• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lebron back to miami?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What franchise is going to pay a 32+ year old full max, who has a history of jumping teams without hesitation, has ran several coaches out of town, has caused much headache for GM's and owners, and all in all, can't get the job done by just himself and needs all-stars around him to get the job done?

Putting aside some of your revisionist history... the answer to the question is all 30.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious that people actually believe their teams would not want to sign LeBron. For all his faults, he can do things that no other player on the planet can. The only team who would even consider passing on a chance to sign James if given the opportunity is Golden State.

Now, I think most franchises would be unwilling to give LeBron the same access he has in Cleveland, and that could be a deal breaker. Every single team would give him a full max deal if they had the cap space to do it. Saying anyone aside from Golden State would pass is delusional.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't think people understand what LeBron has actually accomplished in his career. They see the glamorous names of some of his teammates, but don't really comprehend that he has NEVER played on a team that had a roster fully complimenting his abilities.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious that people actually believe their teams would not want to sign LeBron. For all his faults, he can do things that no other player on the planet can. The only team who would even consider passing on a chance to sign James if given the opportunity is Golden State.

Now, I think most franchises would be unwilling to give LeBron the same access he has in Cleveland, and that could be a deal breaker. Every single team would give him a full max deal if they had the cap space to do it. Saying anyone aside from Golden State would pass is delusional.

Imo Lebron hold franchise hostage by signing these 2 year deals with a player opt out after year 1. I wouldn't want him if I'm any team unless they can get 3 years from him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm no Lebron fan, but if I were to find out the Lakers could have had him and didn't offer or said no, I'd be really pissed. He may be starting to decline some, but he's still arguably the best all-around player in the league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Lebron hold franchise hostage by signing these 2 year deals with a player opt out after year 1. I wouldn't want him if I'm any team unless they can get 3 years from him

I don't know about that. While he is still an amazing player, we can all see that he is starting to decline. Assuming he has 2-3 years left before he seriously starts to decline, you'd be looking at another 2-3 years with him on a super max deal that he is no longer worth as far as on the court production (like Kobe, he'll still make whatever team he's with a ton of money) and no way to unload that contract.

As I stated earlier. While Lebron uses the 2 year/1 year opt outs to make sure he always gets the max amount possible, it also gives the team he plays for the ability to let him walk as soon as they feel his on court production is no longer worth what he's demanding.

Part of the reason Lakers fans weren't upset over Kobe being paid what he was the past 2 years is because it was only for 2 years and we knew the team wasn't going to do anything anyway. It at least guaranteed that he retires a Laker.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand how that is tough from a fan's prospective. You essentially have to give up your future for a 1-2 year window. That is tough.

That being said, you can place him on over 50% of the league's teams and he makes them instant contenders. There is not another player in the league you can say that about. Not even Curry. I am not sure Cleveland makes the playoffs without LeBron. Put him on the Knicks or he Wizards and they are in the Finals.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand how that is tough from a fan's prospective. You essentially have to give up your future for a 1-2 year window. That is tough.

That being said, you can place him on over 50% of the league's teams and he makes them instant contenders. There is not another player in the league you can say that about. Not even Curry. I am not sure Cleveland makes the playoffs without LeBron. Put him on the Knicks or he Wizards and they are in the Finals.

True, as of today, but are we saying that in 2-3 years.
Don't forget, the giant contract won't start until
'17.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, as of today, but are we saying that in 2-3 years.
Don't forget, the giant contract won't start until
'17.

First off, I don't think he will sign a 5 year deal. Second, he is not going to fall of a cliff at age 34. He will still be an all star caliber player with a couple minor adjustments.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I don't think he will sign a 5 year deal. Second, he is not going to fall of a cliff at age 34. He will still be an all star caliber player with a couple minor adjustments.
especially if he moves into the post more- which it looks like both he and the team understand creates the biggest mismatches- not only that- but even if they dont continue with that starting lineup- its a lineup I want to see

Kyrie, Jr, Iman, LeBron, Love----- they can switch on defense a ton, they have a ton of shooting--- that should just be interesting to see.

