• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Play to Crabtree

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind...it was on 1st +10 from the 18 yd line, and the niners still has 2 timeouts left, when that INT to end it was thrown.

They had some more options to talk about, prior to that ill advised pass.
Maybe that's on Roman and Harbaugh a bit more than it should be on Kaep?

I was surprised they didn't use a timeout there. They rushed it on that one.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind...it was on 1st +10 from the 18 yd line, and the niners still has 2 timeouts left, when that INT to end it was thrown.

They had some more options to talk about, prior to that ill advised pass.
Maybe that's on Roman and Harbaugh a bit more than it should be on Kaep?

Yea they should have called a timeout. But even w/o calling a TO, there is no excuse for Kaep to even attempt that throw. 1. You don't target Sherman in that situation unless the WR is absolutely wide open 2. There were guys open on left side. 3. It was a freaking 1st down. At worst he could throw the ball away and reset.

Game on the line. Kaep throw to Crab on far right. It sounds so familiar. I am sure any opposing player and their grandmas knew it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea they should have called a timeout. But even w/o calling a TO, there is no excuse for Kaep to even attempt that throw. 1. You don't target Sherman in that situation unless the WR is absolutely wide open 2. There were guys open on left side. 3. It was a freaking 1st down. At worst he could throw the ball away and reset.

Game on the line. Kaep throw to Crab on far right. It sounds so familiar. I am sure any opposing player and their grandmas knew it.

Kaepernick and his swag needed to get it to Crabtree and it had to be the SB play. It seemed. Not confident in that observation/perception.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised they didn't use a timeout there. They rushed it on that one.

Yep....and not meaning to pour salt on the wound but, they'll regret not using at least 1 of those timeouts all during the offseason. Some hard questions need to be asked, and some honest straight forward answers need to be forthcoming.

As a co-owner of a local business, I was rooting for the niners, but alas it wasn't meant to be.
At least we're one day closer to MLB spring training and opening day.

:suds:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....and not meaning to pour salt on the wound but, they'll regret not using at least 1 of those timeouts all during the offseason. Some hard questions need to be asked, and some honest straight forward answers need to be forthcoming.

As a co-owner of a local business, I was rooting for the niners, but alas it wasn't meant to be.
At least we're one day closer to MLB spring training and opening day.

:suds:

LOL. They weren't used to having so many timeouts left at the end of the game. They didn't know what to do with them.

Seriously though, I felt that the Niners did do a better job today with getting the plays in and run in time. We should at least give them credit for that. The 12th Man wasn't as big of a factor today as everyone thought they would be. There was that one delay of game that preceded the fumble, but it ended up not being that costly since the Seahawks turned it over on downs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shook my head in dismay as Kaepernick told the press that he made the right read there on that pass and that he would throw a jump ball to a blanketed Crabtree anytime. Unbelievable. This guy's arrogance, coupled with his ignorance of the game will be what prevents him from developing into a top flight QB. We are stuck with him foir another two years though so might as well make the best of it.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I shook my head in dismay as Kaepernick told the press that he made the right read there on that pass and that he would throw a jump ball to a blanketed Crabtree anytime. Unbelievable. This guy's arrogance, coupled with his ignorance of the game will be what prevents him from developing into a top flight QB. We are stuck with him foir another two years though so might as well make the best of it.

You don't think the coaches agree with him? What did Harbs call Crabs, the best pass catcher ever? I think that last play was exactly what the Niners called and wanted. Kap executed the play the Niners wanted, made a good pass that was going right into Crabs hands for the win. We put our play maker against their play maker and theirs won the battle. And with 30 seconds left, you gotta take a shot. Worst outcome usually there would be an incomplete. Sea got lucky with the rebound.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton was wide open. Gore released into the flat and had NOBODY in front of him for 15 yards. Would have easily gotten the 1st down at the 10.

Kaep stared Crabtree down the whole time.[/QUOTE]

Same with the pass he completed to Crabtree two plays earlier. He stared at him the whole time. I'm astonished that it was completed. I think the Seahawks were baiting him into throwing it thinking they could pick it.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think the coaches agree with him? What did Harbs call Crabs, the best pass catcher ever? I think that last play was exactly what the Niners called and wanted. Kap executed the play the Niners wanted, made a good pass that was going right into Crabs hands for the win. We put our play maker against their play maker and theirs won the battle. And with 30 seconds left, you gotta take a shot. Worst outcome usually there would be an incomplete. Sea got lucky with the rebound.

With 30 seconds left and two timeouts, and only FIRST down, you do not have to take a shot.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With 30 seconds left and two timeouts, and only FIRST down, you do not have to take a shot.

Yes, you do. Not a desperation shot, but a shot to let your playmaker win the game. I believe that the Niners got exactly the play they were looking for but an all-world play by an all-world player beat them, along with a lucky bounce. Who knows if they would have gotten the look they wanted again?? At worst it should have been incomplete and we would have had 2 and 10 with 25 seconds left. You guys complaining about the last play are suggesting that it was a pre-ordained fail, when it was nothing of the sort. It almost worked = we almost won. But Sherman made the play instead.

