• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ Will be the GOAT

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was never in the finals at 22 with no supporting cast so it is hardly a apples to apples is it?

Why don't you look up game 7 averages? Game 7 is as far as you can go and when everything is on the line iirc?

:LAre you serious you want game 7 Avg. ?? OMG you don't know basketball do you ?? from what i know MJ never let the opposing team take a series to a game 7 in any NBA finals that's how good he was. 6-0 in the finals & never a game 7.

Theres no comparison here cant you see that ? Jordan was the fucken man & put teams away early...fact! but i don't blame you for not knowing this, most Heat fans dont know the game that much, but you will learn in time i hope or maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:LAre you serious you want game 7 Avg. ?? OMG you don't know basketball do you ?? from what i know MJ never let the opposing team take a series to a game 7 in any NBA finals that's how good he was. 6-0 in the finals & never a game 7.

Theres no comparison here cant you see that ? Jordan was the fucken man & put teams away early...fact! but i don't blame you for not knowing this, most Heat fans dont know the game that much, but you will learn in time i hope or maybe not.

Ouch...

Game. Set. Match...:lol:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully aware that he never went to 7 games in the finals, but that should be held against MJ using your guys logic.

LBJ gets to finals much younger but fails so that is a knock against LBJ meanwhile MJ never makes it to the finals so that is a knock on LBJ?

LBJ also puts other teams away in the 3rd thus having much fewer "clutch" moments. The point is when the series is on the line nobody comes to play more than LBJ.

And MJ never going to a game 7 just shows how much better his TEAMMATES were compared to LBJs in comparison to the rest of the league.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ better scorer

LBJ better at:
facilitating, rebounding and yes DEFENSE!!! Could you imagine if 6-8 250 LBJ was allowed to hand check? What about if he had those 8 years of no flagrants? He would be the man inside destroying MJ every time he came into the lane.

LBJ is also the far better teammate and I highly doubt he is going to "retire" twice in his prime.

LBJ is the better player.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got any recommendations? i just looked on Wikki and the only thing that really stood out to me was that he was undrafted.

The whole grocery store worker to Super Bowl champ story didn't stand out?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ better scorer

LBJ better at:
facilitating, rebounding and yes DEFENSE!!! Could you imagine if 6-8 250 LBJ was allowed to hand check? What about if he had those 8 years of no flagrants? He would be the man inside destroying MJ every time he came into the lane.

LBJ is also the far better teammate and I highly doubt he is going to "retire" twice in his prime.

LBJ is the better player.

Dude, better stats does not = better player. LeBron never has and never will possess the intangibles Jordan had. LBJ wants to do it all, even if it comes at the expense of his teammates' play. You saw it even in this year's Playoffs. Miami played far from flawless basketball, but they still won simply because their top-to-bottom talent level was greater than any other team by a wide margin (and the fact that Popovich and the Spurs completely choked in Game 6).

You say LeBron would have taken advantage of hand-checking had he played in the 90's, but when exactly has LeBron showed a willingness to play in the post on a consistent basis? And when you think about it, how sad is it that a 270 lb. steroid user is content to roam around the perimeter all game long? His game is built entirely on pure athleticism, which is why I'm more than interested in seeing how he holds up at age 32-33.

And I love how people like to use Jordan's personal issues and his relationship with his wife as leverage against him. We all have our personal picadillos. Anyone who claims he/she doesn't is lying.

Call me a hater for posting all this, but it is what it is. Is it possible to ban a poster for being too obsessed? Learn the game, BOTSLAYER. LeBron may have his rings now, but in the eyes of the casual fan - Once a coward always a coward.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was never in the finals at 22 with no supporting cast so it is hardly a apples to apples is it?

Why don't you look up game 7 averages? Game 7 is as far as you can go and when everything is on the line iirc?

Jordan's stat sheet for Finals game 7 would read all 0s. Why? Because he never let them go that far. That is GOAT right there...

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully aware that he never went to 7 games in the finals, but that should be held against MJ using your guys logic.

LBJ gets to finals much younger but fails so that is a knock against LBJ meanwhile MJ never makes it to the finals so that is a knock on LBJ?

LBJ also puts other teams away in the 3rd thus having much fewer "clutch" moments. The point is when the series is on the line nobody comes to play more than LBJ.

And MJ never going to a game 7 just shows how much better his TEAMMATES were compared to LBJs in comparison to the rest of the league.

Hell Carmelo is more clutch than leflop.

Here’s a look at four players and the field goal percentage of them in the following situation:
- 24 seconds left in the game
- game tying shot or go ahead shot

Kevin Durant 28.8%
Carmelo Anthony 47.7%
Kobe Bryant 29.4%
LeBron James 34%

CA being clutch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>leflop being clutch

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On game-tying or go-ahead field goals in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime of playoff games, LeBron is shooting 42.1 percent (7-of-17) while Kobe checks in at 25 (7-of-28). Jordan topples all with a 50 percent clip (9-of-18).

Jordan being clutch>>>>>>>>leflop being clutch

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They listen to ESPN, and ESPN is going to paint that picture. EOT/

I don't. Keep in mind there's a difference between being a true basketball fan as opposed to being a nitwit players fan.

Go ahead and keep on clinging to ESPN or any other sportswriting hack like Berger or Doyel. The result is still the same. Figures you respond to my post with a one-liner. It's OK to walk away from a thread that you've been 100% owned. We'll forgive you.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Sammy Sosa once said - "When the man's not in his house (in this case, HurricaneDij), the chickens are jumping around."

NBA fans are so fuckin stupid. It's like they're all a bunch of star-driven little kids.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
send43.jpg

Dawson_Crying.gif

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the rate Lebron James is going, it is still possible he could end up as GOAT.

I think it will be difficult for him to get that high and I believe he'll end up #4 on my list.

1) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 2) Michael Jordan 3) Bill Russell 4)_____________ 5) Larry Bird 6) Magic Johnson

Word.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can post all the postseason stats you want, but Kobe will still have no "remember when Kobe" moments in his postseason career.

Sure he will. Remember when Kobe got his shot blocked by Paul Pierce to seal a big win for Boston in the 2008 Finals? Easy...

Word.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can post all the postseason stats you want, but Kobe will still have no "remember when Kobe" moments in his postseason career.

Sure he will. Remember when Kobe got his shot blocked by Paul Pierce to seal a big win for Boston in the 2008 Finals? Easy...

Word.

And remember Game 7 vs. the Celtics when he outrebounded the Celtics entire frontline by himself?

Word.