• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, and the Perpetual Joke NBA Free Agency Has Become

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said Kawhi was the first guy to do it. In fact, I can compile a list of self-proclaimed stars that held their respective teams hostage in this decade alone due to their impending free agency...
  • Carmelo Anthony
  • Dwight Howard
  • Kevin Love (in Minnesota)
  • Paul George
  • and now Kawhi Leonard...
Players today live for free agency, and it's sad.
cryrie?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of bitter...

you keep ignoring the fact i've challenged you to another bet next season and you've bitched out each time.

I kind of like being undefeated in avi bets, but give me an offseason to think about it and we'll see. There's also the possibility that I won't even be here with HS season starting in the first week of November.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like being undefeated in avi bets, but give me an offseason to think about it and we'll see. There's also the possibility that I won't even be here with HS season starting in the first week of November.
evans was a nice siging by the Pacers

I think the Pacers are the 5th best team in the East and can definitely win a playoff series next year

right now in the East id go

1. Boston
2. Philly
3. Milwaukee
4. Toronto
5. Indiana
6. Washington
7. Miami
8. Detroit or (right now) CLLLLLLLLLLLEEVELAND!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG- Collison
SG- Oladipo
SF- Evans
Pf- Young
C- Turner

thats a pretty damn good starting lineup right there. No weaknesses. Everyone is athletic. Some very solid 3 pt shooting. Good defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Pacers are the 5th best team in the East and can definitely win a playoff series next year

1. Boston
2. Philly
3. Milwaukee
4. Toronto
5. Indiana
6. Washington
7. Miami

LOL, I know you're a ridiculous homer but there's no way in hell cleveland is any more than a lottery team

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Boston
2. Philly
3. Milwaukee
4. Toronto
5. Indiana
6. Washington
7. Miami

I would have both Detroit and Charlotte over retread Miami right now...

I'm happy with the Evans signing considering what was left for us, but it doesn't come without a chemistry risk. We would have been able to distinguish ourselves from the rest of the east had we just picked up Stephenson's option due to team continuity. Now that's gone and we have to prove ourselves all over again.

With only four players under contract for 2019-20 (Oladipo, Doug McDermott, Aaron Holiday, and Domas Sabonis who will have his option inevitably picked up), we are setting ourselves to be a factor in 2019 free agency.

However, if we endure another ho-hum 45-win season I don't really see a reason free agents would want to come here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't really a serious idea, just something I threw out there just so people can stop talking about Kawhi.

My point to you is, though - The Spurs need to stop living in the past with Danny Green. Seriously, what is so great about him at this stage??? Wrong side of age 30, FG percentage in the consistently in the 30's, time to move on.

Nothing.

But he is better than Carroll, who is older and making more money. Besides, he is the ultimate "Spurs Guy". You don't trade a guy like that unless you are getting something valuable in return.

And that doesn't even begin to cover Kawhi.

And LOL. You create a thread about Kawhi to get people to stop talking about Kawhi?

Brilliant!

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing.

But he is better than Carroll, who is older and making more money. Besides, he is the ultimate "Spurs Guy". You don't trade a guy like that unless you are getting something valuable in return.

And LOL. You create a thread about Kawhi to get people to stop talking about Kawhi?

Brilliant!

However you spin it, I'd choose DeMarre Carroll to cover LeBron four games a year over Danny Green ten times out of ten.

And yes, Kawhi Leonard has become the ultimate problem child at this stage in his career that people really need to stop talking about him. I've made my blog post with my suggestion, and now I'm done giving him my energy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However you spin it, I'd choose DeMarre Carroll to cover LeBron four games a year over Danny Green ten times out of ten.

Well,

Danny Green gives more on offense, and if you are trading Leonard and Green for those two, Carrol's defense is completely irrelevant because you might not win 40 games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, Danny Green is a very good defender. For the other 78 I take him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Kyrie's defense, it was actually Lebron and his camp that leaked the trade demand info. Kyrie actually did the "honorable" thing in this situation and told management very quietly that he wanted to leave.

Under that premise the Cavs would have had a TON of leverage to make a trade with other teams. They could have gotten back a ransom from other teams if it was known he was available, quietly and without a demand to have to move him.

Blame Lebron for what you guys got back there. He wanted to get his narrative out there first.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Kyrie's defense, it was actually Lebron and his camp that leaked the trade demand info. Kyrie actually did the "honorable" thing in this situation and told management very quietly that he wanted to leave.

Under that premise the Cavs would have had a TON of leverage to make a trade with other teams. They could have gotten back a ransom from other teams if it was known he was available, quietly and without a demand to have to move him.

Blame Lebron for what you guys got back there. He wanted to get his narrative out there first.
actually supposedly kyrie got pissed because they heard they WERE just rumors about moving him---- not that he first demanded it and then it leaked- but his demand did leak

supposedly- and this was leaked thursday-- the cavs and griffin almost had a deal for george- and would have had it since they owuld have given the pacers certain draft protections if lebron would have committed- but once lebron would not committ, griffin would not commit and then kyrie got cold feet. basically if lebron committed last summer it still very well could be george, lebron, cryrie--- but since lebron didnt commmit they wouldnt trade unprotected picks, griffin read the writing on the wall, kyrie read the writing on the wall- and the rest is history

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually supposedly kyrie got pissed because they heard they WERE just rumors about moving him---- not that he first demanded it and then it leaked- but his demand did leak

supposedly- and this was leaked thursday-- the cavs and griffin almost had a deal for george- and would have had it since they owuld have given the pacers certain draft protections if lebron would have committed- but once lebron would not committ, griffin would not commit and then kyrie got cold feet. basically if lebron committed last summer it still very well could be george, lebron, cryrie--- but since lebron didnt commmit they wouldnt trade unprotected picks, griffin read the writing on the wall, kyrie read the writing on the wall- and the rest is history

That's interesting. I just tried to look it up and couldn't see anything to the contrary stating that Lebron's camp leaked it.

I don't see anything about Kyrie potentially leaking it. Maybe you've got better references being a Cavs fan. Either way, even in your depiction of events, it was still ultimately Lebron which caused this trade to fail, either directly or indirectly.

Do you blame the Kyrie leaking situation on him or Lebron, or nobody? Just curious.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA's staying prominent which is good but all these superteams aren't. Got to wonder where Leonard eventually ends up but I doubt it'd be Atlanta even for the short term.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing.

Brilliant!

Hey hey hey.....life is too short, man.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't really a serious idea, just something I threw out there just so people can stop talking about Kawhi.

So let me get this straight...

You made a thread about trading Kawhi...

"Just so people can stop talking about Kawhi"...

giphy.gif