• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am sure you are right ... but the press has always gotten Hamilton to open up.

Their job is to sell newpapers and page views ...

"He said that he doubts that an extension will be discussed during the season, but he also conceded that he is letting agent Mike Moye handle all discussions."

... does not sell many of either.

Can't blame the newspaper for printing. However, there's nothing to print if the guy's mouth remains shut.

However, I think most of this hometown discount nonsense is being generated by the press and not the Rangers FO and could wind up hurting any future contract talks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Josh. He doesn't owe the FO anything. This whole notion that he should play for cheap just because is ridiculous.

Agreed.
Until somebody attaches a dollar amount to "home town discount" and "I want to be treated fairly", which probably is not going to happen any time soon, it's all just a lot of talk.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.
Until somebody attaches a dollar amount to "home town discount" and "I want to be treated fairly", which probably is not going to happen any time soon, it's all just a lot of talk.

Yeah I mean people are acting like he wasn't the MVP in 2010 and hasn't played his ass off when he's been healthy. It'd be different if the Rangers gave him his 2nd chance after all of his drug problems and suspensions and he played like shit and was still asking for a ridiculous deal. That's not the case at all, they gave him his 2nd chance and he's more than exceeded anyone's expectations and all he's saying is that he's more than upheld his part of the deal so he doesn't owe them a discount just for them taking a chance on him. And like you said, so far no numbers have been put on "discount" or "fair" and there's been no indications that he's asking for Pujols money...so really this is just another Josh Hamilton story blown WAY out of proportion thanks to Disney.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I mean people are acting like he wasn't the MVP in 2010 and hasn't played his ass off when he's been healthy. It'd be different if the Rangers gave him his 2nd chance after all of his drug problems and suspensions and he played like shit and was still asking for a ridiculous deal. That's not the case at all, they gave him his 2nd chance and he's more than exceeded anyone's expectations and all he's saying is that he's more than upheld his part of the deal so he doesn't owe them a discount just for them taking a chance on him. And like you said, so far no numbers have been put on "discount" or "fair" and there's been no indications that he's asking for Pujols money...so really this is just another Josh Hamilton story blown WAY out of proportion thanks to Disney.

I would say the comment that the Rangers "knew what they were getting" by trading for him was the most upsetting comment. It makes it sound as if he isn't as repentent as he has claimed about his falls off the wagon. We all know that isn't true (or at least we think so), but it was a poor way of phrasing that. Josh is a warrior, and he has been as great in the community as a guy with his past and addiction issues can be.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave this here...

425643_10151345641435384_92931665383_23249107_1068659251_n.jpg

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levine joined Mike Ferrin and Jim Bowden on MLB Network Radio and said Texas will be present at any workouts Roy Oswalt holds. The Rangers hope to limit Neftali Feliz to 140-160 innings in 2012.

Levine said the Rangers and Mike Gonzalez maintain mutual interest, Bowden tweets.

Regarding Josh Hamilton's next contract, the outfielder's recent comments "don't play into it much," Daniels said in an online chat with Dallas Morning News readers. The GM added, "Maybe I'm an optimist but I'd like to think that at the appropriate time, we'll sit down and be able to work something out." Daniels noted that they'll "revisit contract talks privately at some point."

Asked about the limits on draft and international player spending in the new collective bargaining agreement, Daniels said, "It seems to limit teams in those areas, and if it plays out that way, I won't be a huge fan. Just think clubs should have the freedom/flexibility to make individual decisions in the best interests of their franchise - and we're all in different situations."

Daniels confirmed Joe Nathan is his closer. The 37-year-old righty signed a two-year, $14.75MM deal in November, with extra benefits for games finished.

Highly regarded pitching prospect Martin Perez has a shot to make the team, but "Ideally, he'll get more minor league innings as a starter, which is where we see him long term."

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers signed 17-year-old Dominican outfielder Jairo Beras for $4.5MM, tweets Dionisio Soldevila.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its also being highly contested...

10:57am: Teams will be furious if MLB approves the Rangers' reported contract with Beras, tweets Badler. Still, a source who has spoken with the Rangers told Yahoo's Jeff Passan the team thinks MLB will approve the signing, because other clubs knew of Beras' revised age.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its also being highly contested...

10:57am: Teams will be furious if MLB approves the Rangers' reported contract with Beras, tweets Badler. Still, a source who has spoken with the Rangers told Yahoo's Jeff Passan the team thinks MLB will approve the signing, because other clubs knew of Beras' revised age.

it will be interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the stink on Beras? Did other teams think he was too young?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the stink on Beras? Did other teams think he was too young?

They thought he was 16...which means he wouldnt have been eligible to sign until July 2.

Turns out...he might have turned 17 in December....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They thought he was 16...which means he wouldnt have been eligible to sign until July 2.

Turns out...he might have turned 17 in December....

So other teams will complain because they didn't do research and just took someones word? Does Texas have some fancy CSI team that has access to info no one else could get? I doubt it, so the other teams need to shut up and bolster their scouting system.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Passan: Source: MLB to immediately investigate Rangers' signing of Jairo Beras. MLB was under the impression Beras was 16, ineligible to be signed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Passan: Source: MLB to immediately investigate Rangers' signing of Jairo Beras. MLB was under the impression Beras was 16, ineligible to be signed.

Hmm, wonder if MLB will say that when Texas did the legwork to find the truth they should have shared their hard work with everyone.

WTF? Is Obama the new MLB commissioner?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Passan is simply a young east coast media stooge and appologist for the failed east coast organizations and their failed scouting systems. Without a formal statement from MLB I wonder if Passan is just got his pants wadded up because he and his east coast legion were simply lazy.

There is a reason TEX is the two time AL Champs and have been as effective as they are in Latin America. They know what due diligence means.

Sad for Passan to say "MLB was under the impression that Beras was ineligible. "Under the impression"? What's that mean? Sounds like pretty sorry intelligence to me. Whiners.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passan is simply a young east coast media stooge and appologist for the failed east coast organizations and their failed scouting systems. Without a formal statement from MLB I wonder if Passan is just got his pants wadded up because he and his east coast legion were simply lazy.

There is a reason TEX is the two time AL Champs and have been as effective as they are in Latin America. They know what due diligence means.

Sad for Passan to say "MLB was under the impression that Beras was ineligible. "Under the impression"? What's that mean? Sounds like pretty sorry intelligence to me. Whiners.

according to Yahoo's Bowman:

There have been mixed reports on the feelings of other MLB executives, but the signing is expected to be approved by MLB. Some reports have said that teams were unhappy with the signing of Beras since most teams did not believe he was eligible, but more reports are coming that teams had been made aware of his age and that he as free to sign with a team.