• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, and the Perpetual Joke NBA Free Agency Has Become

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight...

You made a thread about trading Kawhi...

"Just so people can stop talking about Kawhi"...

giphy.gif

I never said it it was going to work. Might as well try, though. I'm a writer and it's what writers do - Post their opinion on a said athlete, and my opinion is that he crossed the line with the Spurs organization and is not worthy of any more attention.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it it was going to work.

Let's see...

You made a thread about a player so that people could stop talking about the player that you made the thread about.

I, for one, am shocked that it didn't work.

Shocked I tell you.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post their opinion on a said athlete, and my opinion is that he crossed the line with the Spurs organization and is not worthy of any more attention.

Okay...after reading this. It all makes perfect sense now.

You have decided that Kawhi is no longer worthy of attention and because you have determined this...

You made a thread about him that involved making arguably the stupidest trade possible. One in which the organization that you say "he crossed the line with" would look incredibly stupid and petty if they actually did it.

All so people can quit talking about him.

giphy.gif

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made a thread about him that involved making arguably the stupidest trade possible. One in which the organization that you say "he crossed the line with" would look incredibly stupid and petty if they actually did it.

Pop is one the best to have done the job...He won't look stupid no matter what.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be the worst trade in the history of the NBA from SA's prospective.

Danny Green is significantly more valuable than either player the Spurs get back. He is making less money, is only on a 1 year deal, and he is a better basketball player than both.

Yet, you suggest the Spurs should give away Green and Kawhi freaking Leonard for 1 terrible contract, 1 bad expiring contract and a 2nd round pick just to prove a point?

The dumbest thing about this is that if the Spurs really did deal Leonard to a team like Atlanta, it almost guarantees He ends up in LA next season.

Why waste time posting something like this?
He is basing his idea on the concept that the Spurs have to understand that beggars can't be choses. THAT'S WHAT Hurricane said any way. The thing of it is though is that I do Not think the Spurs are beggars or separate yet. THEY HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO HOLD OUT FOR A BETTER DEAL and if Leonard refuses to play, then the Spurs can refuse to pay him and file legal action.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Cane, is just loaded because the Lakers just landed the biggest free agent in the NBA since Kobe was one.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is basing his idea on the concept that the Spurs have to understand that beggars can't be choses. THAT'S WHAT Hurricane said any way. The thing of it is though is that I do Not think the Spurs are beggars or separate yet. THEY HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO HOLD OUT FOR A BETTER DEAL and if Leonard refuses to play, then the Spurs can refuse to pay him and file legal action.

Holy shit you're a moron.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird how you blame Lebron James and not Dan Gilbert for doing next to nothing to build the Cavs when Lebron was first with the Cavs.

Kawhi is far from the first disgruntled player that pushed for a trade. That's been happening since at least Wilt Chamerlain.

That's all he did was build the team around him with whatever he could find in free agency instead of biting the bullet. James demanded a "team around him" since day 1 and Gilbert complied with whatever he could throw together in free agency. Maybe if James didn't want to run the show from the get-go and they could go through some mediocrity instead of constantly drafting later then they would have had young talent around him.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird how you blame Lebron James and not Dan Gilbert for doing next to nothing to build the Cavs when Lebron was first with the Cavs.

Kawhi is far from the first disgruntled player that pushed for a trade. That's been happening since at least Wilt Chamerlain.

And another thing on that, who's to blame for James never figuring he needed a post/power game until the Heat got embarrassed by the Mavs? Is that Gilbert's fault as well?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beggars can't be choosers?

You realize the return suggested in the OP actually has negative trade value, right?

if this were actually the Spurs best offer they would be better off keeping him and letting him walk. But they could get Brandon Ingram today if they want. They could probably get Covington, Saric and a pick today. So yes, while the Spurs don't exactly have a ton of leverage, they aren't accepting a steaming pile of cow dung in return for their disgruntled superstar.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all he did was build the team around him with whatever he could find in free agency instead of biting the bullet. James demanded a "team around him" since day 1 and Gilbert complied with whatever he could throw together in free agency. Maybe if James didn't want to run the show from the get-go and they could go through some mediocrity instead of constantly drafting later then they would have had young talent around him.

Lebron and Kyrie were enough in the East to be at a point where you were not going to be mediocre. They were still going to be in the Finals every year. Also, Cleveland never drafted an all star in the years that they had Lebron. I doubt it was going to happen even if they moved up a couple of spots. In the end, Cleveland still got their 1 title so at their evaluation - the Lebron return was a success.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who were the free agents that the Cavs brought in during Lebron's first tenure?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the days when a lot of playoff teams were one piece away from seriously contending. It made free agency a lot of fun and it made the trade deadline a lot of fun. Now, every team outside of the warriors are several pieces away. And the sad thing is, players will only continue to team up at different desirable locations.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misunderstood....and the answer would be nobody good lol

Yeah. Gilbert's free spending ways didn't manifest until Lebron's 2nd stint in Cleveland. And even then, Gilbert's interference with the GM often prevented the team from being truly aggressive in the FA market.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop is one the best to have done the job...He won't look stupid no matter what.

I agree, he is. That's why he would never do that deal you proposed. It would make him look stupid and petty.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Gilbert's free spending ways didn't manifest until Lebron's 2nd stint in Cleveland. And even then, Gilbert's interference with the GM often prevented the team from being truly aggressive in the FA market.

Never understood the concept of owners getting way too involved with team decisions as it related to which players to scout, draft, sign, etc.. You're paying a guy to make these decisions. You'd think that you'd want to be able to let him do his job and properly evaluate him. The minute you start interferring is the minute where you can't look that person straight in the face when you fire them.