LeBron is an all time great- and a freak- I dont know if you can apply the same rules to him you would to most people. KNOCK ON FUCKING WOOD- LeBron has never had a serious injury or needed a surgery or anything like that...this isnt Dwade entering his 30's with no cartilage in his knees- he will have a ton of miles on him-that is for freaking sure- but there is no one that does more to prepare than LeBron does.

2-3 years from now LeBron will still be without a doubt a top 5 player.....i dont know how anyone in their right mind could even THINK about making the argument that he wont be top 10..... OBVIOUSLY IN A LEAGUE WHERE MIKE CONLEY IS GOING TO GET A MAX CONTRACT- LEBRON JAMES AT AGE 34 WILL GET A MAX CONTRACT and be offered one from every single freaking team that thinks they have a shot.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why wouldn't he sign a 5 year deal?
I could see player option(s), and opt outs, but why settle for less then the maximum?
There can't be any new TV deals coming that quickly to where salaries will spike again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially if he moves into the post more- which it looks like both he and the team understand creates the biggest mismatches- not only that- but even if they dont continue with that starting lineup- its a lineup I want to see

Kyrie, Jr, Iman, LeBron, Love----- they can switch on defense a ton, they have a ton of shooting--- that should just be interesting to see.

LeBron is an all time great- and a freak- I dont know if you can apply the same rules to him you would to most people. KNOCK ON FUCKING WOOD- LeBron has never had a serious injury or needed a surgery or anything like that...this isnt Dwade entering his 30's with no cartilage in his knees- he will have a ton of miles on him-that is for freaking sure- but there is no one that does more to prepare than LeBron does.

2-3 years from now LeBron will still be without a doubt a top 5 player.....i dont know how anyone in their right mind could even THINK about making the argument that he wont be top 10..... OBVIOUSLY IN A LEAGUE WHERE MIKE CONLEY IS GOING TO GET A MAX CONTRACT- LEBRON JAMES AT AGE 34 WILL GET A MAX CONTRACT and be offered one from every single freaking team that thinks they have a shot.

That all very well might be true, but there's no chance that James will continue to play with the same core of key players if they haven't won a championship.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 70 posts and cavs fans still don't realise we're making fun of them!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, maybe not. Kobe didn't look like he was going to fall off a cliff at age 34. He averaged 27.3 ppg, 6.0 apg and 5.6 rpg when he was 34. Then all of the miles he put on his body started catching up in the form of injuries and he's only played in 91 games over the past 3 seasons. Lebron has more mileage on his body than Kobe did at the same age.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. Kobe didn't look like he was going to fall off a cliff at age 34. He averaged 27.3 ppg, 6.0 apg and 5.6 rpg when he was 34. Then all of the miles he put on his body started catching up in the form of injuries and he's only played in 91 games over the past 3 seasons. Lebron has more mileage on his body than Kobe did at the same age.

The possibility of decline is not going to scare anybody away.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The possibility of decline is not going to scare anybody away.

I agree. Unless there is evidence of a pretty severe decline starting (like suffering a major injury), Lebron will get max deals from pretty much any team he wants.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it interesting that 75% of the posts are from Lakers & Heat fans. I think that says more about them than it does about Cavs fans.

Yes. That despite the fact both our teams are underachieving compared to a few years ago, we're still active and proud to be fans of our respective teams.

As opposed to cavs fans who are generally a bit delusional and only run their mouth now that their team finally has a winning record again.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. That despite the fact both our teams are underachieving compared to a few years ago, we're still active and proud to be fans of our respective teams.

As opposed to cavs fans who are generally a bit delusional and only run their mouth now that their team finally has a winning record again.

It seems like you'd be talking about the Lakers more than the Cavs then. Right now, there are 3 active threads focused on the Cavs -- none about the Lakers. (TT vs. Whiteside -- also includes heat)

Note this tread was started by a Laker fan.