• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron unfollows the cavs on Twitter

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy would lose whatever respect left out there

He would totally destroy his legacy

if he was to opt out of Cleveland this summer

I think he is going to opt out and sign a huge deal. Will be stunned if he leaves. Can't be that stupid

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy would lose whatever respect left out there

He would totally destroy his legacy

if he was to opt out of Cleveland this summer

He always opt outs.
That is a big difference then leaving, though.
And, he plays for the hope of winning rings. If he thinks the Cavs can win next season and moving forward, he'll stay.
If he doesn't, he'll go where he think he can and then hire someone to write an article about how wronged he was by the Cavs FO.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is going to opt out and sign a huge deal. Will be stunned if he leaves. Can't be that stupid

Yeah, exactly what I was going to say. He may very well opt out... to sign a new deal with the Cavs. Leaving CLE would top any PR nightmare he's had in the past.... unless they pull off the ship this season. Even then, I really doubt he leaves.

Never say never though... LeBron has stunned us all a couple times before.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll sign another 1 year.
The huge deal will be in the summer of '17, but he'll still want annual opt outs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its pretty stupid. Obviously better ways to achieve what he says he's trying to achieve without inciting drama.

That's the thing. If he's just doing what he's done in the past and staying off twitter, etc. then just do that. I think the reason it's different this time is that's not what he's doing. This time, he is actually unfollowing the Cavs and certain NBA writers (apparently he didn't unfollow all of them).

Then, he doubled down on stupid in the presser later when he was asked about it by saying he's not going to talk about it and said "next question." Then, the next question was an actual basketball question and he ended the interview.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, exactly what I was going to say. He may very well opt out... to sign a new deal with the Cavs. Leaving CLE would top any PR nightmare he's had in the past.... unless they pull off the ship this season. Even then, I really doubt he leaves.

Never say never though... LeBron has stunned us all a couple times before.

I think Lebron has painted himself into a corner to an extent. He wants to win more championships and may be starting to doubt whether or not that can ever happen in Cleveland. If that's the case, he'll likely want to leave. The problem is, if he does leave, it will do serious damage to his brand and legacy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing. If he's just doing what he's done in the past and staying off twitter, etc. then just do that. I think the reason it's different this time is that's not what he's doing. This time, he is actually unfollowing the Cavs and certain NBA writers (apparently he didn't unfollow all of them).

Then, he doubled down on stupid in the presser later when he was asked about it by saying he's not going to talk about it and said "next question." Then, the next question was an actual basketball question and he ended the interview.

Apparently he did the same thing last year though. Started unfollowing accounts before the playoffs (including the Cavs)... then went completely off when the playoffs start.

As far as how he handled Vardon's question after the game... yeah it was dumb not to take the opportunity to defuse a non-story. I really think Vardon set LeBron up to dismiss the question. "Hey LeBron, I hate to ask this question. You're not going to like it. It's a really dumb question. I'm sorry for asking it... so...." then asks the question. I think LeBron decided to dismiss the question before he even heard it.

Remember... he is apparently fed up with the media right now and wants as little of them as possible. To the point that he didn't talk to them after shootaround and unfollowed most of them on twitter. Then, after the game, when he has to talk to them... a reporter prefaces his question with that. I imagine he's thinking more about how dumb the media is and how right he is to be distancing himself from them.

Having said all of that... I'm NOT defending the way he's handling the situation. I agree with your overall point. Of course he could have diffused all of this easily and I think he should have. I don't think he realized at the time that it was becoming a big story (no more media updates on his phone)... especially since it didn't the last couple years when he did the same thing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he did the same thing last year though. Started unfollowing accounts before the playoffs (including the Cavs)... then went completely off when the playoffs start.

As far as how he handled Vardon's question after the game... yeah it was dumb not to take the opportunity to defuse a non-story. I really think Vardon set LeBron up to dismiss the question. "Hey LeBron, I hate to ask this question. You're not going to like it. It's a really dumb question. I'm sorry for asking it... so...." then asks the question. I think LeBron decided to dismiss the question before he even heard it.

Remember... he is apparently fed up with the media right now and wants as little of them as possible. To the point that he didn't talk to them after shootaround and unfollowed most of them on twitter. Then, after the game, when he has to talk to them... a reporter prefaces his question with that. I imagine he's thinking more about how dumb the media is and how right he is to be distancing himself from them.

Having said all of that... I'm NOT defending the way he's handling the situation. I agree with your overall point. Of course he could have diffused all of this easily and I think he should have. I don't think he realized at the time that it was becoming a big story (no more media updates on his phone)... especially since it didn't the last couple years when he did the same thing.

I could be wrong, but the way I remember it in the past, is that he just stayed off social media altogether. He didn't go through the process of actually unfollowing specific people. He just sort of "went dark" until after the playoffs.

His claiming to be fed up with the media rings a bit hollow since he keeps doing and saying stuff that he knows they are going to write and ask about.

I understand your point re: him not realizing that it was becoming a big story. However, he had to have some idea that it was going to be whether he was getting updates to his phone or not. I mean, I'm pretty sure that he knows he's famous and that people write and talk about him. Also, it's not like he hasn't been questioned about stuff he does on social media in the past.

I don't know shit about social media. I only have a facebook page that I never log onto. A friend of mine got a hold of my phone and set it up so that I would get facebook alerts pushed to my phone because the fucker knew it would piss me off. It worked, but I was able to figure out how to stop that shit without unfriending anyone or whatever they call it.

If a social media dumbass like me can figure that out. I'm pretty sure Lebron could. :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a media whore.
He's avoiding the media to be in the news.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a media whore.
He's avoiding the media to be in the news.

Maybe you're right. I think its the opposite. I believe the desire to cut away outside noise and focus on basketball is sincere. Who knows though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're right. I think its the opposite. I believe the desire to cut away outside noise and focus on basketball is sincere. Who knows though.

Possibly, but you don't need to unfollow
people which will be noticed, and then nationally discussed vs just staying off of it which would go totally unnoticed.

And, I'm glad you're involved in the discussion so we can see Beasley

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Per ESPN LeBron James will quit on every team in the league and set out to create his own team and ESPN will pay for a week long special in regards to it

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Per ESPN LeBron James will quit on every team in the league and set out to create his own team and ESPN will pay for a week long special in regards to it

I'd watch every minute of that

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see it now:

Ladies and Gentlemen put your hands together for YOUR...AKRON LEBROOOOONS!!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always opt outs.
That is a big difference then leaving, though.
And, he plays for the hope of winning rings. If he thinks the Cavs can win next season and moving forward, he'll stay.
If he doesn't, he'll go where he think he can and then hire someone to write an article about how wronged he was by the Cavs FO.

Yes, thats really what I meant, LEAVING, as opposed to opting out

He basically has run the Cleveland franchise...Gets Blatt fired, basically executed the Wiggins/Love trade, etc.etc....

For him to exit Cleveland, would be the ultimate stab in the back to that franchise...Not to mention, his joining another group of superstars to chase that ring, would just come accross as fraudulent IMO

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference of the coverage of this from last year and this year is that Lebron had so many vague tweets, the video with Wade, etc. which led up to this

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron to the Warriors in the off-season for the vet minimum.