• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Play to Crabtree

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I finally had the nerve to rewatch our last play pass to Crabtree. I dont know how anyone could justify the throw and decision. It was terrible. Crabtree didn't even have 6 inches of seperation. Sherman is 6 '3, two inches taller than Crabtree as well. The throw damn near had a 0% success rate.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally had the nerve to rewatch our last play pass to Crabtree. I dont know how anyone could justify the throw and decision. It was terrible. Crabtree didn't even have 6 inches of seperation. Sherman is 6 '3, two inches taller than Crabtree as well. The throw damn near had a 0% success rate.

I disagree after rewatching the play without the disappointment of the result I now believe that Kap had Crab for the TD if he would have put it at the back of the endzone. Crabs does have a step on Sherman IMO and with a better throw at worse is an in-completion and at best it a TD

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Here is how he justifies it:

1. We are losing by 6 and there are only 30 seconds left. You gotta take a shot at some point and maybe it is easier to get the end zone from the 18 than the 5 where the field is compressed.

2. It was the play that was called and presumably practiced all week. The coaches wanted that play.

3. They presumably got the look they wanted as Kap looked nowhere else and quickly threw to Crabs, no hesitation. He was open enough to give is a chance.

4. He has to take a shot and give his guy a chance to make a play. 9 times out of ten the worst result is an incompletion.

5. He had to make his decision right then and there, unlike you armchair critics who judge just by the outcome as if it was obvious from the start that Sherman could bat that backwards AND have one of his guys there to catch it. It was plain as day that was going to happen, right?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bad decision; he's a young QB. Poop occurs. Patton was wide open at the 10, Boldin was open in the back of the endzone and VD in the middle of the endzone. All Kap had to do was come off Crabs, but he'd decided to throw it to Crabs when he came to the line. He'll learn.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it! I just saw the highlights on NFL.com and on the final offensive play that was picked, Quinton Patton was WIDE open on the left sidline, he definitely would've taken that in to at least inside the 10 or maybe even the 5 with 2 time outs still left! Kap didn't even look his way!

Every QB in a clutch situation like Kaep and the 49ers faced themselves in goes to the "go to guy" in a situation like that... Brady has done it many of times... It's instinctual I think.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is how he justifies it:

1. We are losing by 6 and there are only 30 seconds left. You gotta take a shot at some point and maybe it is easier to get the end zone from the 18 than the 5 where the field is compressed.

2. It was the play that was called and presumably practiced all week. The coaches wanted that play.

3. They presumably got the look they wanted as Kap looked nowhere else and quickly threw to Crabs, no hesitation. He was open enough to give is a chance.

4. He has to take a shot and give his guy a chance to make a play. 9 times out of ten the worst result is an incompletion.

5. He had to make his decision right then and there, unlike you armchair critics who judge just by the outcome as if it was obvious from the start that Sherman could bat that backwards AND have one of his guys there to catch it. It was plain as day that was going to happen, right?

2) Thats fine. Most plays are designed to have more than one option which this play had. There were others open so the play is fine.

3)Attack the best corner in the league is the look we wanted? Then we are retarded.

4) He does not have to take a shot there. It was 1st or 2nd down, we had time outs, and there was still time left. It did not have to be forced there.

5)The problem is is he probably made the decision to go to crabtree before the ball was even snapped. This has been one of the big flaws many posters bring up. And attack the top corner in the game that has 8 or so picks on the year? yeah, there's a decent chance it could be intercepted. Hell, Sherman did it to Kap late in the game in week two....

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB in a clutch situation like Kaep and the 49ers faced themselves in goes to the "go to guy" in a situation like that... Brady has done it many of times... It's instinctual I think.

But there were still 2 timeouts in their pockets at that point....ahh....n/m...

:deadhorse:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
5)The problem is is he probably made the decision to go to crabtree before the ball was even snapped. This has been one of the big flaws many posters bring up. And attack the top corner in the game that has 8 or so picks on the year? yeah, there's a decent chance it could be intercepted. Hell, Sherman did it to Kap late in the game in week two....

