• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Jackson

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, IDK how to embed tweets, but Lawrence Jackson tweeted to someone that the lions have made an offer. He also tweeted decisions, decisions. Meaning he is stilll contemplating coming back even after his vikings visit. I personally would love to have LoJax back, along with Corey Williams

Last edited by a moderator:

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHP:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“@<a href="[MEDIA=twitter]325358266601332736[/MEDIA]">April 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we re-sign him, he'd give us a competent starter in KVBs spot.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we re-sign him, he'd give us a competent starter in KVBs spot.

I think what you really mean is we better re-sign him because we don't have a edge rush on either side.

Theres the difference in optimism and pesimisim......You think it would be a luxury to have him, where I know we are still crap even if we do have him.....I like lo jack just fine, but he's no elite DE.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he isn't an elite DE doesn't make him crap, either.

Those who view players in just two categories, All Pro or Scrub, will never be happy, because the average players that are necessary to fill a roster just won't cut it in your eyes. Then again complaining is kind of your thing, even though it's a colossal waste of time to constantly bitch about your team on a message board- you can't change anything, so what's the use of being so mad all the time about shit you can't control?

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he played real well in limited plays. I dont know why they didnt throw him out there more.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have benched KVB early and given Jackson and Young an chance to shine. It would be nice to be going into this year knowing for sure what we had in either of them

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who feels as though Jackson has regressed since his 1st year with the Lions? Both Jackson and Willie Young seemed to take a step in the wrong direction last year, IMO.

I realize Detroit is going to be really thin at the DE position talent-wise this year, unless we score an impact player in the draft. So it'd be nice to get Jackson back, just to give the Lions some depth at the position and to keep the players we do have fresh.

As it stands now -- Detroit is going to have a huge question mark at the DE position, as they don't have a single player who has been an actual starter in the NFL. Hopefully Jones thrives in the wide-9 and can make up for the loss of Avril. If not -- it could be a long season, if Detroit can't get pressure on the QB from the outside.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who feels as though Jackson has regressed since his 1st year with the Lions? Both Jackson and Willie Young seemed to take a step in the wrong direction last year, IMO.

I realize Detroit is going to be really thin at the DE position talent-wise this year, unless we score an impact player in the draft. So it'd be nice to get Jackson back, just to give the Lions some depth at the position and to keep the players we do have fresh.

As it stands now -- Detroit is going to have a huge question mark at the DE position, as they don't have a single player who has been an actual starter in the NFL. Hopefully Jones thrives in the wide-9 and can make up for the loss of Avril. If not -- it could be a long season, if Detroit can't get pressure on the QB from the outside.

Careful now, you might bring out the Chance Warmarck crowd with that kind of talk........Give me Millner at 5

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chance will be just fine....He will go high in the draft....The fact is he's still a guard!!!!! Give me Millner........Best CB in the Draft.....Guards can be found in rounds 2,3,4 and even Denard Robinson will beat out a couple of them because he's really super duper fast.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBs can be found in rounds 2, 3 and 4 as well... horrible logic on that one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful now, you might bring out the Chance Warmarck crowd with that kind of talk........Give me Millner at 5

Don't get me wrong -- I've been one of the biggest advocates for Milliner being the pick at #5. I just don't want the Lions to take a flier on the 'high ceiling' guys, with hopes they pan out. They have a chance to take multiple guys who will be impact players in the NFL and make the Lions a better team from day 1. Chance Warmack is one of those guys. As is Milliner, Fisher, Joeckel, etc.

The guys who scare me are -- Ansah, Dion Jordan and Lane Johnson to a certain extent. Ansah because of his inexperience, Jordan because he seems like a 3-4 guy and Johnson because he has only played OL for 2 years.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was never anything above mediocre with the Seahawks but seemed like a real nice guy, hope he works out for you.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Young definitely did. I thought Jackson played well the few times they actually let him on the field. For some stupid reason they left KVB out there to stink it up.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBs can be found in rounds 2, 3 and 4 as well... horrible logic on that one.

Again we go back to posistions......Drafting is chess....And you Don't draft a guard at 5.......

QB, CB LT yes.....Guard, Kicker, LB NO!!!!!!!!

You will learn young jedi....The Lions will take a tackle (reiff was suppose to be) or they will take Millner.......Trade back or fail.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to draft him at 5 if we trade back. If!! But to say guards aren't drafted in the first round shows your lack of knowledge.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how its only your picks or its a fail. You Seahawk fans are hilarious.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to draft him at 5 if we trade back. If!! But to say guards aren't drafted in the first round shows your lack of knowledge.

Come on Micro.......You don't draft a guard at 5.....Maybe 25.....Dont wreck this by calling it a first round pick.......We have number 5 overall.....We should not draft Warmack there.......

If we trade back to 16 or so then fine.......Millner is the right choice only becuase the two OTs will be off the board.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millner is the right choice only becuase the two OTs will be off the board.
And how do you know Milliner won't be gone also? Ohhhh that's right, you don't. You're just projecting.

I just find it comical that Seahawk fans like yourself seem to think that if the pick doesn't go your way, it's a complete failure. You said it yourself. And I laugh everytime you say that. Because there is no pleasing armchair GM's like yourself.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you know Milliner won't be gone also? Ohhhh that's right, you don't. You're just projecting.

I just find it comical that Seahawk fans like yourself seem to think that if the pick doesn't go your way, it's a complete failure. You said it yourself. And I laugh everytime you say that. Because there is no pleasing armchair GM's like yourself.

OK, I think you've been drinking.....I know I have, but you keep mentioning the Seahawks.....I know I havn't. (not on this site)

Joeckel/Fisher or Millner is the right pick and I stand by it...

Yes, its a falilure if the Lions don't get one of these three guys.....Seahawks have nothing to do with it....

If the Lions can trade back, I'm cool with that too.....Don't bring anything other then a Die Hard Lion fan into it....I wouldn't have jumped and wasted my time here and on the Fantasy league if I wasn't...I'm asking nicely to stop bringing my fandom or crediblity into question.

Teo is still a girl dressed in drag.:laugh3: