• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Week? Ok. But Newton still getting hype?

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peyton Manning first two games:

21-37, 302 yds, 1 td, 3 int
21-33, 188 yds, 1 td, 3 int

Were you ripping on him too back then?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, you're just not following along. Look at the point of this thread; I'm pointing out that Newton is being given obscene amounts of hype undeservedly. That's not "ripping on " anyone. Those are 2 bad performances by any QB. 3 picks in a game is almost a guaranteed loss. But I already said Newton had 1 good game and 1 bad game. That's perfectly accurate.

I then pointed out that Andy Dalton has out-played the over-celebrated Newton so far, but it's like Andy Dalton's in the witness protection program.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But he didn't break any records like Newton did and he has less yards on the year than Newton has in either game.

More yards doesn't equal better play. You should know that.

Newton has been exciting. Nothing is wrong with Daulton's good performances but you surely must see why record breaking performances get more hype.

I see exactly why it's getting hype. I'm just poining out how stupid it is. It's like if you go into the sports media 95% of the time it's required you get a lobotomy first. Newton had 1 good game & 1 bad game with 2 losses. Dalton's had 2 good games & he's 1-1. Yet nary a mention of his name will you find because Newton is more "exciting."

As far as hype, I am not sure that Newton has been hyped as much as Tebow was.

College level? True. Pro'? Not even close (and deservedly so; Tebow is the worst QB in the NFL or close to it).

Newton had one amazingly great game and one pretty good game against the defending champs playing on a team that won one game last year and has no ground game.

I just don't get being irritated by the hype for a rookie who set an NFL passing record.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just found it ironic that you were upset that people were acting like he was the "next Peyton Manning" when he has started his career off better than Peyton did.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Newton had one amazingly great game and one pretty good game against the defending champs

Wrong. Just wrong.

I just don't get being irritated by the hype for a rookie who set an NFL passing record.

I'm irritated because it's stupid. Stupid things irritate me. Last week it was justified. This week it's dumb.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is ripping Newton doesnt know sht about football, the guy is a stud and could come here and be the best QB we have had in a long time. Over 400 yards passing in both games and a couple rush Tds

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Newton had one amazingly great game and one pretty good game against the defending champs

Wrong. Just wrong.

I'm irritated because it's stupid. Stupid things irritate me. Last week it was justified. This week it's dumb.

Don't you think Smith's one INT 150 yard performance was good?
Cam Newton threw for 400+ yards and more than 9 YPC and he led his team in rushing yards (he had 4x more rushing yards than the next highest rusher), six of his receivers had multiple receptions, he threw a TD and ran for another...Three INTs or not, he had a good game IMO.

How is the hype stupid? The guy set an NFL record.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just found it ironic that you were upset that people were acting like he was the "next Peyton Manning" when he has started his career off better than Peyton did.

But that's more nonsense. Most QBs' first 2 games are better than Mannings' first 2 games. This is absolutely a non sequitur.

And agian, saying his first game was good and his 2nd game was bad isn't "ripping" Newton.

Because it's a meaningless record. More passing yards doesn't equal better play. Otherwise Drew Bledsoe would be regarded as a better QB than Joe Montana.

I'll make it simple for you:

After 2 games Andy Dalton > Newton.
The media on Cam: He's amazing.
The media on Andy: Crickets.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

But that's more nonsense. Most QBs' first 2 games are better than Mannings' first 2 games. This is absolutely a non sequitur.

And agian, saying his first game was good and his 2nd game was bad isn't "ripping" Newton.

Because it's a meaningless record. More passing yards doesn't equal better play. Otherwise Drew Bledsoe would be regarded as a better QB than Joe Montana.

I'll make it simple for you:

After 2 games Andy Dalton > Newton.
The media on Cam: He's amazing.
The media on Andy: Crickets.

It seems simple to me, Cam Newton set records, did things unprecedented in the NFL while Andy Dalton had two nice but rather uninteresting games.
What does "better" have to do with it?
Not that it matters but I happen to think Newton has been better thus far.
You are ripping Newton and why are you so defensive about Andy getting credit from the national media?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It seems simple to me, Cam Newton set records, did things unprecedented in the NFL while Andy Dalton had two nice but rather uninteresting games.

Ok. To me a QB deserves hype if he plays well. It appears you think a QB deserves hype if you're entertained & excited by him.

To me? Everything. Apparently not to you. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

You are ripping Newton and why are you so defensive about Andy getting credit from the national media?

Ok I admit it. I'm ripping him. Throwing 3 picks in a game is pure greatness. A QB usually wins when he does that. I made the part up about a QB almost never winning if he throws 3 picks.

I'm with you BSPN. Screw Andy Dalton! Gingers don't even have souls anyway!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok. To me a QB deserves hype if he plays well. It appears you think a QB deserves hype if you're entertained & excited by him.

To me? Everything. Apparently not to you. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Ok I admit it. I'm ripping him. Throwing 3 picks in a game is pure greatness. A QB usually wins when he does that. I made the part up about a QB almost never winning if he throws 3 picks.

The National sports media disagrees with you about what merits attention.
Both QBs played well, one set records in spectacular fashion and the other had two solid if unspectacular games.
Three picks is not great but throwing a franchise record 340+ yards (9.6 YPC) and leading your team in rushing with a few TDs against a Superbowl team is spectacular (and I think quite good as well)
Andy Daulton is doing great, he deserves some press but come on, he isn;t as big of a story as Cam. I would love to have Daulton or Newton on this team rather than Smith.
What is BSPN?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who was the last red head to start at QB in the NFL? Haha I thought Chris redman would be a red head, but his not...

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just saying dalton played the browns and broncos and I believe he only played a quarter against the browns