• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Play to Crabtree

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone made mistakes. But when the defense is asked to defend a short field two-three, six points is a pretty good defense. If we had held the Giants to three points on the first of two punt return fumbles, we would have been in the Super Bowl. (Of course, there are other whatifs on the offense.)

:agree:

But special teams gave up a 65 yard kick return, the DL allowed Wilson to scramble around long enough for our DB's to get bored and find Doug Baldwin 50 yards down field, between TWO guys!! The defense also gave up a 40 TD to Lynch, when he WAS bottled up and where Eric Reid got absolutely jobbed.

Look, I'm not saying that Kaep played stellar by any means, but this was a team loss.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw this out there...

Y! SPORTS

It was pre determined that the ball was going to Crabtree so that is why he didn't go through his progression. According to Harbaugh anyway.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bad decision; he's a young QB. Poop occurs. Patton was wide open at the 10, Boldin was open in the back of the endzone and VD in the middle of the endzone. All Kap had to do was come off Crabs, but he'd decided to throw it to Crabs when he came to the line. He'll learn.

I agree. He will learn, but it still hurts like hell. You dont get very many opportunities like that in the NFL. Teams change, salary cap, injuries, etc.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My worry is by the time it takes him to develop into a legit superbowl QB, the surrounding talent will have dissipated and the window could be closed. There's so many teams that fall into this trap and it gets harder and harder to turn that corner as time goes on. This is a main reason I don't want them to have to break the bank.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worry is by the time it takes him to develop into a legit superbowl QB, the surrounding talent will have dissipated and the window could be closed. There's so many teams that fall into this trap and it gets harder and harder to turn that corner as time goes on. This is a main reason I don't want them to have to break the bank.

Good point. Thats why its important to continue to draft well and extend younger players with team friendly deals before they reach free agency. Fortunately, the Niners have drafted very well, except for the 2012 draft.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you guys need to learn to let it go and move on. It was a bad decision to throw that ball the Crabtree. Let it go.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we know when the season is over. It hurt losing to your 9er's, but we move on. You guys will still be talking about this game in June.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we know when the season is over. It hurt losing to your 9er's, but we move on. You guys will still be talking about this game in June.

Well, I guess the closer you get to the trophy and lose the more it hurts.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I hear what you're saying but how long before you moved on? The Niners just lost last Sunday, the Packers were eliminated over 3 weeks ago... The more time passes the easier it is to say move on.. Just saying

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on each individual fan. I love the Packers but my life doesn't revolve around them. I have other things to be involved in. It is just a game and there will be next year. I just never saw the intense fan carrying on after losing a game, I have seen a lot of losing from the Celtics.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From richard Sherman:

"I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a BS holding call against me; the second ended the game"

Ha ha! the dude is in some serious denial.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Depends on each individual fan. I love the Packers but my life doesn't revolve around them. I have other things to be involved in. It is just a game and there will be next year. I just never saw the intense fan carrying on after losing a game, I have seen a lot of losing from the Celtics.

yeah I take this shit way too serious but cant change it. Sounds pathetic but these games affect my happiness and state of mind! Its gunna take a couple of weeks to get out of this funk

And yes, my Sundays evolved strictly around the 9ers. If something else was going on, I'd say "sorry, cant make it. 9ers are on."

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From richard Sherman:

"I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a BS holding call against me; the second ended the game"

Ha ha! the dude is in some serious denial.

A little deeper throw and that's possibly a TD. Sherman is ONLY good at playing the ball in the air. He holds way too much and gets away with it a lot. Sherman's a great player, but he's still a douche in my book.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw this out there...

Y! SPORTS

It was pre determined that the ball was going to Crabtree so that is why he didn't go through his progression. According to Harbaugh anyway.

OK. But then if you are going to throw that ball, you better make damn sure it gets to the back line where only Crabtree can get it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I take this shit way too serious but cant change it. Sounds pathetic but these games affect my happiness and state of mind! Its gunna take a couple of weeks to get out of this funk

And yes, my Sundays evolved strictly around the 9ers. If something else was going on, I'd say "sorry, cant make it. 9ers are on."

Don't feel bad, I still think about the robbery in the 1983 NFC Championship game against the Redskins from time to time. I actually felt betrayed by the NFL at the time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ditto

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here lol:suds: