• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron unfollows the cavs on Twitter

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference of the coverage of this from last year and this year is that Lebron had so many vague tweets, the video with Wade, etc. which led up to this

Good point

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point
i think LeBron was pissed he had a triple double and an amazing performance and the first question is not- how good did you play- but was- WHATS UP WITH TWITTER....

its honestly all so ridiculous...the people that care about this stuff are just weirdos that somehow insert sports drama into their lives because they probably dont have much lives of their own. I cant even remember ONCE looking up LeBron James on twitter. Not even once. Not even when there was speculation he was coming back- who cares? seriously.

To me- LeBron's twitter account just simply is not newsworthy. I just dont give a flying fuck. I dont know why anyone does.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think LeBron was pissed he had a triple double and an amazing performance and the first question is not- how good did you play- but was- WHATS UP WITH TWITTER....

its honestly all so ridiculous...the people that care about this stuff are just weirdos that somehow insert sports drama into their lives because they probably dont have much lives of their own. I cant even remember ONCE looking up LeBron James on twitter. Not even once. Not even when there was speculation he was coming back- who cares? seriously.

To me- LeBron's twitter account just simply is not newsworthy. I just dont give a flying fuck. I dont know why anyone does.

Yeah I'm with you.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has to take some ownership here. Normally this would not be newsworthy, but when you couple it with Lebron's verbal diarrhea against his former coach Blatt and also calling his teammates out, you can see how it's become a headline.

Lebron is the reason something as simple as this is news.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have weirdos like bksballer following some Heat reporter on twitter- and seriously- within minutes of LeBron "unfollowing" the Cavs on twitter- you have some bitter-ass LeBron hater who is a Heat reporter tweet about it- and a bitter-ass Heat fan like bksballer retweeting it- when in the grand scheme of things NO ONE CARES except for the bitter-ass crybabies that cant get the taste of LeBron's ass out of their mouth.

Yes I follow Heat reporters and other NBA reporters on twitter because reporters on twitters usually tweet news before writing an article. The news was broken long before the Heat writer tweeted it last night a little before 7.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Durant signs with OKC for 1 more year, he and Westbrook will both be available at the same time. Lebron wants in on that shit!

:D

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't get it either.

When I did have Twitter, I followed a few of the sports accounts for breaking news, cheerleader accounts because cleavage and some of the mock accounts just for laughs.

I had maybe three or four of the actual athletes accounts on my Twitter. Like Jose Bautista.

And they followed my first! Mine was just a follow back.

I don't care who LeBron follows or tags or retweets.

And when about 90% of Twitter, including said cheerleaders, became nothing but spam to follow this and buy that, I deleted the whole damn mess.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss is a dumbass.

Everyone knew since about 5 PM that LBJ unfollowed the Cavs. Richardson posted that tweet after 6 PM. That is not within minutes. I also don't get why you think any writers would be a "bitter ass Lebron Hater". These guys aren't fans. They're doing their job. You know nothing about the man and you're calling him a bitter hater because he tweeted something. You seem to be the only one bitter here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can make all of the excuses you want. What he did was stupid because it created yet another distraction. The Cavs are supposed to be preparing for the playoffs and a possible title run. That's where the focus should be. Instead, they have to deal with this crap because Lebron decided he needed attention.

Also, just because you don't give a fuck, doesn't mean others don't. NBA beat writers are paid to give a fuck and they are the ones writing the stories and asking the questions. I don't do any social media bullshit, for the exact reason that we are seeing with Lebron. I've never understood why people need to know what others are doing all the time or why anyone would want people knowing what they're doing all the time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then maybe he shouldn't have made twitter an issue in the first place and maybe when the next question was about basketball (specifically assists), he shouldn't walk out of the interview like a petulant child.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's no big deal, might have been a mistake or something.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron just checked out of the game with 33, 11, & 11 on 64% shooting.

Maybe he should unfollow the Cavs before every game. :D
Actually, when I read the title of this thread I immediately thought about when LA shut down his twitter after they lost to GS in Jan.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make all of the excuses you want. What he did was stupid because it created yet another distraction. The Cavs are supposed to be preparing for the playoffs and a possible title run. That's where the focus should be. Instead, they have to deal with this crap because Lebron decided he needed attention.

Also, just because you don't give a fuck, doesn't mean others don't. NBA beat writers are paid to give a fuck and they are the ones writing the stories and asking the questions. I don't do any social media bullshit, for the exact reason that we are seeing with Lebron. I've never understood why people need to know what others are doing all the time or why anyone would want people knowing what they're doing all the time.
I have never been on any social media. That stuff scares me how much access another person/people can get on just about anyone with an account. Too crazy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are supposed to be preparing for the playoffs and a possible title run. That's where the focus should be.

Don't you see the irony though?

That is exactly what he says he's trying to do by unfollowing all of those twitter accounts. Maybe he doesn't care about what the media or fans are thinking about what he's doing because he's too focused on preparing for the playoffs. :noidea:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to follow in the steps of Aaron Rodgers and cut out all social media during the season. Quit posting workout videos of you screaming and shit.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you see the irony though?

That is exactly what he says he's trying to do by unfollowing all of those twitter accounts. Maybe he doesn't care about what the media or fans are thinking about what he's doing because he's too focused on preparing for the playoffs. :noidea:

Maybe he's hitting two birds with one stone. Maybe on the surface of this debacle he wants folks to see/think he's getting locked in for the post season. But could there also be an underlying need for attention based on the way he's gone about it?

Seriously, he's LeBron James. Probably one of the most recognized people ever- that even the most casual sports fan (and not limited to the sport of basketball) probably has heard of him. Why the need to draw more attention than he already gets?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Tuesday, he started to dip his toes back into the social media pool, as he refollowed the Cavs' Instagram account and expressed interest in joining yet another social media platform in Snapchat.

STOP THE PRESSES!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! LEBRON REFOLLOWED THE CAVS INSTAGRAM (?) ACCOUNT!!!! OHH THANK SWEET CHRIST ALMIGHTY! THAT MEANS HE IS STAYING RIGHT!!!! OHHHHH THIS IS SOME BIG FUCKING NEWS PEIOPLE!!!!!!

:L

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People aren't paying enough attention to LeBron's recent Pinterest activity, if you ask me. That's where the real incite and breaking news is.