• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron Is Washed

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious.

I was actually rooting for the Lakers to win that series and have never been a Laker hater.

And yeah, it was horrible.
It was all in the adjustments - Fouling one player 50 times in a game is terrible basketball - As I recall Popovich started that shit, but Shaq could have ended it by making 90% of his three throws instead of 50% - Personally - That series was going the Lakers way until someone in Sacramento tried to poison Kobe with a bad burger

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious.

I was actually rooting for the Lakers to win that series and have never been a Laker hater.

And yeah, it was horrible.
Apparently we’re all still harping on 2002. I hated the Kings at the time and thought they were the whiniest team in the NBA, so I was rooting for the Lakers (today many find that hard to believe, I know).

There were some questionable calls and the Lakers also got lucky with Peja being hindered by a bad ankle. But star players came up clutch when they needed to and that’s what decided the series, not to mention the lucky bounce off that loose ball that allowed Horry to get off that straight away three at the buzzer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we’re all still harping on 2002. I hated the Kings at the time and thought they were the whiniest team in the NBA, so I was rooting for the Lakers (today many find that hard to believe, I know).

There were some questionable calls and the Lakers also got lucky with Peja being hindered by a bad ankle. But star players came up clutch when they needed to and that’s what decided the series, not to mention the lucky bounce off that loose ball that allowed Horry to get off that straight away three at the buzzer.

lol, Sacramento Fans are stilly crying in their beer to this day and yes the Lakers had some good luck - If the refs are calling the game tight on the referees - a good player makes adjustment - Sacramento simply did not have players that were smart enough to make the adjustments and win the title.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Sacramento Fans are stilly crying in their beer to this day and yes the Lakers had some good luck - If the refs are calling the game tight on the referees - a good player makes adjustment - Sacramento simply did not have players that were smart enough to make the adjustments and win the title.

Ok, I will bite.

WHat adjustments are you making in that situation?

It is absolutely correct to adjust to level of physicality officials are allowing.

But the problem with that particular game was that it wasn’t being called the same way in both sides.

There is no adjustment for that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will bite.

WHat adjustments are you making in that situation?

It is absolutely correct to adjust to level of physicality officials are allowing.

But the problem with that particular game was that it wasn’t being called the same way in both sides.

There is no adjustment for that.

In the first games, Shaq was using what he used to call his Va Voom move - which is where he would back into the defender and then he would straighten up some and then shove his ass right into the defender and knock him down or off balance enough to have a free shot. You have to know that he got fouled nearly on every shot and got tired of it. As much as he tried to hide it, The ref's caught on and he was getting into a ton of foul trouble. I think he actually fouled in several times. That was when Phil Jackson chastised him for being a bully and told him to play basketball with some finesse and he would stop getting into foul trouble. Either way When he stopped being using his Va Voom move to intentionally knock them down - he basically stopped fouling out of the game and got a lot of fouls. Fans don't like to see any player at the free throw line like that and so man times - but Shaq couldn't make his free throws on a regular basis, so he was a target for being put at the free throw line. I would argue if he had listened to his free throw coach instead of firing him(he claimed he didn't need a coach and knew how to make his free throws when he had to) and had been shooting 80% instead of 60% or whatever - they would have stopped fouling him. The Sacramento Kings tried fouling him out and it backfired - that simple. For the record, The Spurs did something similar the next year and they beat the Lakers because Shaq did not make his free throws like he should have.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first games, Shaq was using what he used to call his Va Voom move - which is where he would back into the defender and then he would straighten up some and then shove his ass right into the defender and knock him down or off balance enough to have a free shot. You have to know that he got fouled nearly on every shot and got tired of it. As much as he tried to hide it, The ref's caught on and he was getting into a ton of foul trouble. I think he actually fouled in several times. That was when Phil Jackson chastised him for being a bully and told him to play basketball with some finesse and he would stop getting into foul trouble. Either way When he stopped being using his Va Voom move to intentionally knock them down - he basically stopped fouling out of the game and got a lot of fouls. Fans don't like to see any player at the free throw line like that and so man times - but Shaq couldn't make his free throws on a regular basis, so he was a target for being put at the free throw line. I would argue if he had listened to his free throw coach instead of firing him(he claimed he didn't need a coach and knew how to make his free throws when he had to) and had been shooting 80% instead of 60% or whatever - they would have stopped fouling him. The Sacramento Kings tried fouling him out and it backfired - that simple. For the record, The Spurs did something similar the next year and they beat the Lakers because Shaq did not make his free throws like he should have.

