• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron Is Washed

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Salley added two more amusing stories of his own when Bird’s trash-talking made him more Black than white:

“He told Doc (Julius Erving), ‘Yo, old man, this my league now, this my league.’ He would say, ‘Sal, you better get help. You better ask for help!’ And I’m like, ‘Oh, somebody’s bout to get in and take this, Imma foul him.’”

The trash talk Larry Bird dished out on Julius “Dr. J” Erving happened in 1984. The Boston Celtics legend talked trash all game long until Erving had had enough and went after Bird. Both were ejected, but the numbers told the tale.

Erving finished with six points, three rebounds and five assists. Bird, on the other hand, backed up his trash talk with 42 points, seven rebounds and three assists in just 30 minutes.

A0DE038D-3B35-4E48-92B3-6F393E2F37E2.jpeg

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many great Larry Bird stories.

One of my favorites is when he walked into the locker room before the 3 point contest and said..."Which one of y'all finishing 2nd?"

Then won it without taking his warm up jacket off.

Pretty sure that made 3 in a row

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point holds no water.

All the great teams had other great players.

The Showtime Lakers.

Boston with Bird, McHale, Parish, Ainge, etc.

The Bad Boy Pistons.

The MJ Bulls.

The Lakers with Kobe and Shaq.

The Spurs with TD and Parker.

The W's had Steph and Klay with Dray.

The Chauncey Billups/Richard Hamilton/Ben Wallace Pistons were extremely rare.

Stop it.
Not ones built by a desperate player like James did. Those teams r tee built from scratch by organizations

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever see Bird play? Bird is right there. I said it’s tough to say anyone is a better pure shooter than Steph. But Bird would absolutely light this current jumpshot league up

You think KD is a better shooter than Larry Bird? Lol
Nothing against Bird he was a great shooter…but you don’t get it. Steph has unlimited range anywhere on the court. Huge difference especially since nowadays they guard the 3 much better bc you have to respect. Who knows if Bird was in this era.

Like I said, shooting wise it’s Curry then everyone else. Klay is the 2nd best shooter of all-time and the gap is huge.

Difficult to compare eras. Bird was an amazing shooter and he probably is one of the best from this era but he isn’t Steph. A lot of great pure shooters from the last 3 or 4 decades. Hard to choose…but easy choice at #1

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Bird he was a great shooter…but you don’t get it. Steph has unlimited range anywhere on the court. Huge difference especially since nowadays they guard the 3 much better bc you have to respect. Who knows if Bird was in this era.

Like I said, shooting wise it’s Curry then everyone else. Klay is the 2nd best shooter of all-time and the gap is huge.

Difficult to compare eras. Bird was an amazing shooter and he probably is one of the best from this era but he isn’t Steph. A lot of great pure shooters from the last 3 or 4 decades. Hard to choose…but easy choice at #1
I wonder if Reggie Miller might be the choice; Rick Barry?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Reggie Miller might be the choice; Rick Barry?
Like I said there are some great ones from every era. Reggie and Allen were great. Barry great for his era. Steph is the best.

I would put Allen and Reggie in the top 5. Bird is likely there too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry bird is on par with Steph Curry as a pure shooter. Period.

LeBron is not in the same conversation as those guys as a shooter. Unless you are a complete LeBron knob slobberer

Who said anything to the contrary?

Of course those guys are better shooters. And Bird not in the conversation with Curry there either. Alone at the top.

As overall players, Curry and Bird is a lot closer than either of those guys are to LeBron or MJ.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to be hard-pressed to say anybody’s better than Curry as a shooter. But Bird is right there.

Bird averaged about 3 points less per game and 3 more rebounds a game than Lebron. Steals and blocks were the same. Assist I think iBotd was 1 less than Lebron

You are stuck on simple stats.

I posted the advanced stats where LeBron was very clearly ahead.

I also showed that league scoring was significantly higher throughout Bird’s career than it was throughout LeBron’s. Proving that LeBron in fact played in the tougher era when it comes to compiling stats.

Bird’s stats are about 85% of LeBron’s and Bird played in the significantly higher scoring era.

It is not as close as you claim.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bird had plenty of range. Noted.. you never saw Bird play

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are stuck on simple stats.

I posted the advanced stats where LeBron was very clearly ahead.

I also showed that league scoring was significantly higher throughout Bird’s career than it was throughout LeBron’s. Proving that LeBron in fact played in the tougher era when it comes to compiling stats.

Bird’s stats are about 85% of LeBron’s and Bird played in the significantly higher scoring era.

It is not as close as you claim.

I hate stats. They are flawed in every way possible. Lol at simple stats vs advanced stats.

Interesting what the GOAT says about Larry vs Lebron. But what does he know??

Michael Jordan: “Larry was a debate. He still is. People ask me all the time who my all-time five top players are, and when I start saying Larry, they interrupt me. They say, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me. He can’t play with LeBron James!’ I tell them, ‘You guys don’t get it. Larry is far better than any small forward who played the game, and to be honest, I’m still not sure if he is a small forward or a power forward.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the part where Jordan says “You guys don’t get it.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Bird debate

Better shooter Bird
Had more range Bird
Better passer Bird
Better rebounder Bird
Better in the clutch Bird
Played in a more physical and Tougher era Bird
Better overall offensive player Lebron
Better on defense Lebron

Bird also took a 29 win team and turned them into a 61 win team his rookie year

Rings Bird has 1 less than Bron and never left the Celtics along with going H2H with the Lakers for years.

Shooter based on 3pt and FT %
Passer based on skill and assists. Lebron basically plays PG and LB was at SF/PF

Yeah it’s not close :L

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if Steph grew up in the Bird Era and had none of the major advancements in Training, Coaching, development from High School to the Pro's
He would be just as good as he is today?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Bird debate

Better shooter Bird
Had more range Bird
Better passer Bird
Better rebounder Bird
Better in the clutch Bird
Played in a more physical and Tougher era Bird
Better overall offensive player Lebron
Better on defense Lebron

Bird also took a 29 win team and turned them into a 61 win team his rookie year

Rings Bird has 1 less than Bron and never left the Celtics along with going H2H with the Lakers for years.

Shooter based on 3pt and FT %
Passer based on skill and assists. Lebron basically plays PG and LB was at SF/PF

Yeah it’s not close :L
...and Bird was not despised by his own teammates.

1_DAVIS-SITS.png

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and Bird was not despised by his own teammates.

1_DAVIS-SITS.png

Haha Is that Lonzo sitting? Not sure what is wrong with that dude. He’s got a mysterious injury right now

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Steph grew up in the Bird Era and had none of the major advancements in Training, Coaching, development from High School to the Pro's
He would be just as good as he is today?

Steph is special no matter the era. He would have gotten man handled more tho back then. But he would have found a way to get his shot off

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this......if the Lakers don't get better with their new pickups....they need to consider consulting and trading James.....in the offseason

KD brought some nice players and 4 1st rounders plus a pick swap. James should bring a few nice players and 2 1st rounders plus a pick swap from some team looking to win in next few years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
->I was referring to how oafish he looked.<- He dances like a big old loutish gorilla. You were the one who saw that James looked like a gorilla. That is the only way you could see it as racist.

Total bullshit. You called LeBron a gorilla because you're a racist. The only person that can't see that is you.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this......if the Lakers don't get better with their new pickups....they need to consider consulting and trading James.....in the offseason

KD brought some nice players and 4 1st rounders plus a pick swap. James should bring a few nice players and 2 1st rounders plus a pick swap from some team looking to win in next few years.

Is Lebron hurt now? I saw he didn’t play the game after he broke the record