• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees' bid is modest, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (on Twitter). Indications are the winning bid is "sky high."

I'm leaning towards the blue jays then. I don't see texas posting a sky high bid for an unproven. Then again Texas has the best scouts of Japanese players. They've shown they're willing to spend big for someone they believe is a true ace (lee) and maybe they believe he is. Maybe they didnt go after CJ because their plan was to either trade or get Darvish all along.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards the blue jays then. I don't see texas posting a sky high bid for an unproven. Then again Texas has the best scouts of Japanese players. They've shown they're willing to spend big for someone they believe is a true ace (lee) and maybe they believe he is. Maybe they didnt go after CJ because their plan was to either trade or get Darvish all along.

i have to believe that Texas had this planned all along. if they don't get Darvish then i expect that we'll sse Fielder here

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cubs put in an offer reportedly. They have bank to spend.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't even think about them, but that would make sense. Theo needs to make a splash.

you would think theo would be a little hesitant to go after a japanese player after dice-k blew up on him. who knows..........

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would think theo would be a little hesitant to go after a japanese player after dice-k blew up on him. who knows..........

I just thought about the same thing.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are discussing a five-year extension with left-handed starter Derek Holland, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (on Twitter). Holland missed this year's super two cutoff and is not yet arbitration eligible. A five-year deal would buy out one pre-arbitration season, his three years of arbitration eligibility and his first season of free agency.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A nice breakdown on Darvish courtesy of MLBTraderumors.com:

THURSDAY: The Cubs placed a bid on Darvish, according to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune. The Rangers and Blue Jays placed bids, according to Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio (on Twitter).

WEDNESDAY: The posting system is far from transparent to begin with and tonight’s barrage of tweets, articles and blog posts probably didn’t make it any easier for fans to decipher. If you’d rather skip our lengthy summary of the most recent Yu Darvish rumors and read on to the essentials, you’re in the right place.

The identity of the team that won exclusive negotiating rights with Darvish remains unknown, but here’s what we do know. The deadline for teams to bid for negotiating rights with Darvish via the posting system passed earlier this evening. The Nippon Ham Fighters plan to accept the top bid -- and it’s reportedly “sky-high.” Nippon Ham, which doesn't know the identity of the MLB team that won the bidding, has until 4pm CDT on December 20th to accept or reject the high bid.

The Yankees are the one team that’s known to have placed a bid on the 25-year-old right-hander. Conversely, the Giants, Athletics, Marlins, Mets, Rays, Angels, Twins, Red Sox and Orioles are out of the mix for Darvish, according to tonight’s reports.

Darvish posted a 1.44 ERA with 10.7 K/9 and 1.4 BB/9 in 232 innings this past season and he hasn't posted an ERA above 2.00 since 2007. MLB agents suggested to MLBTR’s Tim Dierkes that it will cost at least $100MM to lock Darvish up, including the posting fee and contract.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice breakdown on Darvish courtesy of MLBTraderumors.com:

THURSDAY: The Cubs placed a bid on Darvish, according to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune. The Rangers and Blue Jays placed bids, according to Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio (on Twitter).

WEDNESDAY: The posting system is far from transparent to begin with and tonight’s barrage of tweets, articles and blog posts probably didn’t make it any easier for fans to decipher. If you’d rather skip our lengthy summary of the most recent Yu Darvish rumors and read on to the essentials, you’re in the right place.

The identity of the team that won exclusive negotiating rights with Darvish remains unknown, but here’s what we do know. The deadline for teams to bid for negotiating rights with Darvish via the posting system passed earlier this evening. The Nippon Ham Fighters plan to accept the top bid -- and it’s reportedly “sky-high.” Nippon Ham, which doesn't know the identity of the MLB team that won the bidding, has until 4pm CDT on December 20th to accept or reject the high bid.

The Yankees are the one team that’s known to have placed a bid on the 25-year-old right-hander. Conversely, the Giants, Athletics, Marlins, Mets, Rays, Angels, Twins, Red Sox and Orioles are out of the mix for Darvish, according to tonight’s reports.

Darvish posted a 1.44 ERA with 10.7 K/9 and 1.4 BB/9 in 232 innings this past season and he hasn't posted an ERA above 2.00 since 2007. MLB agents suggested to MLBTR’s Tim Dierkes that it will cost at least $100MM to lock Darvish up, including the posting fee and contract.

I've gotta believe it's the cubs.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
9:43am: There's "buzz" that Toronto had a "whopper of an offer," according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (on Twitter). Grant suggests the Rangers bid in the $40-49MM range.

Apparently not the Cubs, but the Blue Jays. Would have thought a $40 million bid by the Rangers would have got it done, but apparently not.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9:43am: There's "buzz" that Toronto had a "whopper of an offer," according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (on Twitter). Grant suggests the Rangers bid in the $40-49MM range.

Apparently not the Cubs, but the Blue Jays. Would have thought a $40 million bid by the Rangers would have got it done, but apparently not.

If that's true I'm surprised Texas went that high, and I don't want them bidding 50+ for him.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i know is this shit is getting annoying just fucking announce it already...bid has been in awhile and yu's team likes the amount so wtf is taking so long

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i know is this shit is getting annoying just fucking announce it already...bid has been in awhile and yu's team likes the amount so wtf is taking so long

Not one for foreplay... are ya? :bounce:

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2:14pm: There are strong signs the Blue Jays and Rangers made serious bids, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (on Twitter).

His tweet also mentions the always lovely "mystery team".

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is blowing up with BlueJays fans hearing they've won the rights to negotiate...

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Nippon is supposedly going to wait until up to the deadline to accept the bid, but are expected to accept it. Seems a little odd. Reports are that Yu doesn't like the posting system and might not accept a deal if a team he doesn't like wins the bid (maybe Toronto, as I can't even imagine him wanting to pitch in Canada for a team that doesn't really have a chance to compete in the East). Maybe they have a little persuading to do in order to get Yu to even negotiate a deal.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nippon is supposedly going to wait until up to the deadline to accept the bid, but are expected to accept it. Seems a little odd. Reports are that Yu doesn't like the posting system and might not accept a deal if a team he doesn't like wins the bid (maybe Toronto, as I can't even imagine him wanting to pitch in Canada for a team that doesn't really have a chance to compete in the East). Maybe they have a little persuading to do in order to get Yu to even negotiate a deal.

I don't think Darvish will deal with Toronto for the reasons you stated. So if they did have the high bid all they did was fuck it up so no one else could sign him. Which pisses me off more because the rangers reportedly made a very competitive bid. And all I needed was another reason to hate Toronto.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Darvish will deal with Toronto for the reasons you stated. So if they did have the high bid all they did was fuck it up so no one else could sign him. Which pisses me off more because the rangers reportedly made a very competitive bid. And all I needed was another reason to hate Toronto.

Ditto. :laser::canada:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their right to bid to improve their team

It's Darvish's fault if he refuses to negotiate with them