• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Jackson

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong- I like Fisher, Joeckel or Milliner better at #5 than Warmack, but I won't discount a once in a generation player just because of the position he plays.

Narrow minded guys like you laughed the Raiders off the map when they used a 1st rounder on Janakowski, but he's sure worked out pretty darn well for them in the long run...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See- that's where we split. You say it's your opinion, but you never say "in my opinion, imo, I think or I feel like" or anything like that. You don't give opinions, you give "facts" and tell others their opinions are wrong.

This is a social gathering- certain social rules apply. A little humility goes a long way in a place like this, and you have none.

MikeD and I had this same debate a while ago about offering opinions. I told him basically the same thing, that his posts came off to others as definitive and in-your-face, not as his opinions. Since then he's taken the time to add "imo" here and there, or say "I think..." before some of his thoughts, and it's made a huge difference. And it wasn't like he was doing it on purpose, I just don't think it occurred to him to add that stuff, but now that he has, his posts come off as far more respectful towards the group. He still has the same opinions, we still don't see eye to eye that much, but now he and I (and others) debate football, not argue about what a dick each other is being. (sorry for using you as an example, MikeD... hope that's cool?)

I think the biggest thing for you, Muzzer, is that your posts always come off as a direct challenge to anyone who you don't agree with. I know you're used to dealing with little kids all day, and it's your way or the highway on your bus, but this isn't your bus. We aren't little kids.

Nor is this your classroom. Just take everything I type as my opinion...I'm not bending over backward to accomodate you just because you don't like it. The last thing I need is to be lectured by a self proclamied pot head.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong- I like Fisher, Joeckel or Milliner better at #5 than Warmack, but I won't discount a once in a generation player just because of the position he plays.

Narrow minded guys like you laughed the Raiders off the map when they used a 1st rounder on Janakowski, but he's sure worked out pretty darn well for them in the long run...

Don't think I knew you back then, how would you know I laughed?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor is this your classroom. Just take everything I type as my opinion...I'm not bending over backward to accomodate you just because you don't like it. The last thing I need is to be lectured by a self proclamied pot head.

And since you're unwilling to accommodate others, don't expect us to start giving you that credibility you seek. Simple as that. You might be the Alpha male in your tiny little world, but that shit doesn't fly in a group of grown men.

The rest of us are willing to be flexible and act like civilized adults. You refuse to, and you seem to thrive on getting under other's skin, so don't expect the rest of us to suddenly change the way we deal with your antics on here.

You've dug your own hole, and you still can't seem to put down the shovel...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Does being the refounding member count for nothing?

Haha... go up to that "user cp" tab in the top left- you can make that part under your name say whatever you want it to...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since you're unwilling to accommodate others, don't expect us to start giving you that credibility you seek. Simple as that. You might be the Alpha male in your tiny little world, but that shit doesn't fly in a group of grown men.

The rest of us are willing to be flexible and act like civilized adults. You refuse to, and you seem to thrive on getting under other's skin, so don't expect the rest of us to suddenly change the way we deal with your antics on here.

You've dug your own hole, and you still can't seem to put down the shovel...

I get along with tons of posters. You and I don't agree on much and I think that's where the friction comes from. I may get under your skin and that's mostly because I type something you disagree with, but if you agreed with it then it wouldn't bother you at all.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I just saw your location TP. Hilarious. Didn't realize the U.P. was gangsta. :painkiller: I couldn't find a good gangsta emoticon(hey SportsHoopla, could you work on that?), but the gas mask one made me think of that text you sent months ago. Ha!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of those three players are there and they choose not to take him, then you would have the right to see it as a failure. If those three are gone and they never have a chance to get them? I cant call that a failure. At least I wouldnt blame the Lions for it.

People keep saying you dont draft a guard at #5. Why? Because that is the way it always has been? The rules of drafting are different now with a rookies contracts cut down now. In the past, teams didnt draft them because they were not worth the money you would have to give them for being drafted so early. Now that is not the case. Now you draft the best player for the team, no matter the position, because you will not be over spending for him.

This.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I just saw your location TP. Hilarious. Didn't realize the U.P. was gangsta. :painkiller: I couldn't find a good gangsta emoticon(hey SportsHoopla, could you work on that?), but the gas mask one made me think of that text you sent months ago. Ha!

Lol, "Da" is not gangster, at least not up here. It's Finnish, just like a lot of our words/accents up here.

For instance- "I live in da Yoo-Pee, eh?" would be how a Yooper would tell you where he's from.

As per the gas mask, I just might have to bust that out right now...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never brushed off guards, I've only stated that you don't take one with the 5th overall pick and guards can be found 2,3,4 round....There a dime a dozen.....CBs QBs and DEs are not.....I can't help you value the guard posistion so much.

I do got to agree with the teacher here. You the bus driver was correct about not drafting certain positions per new CBA. Now though it is not a big deal with value. All guys are pretty much getting same baseline contracts. Does Warmack start day one? Yes! As does Milli vanilli and the bookends. IMO yes just my opinion. GMs will start taking guards LBs and such as this evolves. New trends every year in draft. Hell we might not see a RB taken day one this year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get along with tons of posters. You and I don't agree on much and I think that's where the friction comes from. I may get under your skin and that's mostly because I type something you disagree with, but if you agreed with it then it wouldn't bother you at all.

This.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I also disagree with lots of other posters whom I don't argue with all of the time...

MikeD and I used to be just like this, but we've found some middle ground over the last couple of months...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry if LoJack started on the right side. But the Lions need to get something for the left. Biggest hole on the team. But as for needing to replace Avril's production, we could probably replace that with a really quick midget.

Don't forget that we signed Jason Jones to start on the left side.

I'd still like to add a DE in the 2nd round, but a starting combo of Jones/LoJack wouldn't be terrible...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I also disagree with lots of other posters whom I don't argue with all of the time...

MikeD and I used to be just like this, but we've found some middle ground over the last couple of months...

Then we can either work on it or disagree, but attacking post and makeing light of a post are two different things...

I usually just make light of a post and no evil intent here. Just gotta have thick skin to be around me.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You do realize Avril had just under 30 sacks the last 3 years, to go along with 10 passes defensed, an interception returned for a TD, 9 forced fumbles and 4 fumbles recovered. He was the one guy on the Lions defense that actually forced turnovers. Blows my mind to hear someone think he is going to be easily replaced.

We agree 100% there. People didn't like Avril because he wasn't a "complete DE" because he didn't do well against the run, but that's not what his job was in our D.

Hate the scheme if you want (I do), but Avril was a very productive player who did exactly what was asked of him....

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaulus, I agree with you that the drafting landscape has changed since the new contract. I would have no problem with the Lions drafting a G with the #5 but I just don't think Chance justifies that high of a pick. My preference?

1) Joeckel
2) Ansah (high beta)
3) Fisher
4) Miiliner or trade down

I think you can justify picking Milliner with the pick but I think you might be able to get a lot for the pick if he is still available. CB's are in demand but the Lions don't need him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we can either work on it or disagree, but attacking post and makeing light of a post are two different things...

I usually just make light of a post and no evil intent here. Just gotta have thick skin to be around me.
You gotta realize that we don't know you personally. Maybe you're just a dry, salty type and this is your everyday demeanor.

But we have no way of knowing that, which is something you have to consider. That's where indicators like "imo, lol, haha, just joking" or any of the emoticons really help.

Tone is very hard to convey on a message board. Clearly your tone isn't going over very well, not coming across as you mean it to.