• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron's "patience is running thin"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aw what's wrong lebron? gotta work for it now? don't have that prebuilt easy ring team you thought you'd have?:gaah:

Don't worry LeFraud.. We know you'll have a superteam in LA next year.

"You probably don't want to be around when my patience runs out"

. ROFLMAO. Whats he gonna do? FLOP? We know he can't fight
will he though?

the "old guard" NBA guys loved playing with LeBron.

Not sure the "new guard" level all stars want to be caught up in that- its a no-win situation to a certain extent- LeBron gets all the credit when you win, and very rarely shoulders any of the blame when you lose. Its always LeBron's show- you have to tailor your game to him instead of the other way around.

The upside obviously is possibly being on a title contender in LA- which is awfully attractive.

IT will be interesting to see what they do.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone actually watch the games? through the first quarter the lakers are playing great, defense sucks tho lol, im still feeling like they need to work out the offense, there is so much skill on this roster

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he hurry up and throw a fit where the result is the Lakers actually go get a front court defender? I mean it isn't hard to see what their problem is. They are overextending a career back up center as literally their only front court player and expecting their defense to be good. McGee can't be the only guy out there. Kuzma, for all his talent on offense, is not good defensively at this point in his young career and definitely can't be a 5. You're wasting Lebron's talent if you're forcing him into a small ball center role as well (which also takes him away from guarding better players). They could really use someone like Taj Gibson or a James Johnson type player. Or instead bringing in knuckleheads in the offseason that you don't really need (Rondo, Stephensen, Beasley) because their skills are replicated elsewhere by better younger players, take a gamble on a player like Nerlens Noel.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"its all a part of growing as a new team learning each other's strengths and weaknesses" luke walton

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even remotely concerned, they played great, thy still finding themselves and this is to be xpected. A couple shots, free throws, we have a damn near even record.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone actually watch the games? through the first quarter the lakers are playing great, defense sucks tho lol, im still feeling like they need to work out the offense, there is so much skill on this roster

They have a terrible roster to put around Lebron. He draws defenders with him and is at his best finding teammates for open looks. LA doesn’t have any shooters on the outside for him to kick it out to.

I’d be surprised if this Laker team even makes the playoffs in the West.

Truthfully, I hope LAL isn’t able to sign any max deals with the top FA next year and James is stuck in LA as a middling team. Paul George already decided he was staying in OKC. I hope Kawhi decides to stay in Toronto. Klay and Durant have it made in GSW, why leave.

Maybe he can get his boy Carmelo to join him in LA. No one plays defense anyways — at least he could hoist up 3’s for them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he hurry up and throw a fit where the result is the Lakers actually go get a front court defender? I mean it isn't hard to see what their problem is. They are overextending a career back up center as literally their only front court player and expecting their defense to be good. McGee can't be the only guy out there. Kuzma, for all his talent on offense, is not good defensively at this point in his young career and definitely can't be a 5. You're wasting Lebron's talent if you're forcing him into a small ball center role as well (which also takes him away from guarding better players). They could really use someone like Taj Gibson or a James Johnson type player. Or instead bringing in knuckleheads in the offseason that you don't really need (Rondo, Stephensen, Beasley) because their skills are replicated elsewhere by better younger players, take a gamble on a player like Nerlens Noel.
totally agree.

i said it in the offseason- i think i ieven said what you said and suggested a guy like Taj Gibson.

Just some kind of veteran player that knows what he is doing, is tough and can rebound and is 6'10" or taller. I wouldnt think it would be too hard to find a guy like that around the league.

the problem is they dont want anyone on the payroll that will have money due next year- so it would have to be a 1 year guy and that limits them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a terrible roster to put around Lebron. He draws defenders with him and is at his best finding teammates for open looks. LA doesn’t have any shooters on the outside for him to kick it out to.

I’d be surprised if this Laker team even makes the playoffs in the West.

Truthfully, I hope LAL isn’t able to sign any max deals with the top FA next year and James is stuck in LA as a middling team. Paul George already decided he was staying in OKC. I hope Kawhi decides to stay in Toronto. Klay and Durant have it made in GSW, why leave.

Maybe he can get his boy Carmelo to join him in LA. No one plays defense anyways — at least he could hoist up 3’s for them.
what i have been saying all along. They are not taking advantage of what makes LeBron so great- his ability to collapse a defense and find a shooter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't catch the exact quote, but he did say something to that effect after the game yesterday.

I'm sure they are all frustrated to some point. They are 2-5 and every one of those losses came as the result of poor execution late in games and guys hitting some ridiculous shots.

A break here and there or some better execution down the stretch an they could be 5-2 or 7-0.

It's nice to be in games late, but you don't get credit for moral victories.

Some of that poor execution was on Lebron, so....

Missed free throws, a dribble out the clock and heave last shot, etc.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have no idea the talent and skill on this team

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even remotely concerned, they played great, thy still finding themselves and this is to be xpected. A couple shots, free throws, we have a damn near even record.

A couple things for concern.
1. Defense
2. no bigs other than Mcgee and a rookie so rebounding
3. Lebron thrives with great shooters. Zero on the team.

Knew most of this coming into the season but scoring 122 ppg (3rd in the league) and 2-5...uhh yeah

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things for concern.
1. Defense
2. no bigs other than Mcgee and a rookie so rebounding
3. Lebron thrives with great shooters. Zero on the team.

Knew most of this coming into the season but scoring 122 ppg (3rd in the league) and 2-5...uhh yeah
one of their biggest mistakes was giving Beasley the contract they should have given Lopez.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will he though?

the "old guard" NBA guys loved playing with LeBron.

Not sure the "new guard" level all stars want to be caught up in that- its a no-win situation to a certain extent- LeBron gets all the credit when you win, and very rarely shoulders any of the blame when you lose. Its always LeBron's show- you have to tailor your game to him instead of the other way around.

The upside obviously is possibly being on a title contender in LA- which is awfully attractive.

IT will be interesting to see what they do.

Well.. I don't too many "superstars" wanting to compete these days. I only see them wanting to join forces and get "easy 'ships" . On the downside of playing with the Lakers, Lebron is showing to be in heavy decline and not playing ANY defense at all so maybe that will push young superstars away.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of their biggest mistakes was giving Beasley the contract they should have given Lopez.

Yeah, tend to agree, even though I like Beasley. I agreed with not signing Lopez at the time because he just isn't fast or athletic enough to play at the pace they want to play at.

That's still true, but he would help as someone who can bang a little on defense, grab a few rebounds and is serviceable from 3. He wouldn't help a lot. But he would help more than Beasley has so far.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. I don't too many "superstars" wanting to compete these days. I only see them wanting to join forces and get "easy 'ships" . On the downside of playing with the Lakers, Lebron is showing to be in heavy decline and not playing ANY defense at all so maybe that will push young superstars away.
In LeBron's defense (no pun intended), he hasnt played a whole helluva lot of defense in the regular season for the past couple years.

If he has to go balls to the wall on both ends in October and November- that is a bad sign all things considered.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny to see Magic panicking already. Geez, relax Magic if you think this team is ready to contend now, then you might as well resign from your job.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny to see Magic panicking already. Geez, relax Magic if you think this team is ready to contend now, then you might as well resign from your job.

lol @"panicking".

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to the Lakers to "rebuild" them.

9 games into the season without playing alongside All-Stars and LeBron is realizing this is harder than he thought.