Not the issue.

Kings were getting mauled with no whistles down the stretch of that game 6.

Lakers were getting their normal calls.

There is no adjusting to that type of lopsided officiating.

Adjusting only works if officiating is consistent and fair.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the issue.

Kings were getting mauled with no whistles down the stretch of that game 6.

Lakers were getting their normal calls.

There is no adjusting to that type of lopsided officiating.

Adjusting only works if officiating is consistent and fair.

The Kings were getting mauled because they were fouling Shaq on every call instead of playing ball the way it should have been called. The refs called the game correctly - thats why the trophy is with the Lakers and not in Sacramento

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings were getting mauled because they were fouling Shaq on every call instead of playing ball the way it should have been called. The refs called the game correctly - thats why the trophy is with the Lakers and not in Sacramento

Dude.

You are all over the place.

That has nothing to do with the refs swallowing the whistle when the Kings had the ball.

Touch fouls on one side vs. Rick Fox does whatever the hell he wants on the other.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

You are all over the place.

That has nothing to do with the refs swallowing the whistle when the Kings had the ball.

Touch fouls on one side vs. Rick Fox does whatever the hell he wants on the other.
It's always interesting to see the bullshit you losers come up with to explain why the World Champion Lakers really didn't win that year. It was the same for both sides - Like Phil Jackson said - the refs also called a non-existent foul that gave the ball to the kings shortly before the Robert Horry shot that would have given them the game. You pick at the game all you like, but it's bullshit - The Lakers won fairly - The refs were calling the game the best they knew how like they always has. Get it over it already. That's the reason the title is based on seven games and not one - The Lakers won four games, the games didn't.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case anyone doesn't understand - that the Lakers one - here is the proof

I would put up a picture of the trophy case for the Sacramento Kings, but they don't have any

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always interesting to see the bullshit you losers come up with to explain why the World Champion Lakers really didn't win that year. It was the same for both sides - Like Phil Jackson said - the refs also called a non-existent foul that gave the ball to the kings shortly before the Robert Horry shot that would have given them the game. You pick at the game all you like, but it's bullshit - The Lakers won fairly - The refs were calling the game the best they knew how like they always has. Get it over it already. That's the reason the title is based on seven games and not one - The Lakers won four games, the games didn't.
Your intense whining about this makes it obvious you are insecure about the charges. You know what happened.

What I don't get it why a team with a million titles is so scared to admit what went down. Like you say, the title counts and always will, so why not acknowledge the obvious? No one is going to think less of the Shaq Kobe team, that was their 3rd title in a row, stuff happens and this time the Lakers benefitted. It's still their title.

If this was some team like the Raptors or Sonics or Blazers with one title and people were giving them grief for benefitting from obvious officiating bullshit, I could understand the defensiveness more then. But with you guys it's like, oh yeah one of our 17 titles we probably got a break from the refs, oh well...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your intense whining about this makes it obvious you are insecure about the charges. You know what happened.

What I don't get it why a team with a million titles is so scared to admit what went down. Like you say, the title counts and always will, so why not acknowledge the obvious? No one is going to think less of the Shaq Kobe team, that was their 3rd title in a row, stuff happens and this time the Lakers benefitted. It's still their title.

If this was some team like the Raptors or Sonics or Blazers with one title and people were giving them grief for benefitting from obvious officiating bullshit, I could understand the defensiveness more then. But with you guys it's like, oh yeah one of our 17 titles we probably got a break from the refs, oh well...
I am not whining dumbass - I am not the one 20 years later stating that the referees cheated. The Lakers one it straight up - 4 games to 3 and the trophy is at the Staples Center - live it

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not whining dumbass - I am not the one 20 years later stating that the referees cheated. The Lakers one it straight up - 4 games to 3 and the trophy is at the Staples Center - live it
LOL sure you're not

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could care less who won that series. 0 skin in the game.

I was even pulling for the Lakers. Was glad they won at the time because Webber winning a ring in Sacto would have rubbed salt in Wizard fans wounds.

A blind man could see terribly 1 sided officiating there.

Kind of ironic that the only people here actually invested in the outcome are calling neutral observers biased.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less who won that series. 0 skin in the game.

I was even pulling for the Lakers. Was glad they won at the time because Webber winning a ring in Sacto would have rubbed salt in Wizard fans wounds.

A blind man could see terribly 1 sided officiating there.

Kind of ironic that the only people here actually invested in the outcome are calling neutral observers biased.
No, that was a figment of your imagination because of your hatred for the Lakers