebron’s who share your sentiment. My suggestion is doing something to turn your life around rather than projecting like you’re here.

Good luck.
Not even the Santa Monica pier?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think KD's going to win rings after jumping ship this summer? They'll likely be tied after this season.

With Lebron not adding to his total, I like KD's chances of getting another ring in the next 5 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lebron not adding to his total, I like KD's chances of getting another ring in the next 5 years.

It all depends on where he goes. The rings he does have all came on the backs of the already champion Warriors. The odds of him building a team up to win a ring aren't strong IMO, unless he joins an established contending team again (which would make no sense, might as well stay with the Warriors instead). If he stays with the Warriors, he will definitely pass Lebron IMO.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on where he goes. The rings he does have all came on the backs of the already champion Warriors. The odds of him building a team up to win a ring aren't strong IMO, unless he joins an established contending team again (which would make no sense, might as well stay with the Warriors instead). If he stays with the Warriors, he will definitely pass Lebron IMO.

Using that logic, the only legit ring Lebron has is 2016.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

totally.

LeBron kept his flexibility open by signing short deals to precisely prevent what happened to him this year- signing with a team that was not good where he wasted a year of his prime.

LeBron James and the Lakers just totally squandered, wasted, blew, maybe the last year LeBron James was the best player in the NBA.

thats fucked up.

Its why I said- and bet- that there was no way that LeBron was going to LA without another star. I just could not believe that he would waste a year of his prime like he did- that he just threw away maybe the last year of his career as the best player alive. It boggles my mind, still, to this day, that he just totally wasted a year of his prime like that- ESPECIALLY when he had plenty of options.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah...

Imagine if LA had one more year to develop kids, one more year to get the Deng contract off the books, one more year to get Mozgov either off the books or swallow one more year of his contract so such a valuable asset was not wasted dealing, one more year of getting a lotto pick for the Lakers, one more year of Walton getting comfortable in his job, one more year of Magic and Pelinka learning on the job, one more year of Jeanie Buss getting her shit together (because the line of bullshit she tried to get people to swallow about "fake news" was amatuerish BS at BEST)....

LeBron could have won a ship in Houston if he went there for a year- or maybe Philly

the Lakers would have benefited by having one more year to gather assets and develop the kids

or just stay in Cleveland for one more year.....

I think in the end it just came down to his family and his business. LeBron wanted to be in LA for his kids high school years and for his business opportunities and basketball just was not the most important thing for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using that logic, the only legit ring Lebron has is 2016.

I'm not stating anything about legitimacy; that's your own hangup. I'm using probability based on his history. Durant's only rings have come with the already loaded Warriors. Based on his pre-Warriors history, I wouldn't project a high probability for future rings if he tries to start over with a blank slate elsewhere.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not stating anything about legitimacy; that's your own hangup. I'm using probability based on his history. Durant's only rings have come with the already loaded Warriors. Based on his pre-Warriors history, I wouldn't project a high probability for future rings if he tries to start over with a blank slate elsewhere.
I wouldn't either....though I'd say the same of every player as tough to win a title.