• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron couldn't handle Pippen, much less Jordan.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great players would have been great in any era. I disagree about the athleticism of previous eras though. The human body hasn't evolved over the last one or two generations. Players of previous eras were just as athletic. The difference now is better training and medicine.

This...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron makes first team all defense with .09 blocks and 1.7 steals...

Here's 2 consecutive years for MJ 1.5 blocks, 2.9 steals...1.6blocks, 3.2 steals...

Pippen 2.9 steals, and 1.1 blocks, 2.6 steals ppg, and 1.2 blocks...

Pippen would have owned Lebron. If you want to throw Paul George in with Lebron in today's age and I think he's close. Then Pippen's a no-brainer.

End of story.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules are different now, hard to compare.

If Lebron could hand check, it's over! Done deal, he would dominate. He is too strong!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how Lebron does tonight in game 7. He's good no doubt, but only when he's engaged in the game and not loafing. And Paul George is no Pippen. Just sayin.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron looked good, D Wade looked good. Ray Ray gave them a spark. Paul George and the Pacers looked lost.

Why the Pacers did not go inside is beyond me. They are a team full of good players, but no great players. The Pacers had no go to guy last night.

The Heat played pretty good D, but the Pacers reminded me of a deer in headlights. Not your typical Eastern Conference Finals WAR.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get tired with people/media/etc trying to compare athletes from different era's.

Players are so much bigger now, babied a little too much, games and rules are different, etc...

I see no fair way to compare anyone unless you are comparing them to players they play with or against.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron got beatdown last night. I hope we can all put away the comparisons now. The guy is an great player in a league full of good players right now. Not alot of great players in the NBA right now.

The game is different, players are different, but these guys couldn't hang with the MEN back in the 80's/90's.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great players would have been great in any era. I disagree about the athleticism of previous eras though. The human body hasn't evolved over the last one or two generations. Players of previous eras were just as athletic. The difference now is better training and medicine.

And roids, can't forget good ole roidin!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd year player Kawhi Leonard is giving Lebron issues on defense. I think it is safe to say that Pippen could slow him down too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron got beatdown last night. I hope we can all put away the comparisons now. The guy is an great player in a league full of good players right now. Not alot of great players in the NBA right now.

The game is different, players are different, but these guys couldn't hang with the MEN back in the 80's/90's.

LOL..one shitty game abd he would get owned by everyone.

2nd year player Kawhi Leonard is giving Lebron issues on defense. I think it is safe to say that Pippen could slow him down too.

Watch the Sports Science on Leonard, I think he is half-human half something else.

Just bc he is young doesn't mean he can't play defense. He is a great in the making, but you are acting like he did it all. No. Green played good D and they were throwing double teams at him. It is more that great coach they got.

Btw..Leonard has the athleticism, ability, freakishly big hands to be BETTER than Pippen. That is saying a lot.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't just start saying this after the BEATDOWN, I've been saying it for months! Lebron is a great player by today's standards. But the quality of a great player now is not like it was before. It's just not. Go back and watch film. Watch what a 10-time NBA 1st team defender and MVP Scottie Pippen did when guarding Barkley and Ewing. MJ even said Scottie was the difference maker on D for the Bulls because he could match-up with anyone. ANYONE! And if they were bigger, his cat like reflexes would help him find and steal the ball. MJ? LOL Just a tenacious competitor than was ENGAGED the entire game. No way any of his teams would ever get beatdown like that. Lebron is a lil bitch sometimes and quits.

And ok so Leonard and Green did a good job on Lebron last night, but Jordan and Pippen was just be physically manhandled. LOLOL

OK ;)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw..Leonard has the athleticism, ability, freakishly big hands to be BETTER than Pippen. That is saying a lot.

Just ridiculous. It's 2nd year and you're calling him a top 50 player ever? Maybe better than one of the best defenders ever?

Jeez kids. Slow down and show me something.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Sports Science on Leonard, I think he is half-human half something else.

Just bc he is young doesn't mean he can't play defense. He is a great in the making, but you are acting like he did it all. No. Green played good D and they were throwing double teams at him. It is more that great coach they got.

I wasn't discounting Leonard's ability. I think he is a very good young player with lots of upside. I just find it funny that people think Lebron would destroy Pippen. Pippen was one of the better defenders the NBA has seen. He was extremely long and athletic. Leonard has that great NBA body as well (lengthy and athletic).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ridiculous. It's 2nd year and you're calling him a top 50 player ever? Maybe better than one of the best defenders ever?

Jeez kids. Slow down and show me something.

Do you know what potential is?? I didn't say he was ge was the body type-lany like Pippen huge hands. Get your head out of the old days, this is a new time you can't compare players from different eras and say they would beat players these days. There are great players in every era the only thing we can do is compare to players they have played, everything else is opinion.

Stubborn, old minds!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't discounting Leonard's ability. I think he is a very good young player with lots of upside. I just find it funny that people think Lebron would destroy Pippen. Pippen was one of the better defenders the NBA has seen. He was extremely long and athletic. Leonard has that great NBA body as well (lengthy and athletic).

I again didn't say he would, just said he is a player LIKE Pippen, everything else is opinion. Nobody knows not Pippen or Leonard. These comparing players from different eras is impossible.!

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words.

Aaron Craft will be the next Pippen, lockdown defender. :happy:

Craft will definitely be the best defender with blush on... that is all I can say at this point.

Maybeline better sign that guy before Revlon does... :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craft will definitely be the best defender with blush on... that is all I can say at this point.

Maybeline better sign that guy before Revlon does... :L

LOL...he does have some rosey cheeks.

The dude has some of the quickest feet I have ever seen from a defensive standpoint. He does lack size and reach though.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. No way any of his teams would ever get beatdown like that. Lebron is a lil bitch sometimes and quits.
Bulls got beat home by 26 against the Cavs in the ECF in 1992.

Cleveland Cavaliers at Chicago Bulls Box Score, May 21, 1992 | Basketball-Reference.com

Also lost by 21 against Seattle in the 95-96 Finals.

Obviously last nights loss was more lopsided than the 2 examples I gave, but those are examples of MJ's Bulls getting beatdown.

How did James quit last night? He went for 9 straight points which brought the Heat to within 15 (I think) at the tail end of the 3rd quarter. The game wasn't out of reach. Still plenty of time, but it kept raining 3's for the Spurs and there was nothing the Heat could do.

I did like Van Gundy's reasoning for what you have to do sometimes by leaving you star players in the game "they're the ones who got themselves into this mess"