• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron's "patience is running thin"

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has turned into quite the clutch performer and he's an excellent scorer. As a player gets older, sometimes you lessen the player's workload to increase his longevity.....

You do realize he plays over 35 minutes a game, next closest is 31. He leads the Lakers in every category. That isn’t lightening the load — he’s the entire team.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

lessen the players workload?

he leads the LAkers in minutes, assists, points and rebounds.

In Cleveland there was a year where he was the teams 3rd leading rebounder and 2nd leading scorer. On any given night Love or Kyrie could easily get 20+.

LeBron has to do more than he ever has with this Lakers team.

In Miami he had 2 all stars- two guys that were top 20 players. In Cleveland the same. Wade or Bosh could get 20+ or more without a 2nd thought.

In LA he doesnt have another top 50 player on the roster and has to score, rebound, and make plays.

he hasnt had more responsibility since he was 24 years old.

#Lakersmakingtheplayoffsbitch

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron had been smart he would've signed a one year deal in Toronto. Then him and Kawhi could have flown to LA together at the end of the season. Now THAT would be a team to give GS a series. Shit they might do it anyway without him.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you put 53% as if the 15 3pts he shot this year were a full season.

LA put an assbackwards team together this year for Lebron.

Lebron is at his best with the ball in his hands and creating open looks for his teammates.

They sign Rondo who is best with the ball in his hands, already have ball who is best with the ball in his hands and add Stephenson who is terrible off the ball.

Makes no sense. My guess is — they are using year 1 to just get by and MAYBE scrape by and get in the playoffs and then year 2 go for the gold and try to convince some of the GSW players to join him (I believe Durant and Thompson have contracts that are up). Don’t see either going to LA, but I think that may be LA’s plan. Sign a couple max contracts next year and hope GSW breaks up the team.

This does not make you a genius, my grandmother knows that was the plan. They will target many FAs not just KD and Klay. KD is possible, Klay is not going anywhere.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only best players in the NBA- one of the top 5 players of all time with the ball in his hands.

but MAgic's genius idea is to take hte ball out of his hands and give it to Rondo and Ball and not get the shooters that LeBron thrives with.

lol...makes a lot of sense

Its like taking a Waygu steak, burning it to a crisp and eating it slathered in ketchup.

I think you rest him by switching him to an easier D assignment, and occasionally run a play offensively where if you don't get the great look he waits on the perimeter and you get it to him later in the shot clock on occasion. Get him the ball if you have a chance at transition early, but if it's just advancing the ball let the other guys do that. Keep that usage rate right at 30% where it's been his entire career.

As for the moves, I am fine with them holding back. Rondo is a one year deal and if Ball goes, is a solid point that you don't have to scramble for. Rondo as a 2nd unit ball handler is a fine low risk move. He doesn't play much with Lebron anyways. But he's got leadership and can run an offense when Lebron isn't out there.

I wouldn't make any moves for players on more than a 1 year contract until they've got another superstar locked up. THEN build your team based on what you have. Until then shake out guys that have a chance of being there with absolutely no commitment. Getting a good 2nd tier shooting guard on a solid 2-3 year deal does what if you end up with Klay or Booker or someone at that same position in 2019? And getting a good 2nd tier 3 and D stretch 4 does what if you end up with Kawhi? No reason to lock more than the minimum this year in on a guy who might be the star's backup and not a position of need.

They aren't winning the championship this season. So don't do anything that would risk future seasons by making a bigger move for now.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you brought them up.

Stephenson is making 37%
Ball is making 41%
Rondo is making 53%

on 3's.

Stephenson, Ball and Rondo — 0-5 on 3’s last night.

As I said, they will all be mediocre by year’s end

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Every Cavs fan? :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you rest him by switching him to an easier D assignment, and occasionally run a play offensively where if you don't get the great look he waits on the perimeter and you get it to him later in the shot clock on occasion. Get him the ball if you have a chance at transition early, but if it's just advancing the ball let the other guys do that. Keep that usage rate right at 30% where it's been his entire career.

As for the moves, I am fine with them holding back. Rondo is a one year deal and if Ball goes, is a solid point that you don't have to scramble for. Rondo as a 2nd unit ball handler is a fine low risk move. He doesn't play much with Lebron anyways. But he's got leadership and can run an offense when Lebron isn't out there.

