• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Latest Dubai Open results:

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stosur is playing a good game but might still lose to Beck in the 1st round! WAKE UP SAM!

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Serena, 7 doublefaults??!!!And whats with the racket breaking again? Calm down woman.....your will win this!

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, Sloane is a moot cause. As my Mom, who lived to be 95 years old, used to say "you dig one ditch, you might as well dig two because the other will be for you". Sloane is trying to dig out of the ditches she has dug. In order to get out she has to tone down her approach and just dig in and play good solid tennis. Until she does this she will lift herself up once in awhile, but will fall right back in. So much for Sloane, but Venus is really kicking, she beat Ivanovic this morning to the tune of 6-2, 6-1. Hope this motivates Venus and she can continue to move on.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Russians are paying the WS back for the beatings they got in the singles! They are about to take the 1st set!

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sometimes people make too much of animosity and rivalry to sell papers. Whether you believe her reason or not for the "high five" you have a right to your interpretation as I have a right to state mine. In my interpretation I believe some of Serena's fans carry certain issues too far easily buying into media's crap and exaggeration of conflict and rivalry.

Some of us are old enough to see this kind of movie all the time. I clearly remember an incident during a Wimbledon final between Venus and Lindsay. Richard Williams held a sign saying "Its Venus party and you are not invited." The media descended on Richard Williams and Venus as disrespecting Lindsay Davenport and played this to the hilt seeking to create a conflict between the two Americans. Even Martina Navratilova got into it by claiming if Richard were closer she would hit his face because she disrespected Lindsay. Lindsay was not having any of it and claimed it was nothing as far as she was concerned.

Through her words and actions, Serena Williams has shown there is nothing here and she is bigger than any perceived slight by Sloane. You can interpret what Sloane did and ascribe any ill-motive to her, you cannot bring Serena to succumb to some of the virulent anti-Sloane stuff out there, just like what Lindsay Davenport did.

I never " buy into " anything the media says. I read what they say and make my own

opinion. Sometimes I agree with them and sometimes not. And I didn't mention Serena.

But since you did...... In the incident you mentioned they may have meant to diss Dav.

A couple of years before, Dav and Hingis, got together to " stop the Williams Sisters "

publicly. And yes Serena was nicey nice towards Sloane when a mic was shoved in

her face, but she does not forgive or forget easily ........ask Sharapova, or IW.

And I do not dislike Sloane, I just think she needs an atitude adjustment, which

I hope will come with more maturity.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never " buy into " anything the media says. I read what they say and make my own

opinion. Sometimes I agree with them and sometimes not. And I didn't mention Serena.

But since you did...... In the incident you mentioned they may have meant to diss Dav.

A couple of years before, Dav and Hingis, got together to " stop the Williams Sisters "

publicly. And yes Serena was nicey nice towards Sloane when a mic was shoved in

her face, but she does not forgive or forget easily ........ask Sharapova, or IW.

And I do not dislike Sloane, I just think she needs an atitude adjustment, which

RJD11, you make a lot of sense!!! :agree:

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't it be wonderful if both WS make it to the final???!!! Tomorrow will be a tough day for the WS. After they were beaten by the Russians today, I am looking forward to them doing better tomorrow. I will be up early watching Vee start at 2am MST!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't it be wonderful if both WS make it to the final???!!! Tomorrow will be a tough day for the WS. After they were beaten by the Russians today, I am looking forward to them doing better tomorrow. I will be up early watching Vee start at 2am MST!!!

I usually would not stay up to watch tennis with the catch-up

feature on tennistv I don't have to. But as I had " Pova surgery "

today I may not be able to sleep. ( without good meds )

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

publicly
. And yes Serena was nicey nice towards Sloane when a mic was shoved in

Are you aware, that Richard Williams has always praised Lindsay Davenport as a class act? I know of the story you are referring to between Hingis and Davenport which was rather shared by Davenport as a joke that both of them wanted to dethrone the Williams sisters-remember Serena had beaten Davenport 5 consecutive times prior to the statement.

''It started last year, because I played the first semifinal against Serena,'' said Davenport, referring to last year's United States Open. ''Martina played Venus. She's like, 'Well, you better win.' So I lost. I saw her in the locker room. She was shaking her head at me right before she played. Obviously, she won. This time she said, 'You're first again.' '

Everybody knows Martina Hingis hated the Williams sisters but not Lindsay. Even though she was close to Martina Hingis, she did not have the same animus towards the Williams. Hingis wanted to beat the Williams badly and rooted for Lindsay whenever she played against them. Remember during those times the Williams bonded with each other and not the tour and therefore no close relationship between them and the rest of the tour. It was the media which played this supposed hatred among Davenport, Hingis and the Williams. The Williams sisters are religious and not vindictive. They may have killer instinct or competitive edge (especially Serena)when playing on the field. They are genuine human beings.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very bad start for Venus, but she managed to take the 1st set! Now can she win the 2nd?