Reminded me a lot of our games in the 90s versus the Cowboys when they were beating us and going on to win SBs. Those games were always tough and close but there were three or four plays a game where it was a cowboy vs a niner for a big play, and the cowboys would get the play. And thats why I do not like Harbs conservative offense, leaves too much to chance.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The writing was on the wall. All you everyone has been talking about how he stares down his receivers and predetermines where he is going to throw the ball. we knew it was going to bite us in the ass sooner or later. You just cant get away with that in big games against top notch talent.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you do. Not a desperation shot, but a shot to let your playmaker win the game. I believe that the Niners got exactly the play they were looking for but an all-world play by an all-world player beat them, along with a lucky bounce. Who knows if they would have gotten the look they wanted again?? At worst it should have been incomplete and we would have had 2 and 10 with 25 seconds left. You guys complaining about the last play are suggesting that it was a pre-ordained fail, when it was nothing of the sort. It almost worked = we almost won. But Sherman made the play instead.

Reminded me a lot of our games in the 90s versus the Cowboys when they were beating us and going on to win SBs. Those games were always tough and close but there were three or four plays a game where it was a cowboy vs a niner for a big play, and the cowboys would get the play. And thats why I do not like Harbs conservative offense, leaves too much to chance.

Patton was wide open on the left, Gore was open coming off the scrimmage. Both had 10 yards runway in front of them. Instead we should have force it to Crabtree in a tight windows covered by Sherman on 1st down with 2 timeouts left, just because Crab is our playmaker? I don't get this logic.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patton was wide open on the left, Gore was open coming off the scrimmage. Both had 10 yards runway in front of them. Instead we should have force it to Crabtree in a tight windows covered by Sherman on 1st down with 2 timeouts left, just because Crab is our playmaker? I don't get this logic.

There is no logic to it and its unjustifiable.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick had a choice; with plenty of time left and timeouts remaining and not a 3rd or 4th down he didn't need to go to Crabtree -- which would have required an unbelievable perfect throw to work, he could have gone to Patton, Gore, or VD, all of whom were more open than Crabtree. He didn't, because he decided beforehand that he was going there no matter what. I'm not going to give up on him, but this has been a well documented problem in every loss that I can remember dating back to the super bowl, writers who have looked at the all-22 films like Pete Prisco have documented that there are open receivers that he is just not throwing to. It makes me realize we don't need to spend a high draft pick on another stud receiver, we have good receivers now we just need to have Kaepernick learn to throw it to them when they're not the first read. This next year will Kaepernick's 3rd year as a starter -- to me this next year is pivotal, he has to learn this part of his craft next year or our window will close shut.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kaepernick had a choice; with plenty of time left and timeouts remaining and not a 3rd or 4th down he didn't need to go to Crabtree -- which would have required an unbelievable perfect throw to work, he could have gone to Patton, Gore, or VD, all of whom were more open than Crabtree. He didn't, because he decided beforehand that he was going there no matter what. I'm not going to give up on him, but this has been a well documented problem in every loss that I can remember dating back to the super bowl, writers who have looked at the all-22 films like Pete Prisco have documented that there are open receivers that he is just not throwing to. It makes me realize we don't need to spend a high draft pick on another stud receiver, we have good receivers now we just need to have Kaepernick learn to throw it to them when they're not the first read. This next year will Kaepernick's 3rd year as a starter -- to me this next year is pivotal, he has to learn this part of his craft next year or our window will close shut.

It would be great to pick the coaches mind on this one. After review what would Harbs and Roman say? I still think Kap executed what they wanted and that would be good with it afterwards. Took an awesome play by Sherman to stop a game winning td. They had what they wanted, took their shot, and the other guy made a better play. It happens. Personally, to me the two other TO by Kap were far worse.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless Kap rectifies this, he will continue to fail. His arrogance annoys me. Crabtree may have great hands, but Sherman out jumped him on that fade route. You just don't throw against their best CB. I hope he is willing to change because Kap is so set in his ways. I think he gets this from Harbaugh.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep trusts his WR one on one with anybody and he got that look, he was going to give his playmaker a shot to win the game. The other guy made the play and there happened to be a guy standing there to catch the tip.. I don't blame this game on Kap like most of you. Plenty of plays that the defense and special teams didn't make that hurt the team too.. If you had told me we scored 17 points before the game I would have thought we would have won.
The kick return screwed us and mometum we had, not tackling Lynch on the TD and also allowing that stupid 50 yard pass screwed us.. Don't forget the 2 dropped passes by Bold in and the one by Davis and the one by Gore. Get your shit together people. It is easy to blame the QB when you lose but this is a team game!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am mad that Kap went for it all on that play. it was a bad play by him. He said it himself. It happens. Oh well we move on. He was the reason we were close and he is the reason we lost. Im ok with that. With out him We might of not scored a point. People Forget he had 95% of our yards in the 1st half. People foregt that the jump throw that I never saw any other QB make.

I blame him for the lose on a very bad 4th Q but I also blame the DC for changing the game plan in the 2nd half. 1st half we blitz and put a lot of pressure on Wilson. 2nd half we were only rushing 3 or 4 guys. Didn't make much sense.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Sims said that Manning told him that any time his RB is uncovered on a swing or outlet he goes to him 100% of the time no matter what is happening downfield. There were about 6 times that I noticed where Kap failed to do this. That was huge in the game. Setting up 2nd and short instead of 2nd and 10 is a huge difference.