I wouldn't make any moves for players on more than a 1 year contract until they've got another superstar locked up. THEN build your team based on what you have. Until then shake out guys that have a chance of being there with absolutely no commitment. Getting a good 2nd tier shooting guard on a solid 2-3 year deal does what if you end up with Klay or Booker or someone at that same position in 2019? And getting a good 2nd tier 3 and D stretch 4 does what if you end up with Kawhi? No reason to lock more than the minimum this year in on a guy who might be the star's backup and not a position of need.

They aren't winning the championship this season. So don't do anything that would risk future seasons by making a bigger move for now.

Exactly. It's like some people think that this is the roster that the Lakers are planning to try to win a title with.

As you said, the Lakers could have gotten themselves a couple of solid 2nd tier type players. But all that would get them would be 2nd round exits for the next 2-3 years and no cap space to bring in another top level player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron had been smart he would've signed a one year deal in Toronto. Then him and Kawhi could have flown to LA together at the end of the season. Now THAT would be a team to give GS a series. Shit they might do it anyway without him.

Only way that was possible is if he took a lot less or they got rid of big pieces, pretty sure Kawhi got traded after he signed too. No way he was going to be stuck in Toronto even for a year no matter how great they would have been

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Cavs fan? :noidea:

Idk I’m thinking about RJ or Zion lolzz Sexton is still young and needs a lot of improvement but one of those guys with a 20 yo Sexton sounds like a good combo. If Lebron only wins one title with the Lakers it will be an even trade bc he won one in Cleveland. I am fine with one or even no titles for LA in four years while we rebuild. All depends on what GS does with KD next year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart and Kuzma went off on 3’s.

Also, I think the MVP DRose is coming back. 7-9 from 3 is actually MVP DRose with a jumpshot. If only the rest of the team gave a shit the Twolves could be a nice squad.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a team?

15 of 34 but we suck at 3's huh?

Lol.

Yes. The Detroit Pistons should lights out in games too. They still suck at shooting from the outside.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I think the MVP DRose is coming back. 7-9 from 3 is actually MVP DRose with a jumpshot. If only the rest of the team gave a shit the Twolves could be a nice squad.

certainly looks better than he has in recent times...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been ridiculous. Especially against the Lakers. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephenson, Ball and Rondo — 0-5 on 3’s last night.

As I said, they will all be mediocre by year’s end

I agree. It's kind of difficult to determine how good or bad this team will be from 3 because guys who were expected to be at least solid from 3 have been shooting poorly and a couple of guys who weren't expected to do much from 3 have been shooting it pretty well.

My guess is that everyone will revert closer to their norm (which already looks like it's starting to happen) which will mean they'll be better than the last couple of years, but still not real good.

In other words...mediocre. lol

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is without question a deal in place between Lebron & ESPN.

Lebron give them access in return ESPN can only write glowing puff pieces about Lebron and are forbidden to criticize him.

They let Steven A do his thing as cover.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's kind of difficult to determine how good or bad this team will be from 3 because guys who were expected to be at least solid from 3 have been shooting poorly and a couple of guys who weren't expected to do much from 3 have been shooting it pretty well.

My guess is that everyone will revert closer to their norm (which already looks like it's starting to happen) which will mean they'll be better than the last couple of years, but still not real good.

In other words...mediocre. lol

If I were LA, I’d roll out the carpet, back up the Brinks truck and do everything in my power to get Klay Thompson to sign with them. He would be number 1 on my list for LA. He doesn’t need the ball. One of the best spot up shooters in the game and would fit perfect with Lebron. After that — Take your pick on the 2nd max contract.

Unfortunately — if GSW wins again, which is likely. It will be tough to break them up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were LA, I’d roll out the carpet, back up the Brinks truck and do everything in my power to get Klay Thompson to sign with them. He would be number 1 on my list for LA. He doesn’t need the ball. One of the best spot up shooters in the game and would fit perfect with Lebron. After that — Take your pick on the 2nd max contract.

Unfortunately — if GSW wins again, which is likely. It will be tough to break them up.

I like Klay, but he'd be 3rd on my list after KD and Kawhi.

I don't think anyone has any idea about what KD is going to do. Lebron tried to recruit him this past off-season and has continued trying to recruit him for next season.

There are rumors that Kawhi would rather go to the Clippers, but it's Kawhi, so who really knows? It's not like he's an open book. lol

Klay is interesting. His Dad is the Lakers color analyst...would he try to influence Klay to play for the Lakers so he can watch him play every night?

Does Klay want to play in front of his Dad every night?

He's one of the 3 guys that the Warriors were built on and doesn't seem like he wants to leave...

but he's also apparently said that he won't give the Warriors a discount.