I am only guessing, but yes he was going to go that way because I think that was the play call and the read: if he gets one on one with Crabs, he goes there. Thus there was no reason to look elsewhere.

Did it work? No, obviously, but it was close. Sherman had to make one helluva play to get back at the ball swing his arm after Crab pushed him a bit. And then to have his guy there to grab it? One in a thousand. At worst it should have been second and ten and we would be discussing another play.

You guys who are calling it a mistake and a bad read I think are wrong. I think that was the entire setup of the play and the idea behind it: go to your best receiver and hope he can make the play and win the game. Sherman covers whoever lines up outside right so that was a given. It would be great if we could hear from the coaches what they think about it all.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys who are calling it a mistake and a bad read I think are wrong. I think that was the entire setup of the play and the idea behind it: go to your best receiver and hope he can make the play and win the game. Sherman covers whoever lines up outside right so that was a given. It would be great if we could hear from the coaches what they think about it all.

If thats the case then we have an even more serious situation. We have a retarded staff.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a little distraught over the loss and haven't fully gotten over it. It just now dawned on me that we've lost our last two playoff games on passes to Crabtree.

Somebody get him the fuck outta here!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a little distraught over the loss and haven't fully gotten over it. It just now dawned on me that we've lost our last two playoff games on passes to Crabtree.

Somebody get him the fuck outta here!

Not sure if serious or paralleling others re: Kaepernick (but Crabtree instead). But it was basically the same play. Someone's opinion I talked to was Kaepernick and/or Crabtree's immaturity: they wanted to win with that same play they missed in the SB (the hold), not just the best decision/play. When otherwise you checkdown to Patton or Davis or try getting it to Gore (in the endzone), they wanted that play over that CB, deep not short. If true, I'd be shaking my head. Play football, not this (like Kaepernick told Crabtree he owed him one in the SB and then three straight locked in attempts to Crabtree.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one time where Kap or the coach should have called a time out and they dont. They totally rushed that play to Crabby an threw into double coverage with 3 timeouts remaining. Ending same as last years super bowl throwing to a covered crabby. He doesnt throw the fade well and really rushed the end with plenty of time left. 31 sec is a lot of time with 3 timeouts. I think coach H shares some of the blame here too. This is when you throw to your tall tight end to where only he can catch it or throw short to the opoen Patton. Kap is a fine QB but really needs to work on his progressions this offseason and not his muscles.:gaah:

he needs to stop working those 'models' with 50 inch asses

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if serious or paralleling others re: Kaepernick (but Crabtree instead). But it was basically the same play. Someone's opinion I talked to was Kaepernick and/or Crabtree's immaturity: they wanted to win with that same play they missed in the SB (the hold), not just the best decision/play. When otherwise you checkdown to Patton or Davis or try getting it to Gore (in the endzone), they wanted that play over that CB, deep not short. If true, I'd be shaking my head. Play football, not this (like Kaepernick told Crabtree he owed him one in the SB and then three straight locked in attempts to Crabtree.

If that were true I would be highly pissed. I am pissed already at the thought of it.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap made a bone-headed play. He never looked to the left. Again, why go against Sherman? Crabtree can't outmuscle Sherman let alone get any separation. Sherman even said after the game that once he saw Crabtree with the stutter-steps, he knew it was a double move. Kap decided that even if Crabtree was blanketed by the CB, he was throwing it that way. Is that idiotic and stupid? The result spoke for itself.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the video in this article. I think Patton, Boldin, and Davis were all open. FUCK ME.
Y! SPORTS

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watch the video in this article. I think Patton, Boldin, and Davis were all open. FUCK ME.
Y! SPORTS

My guess is this: the number 1 option was to Crabs, and there was nothing that Kap saw that would cause him to go elsewhere, like getting help up at the line. He got a good release, then it was manno a manno. You don't come off your number 1 option if it is playing out the way you want, just because someone else might be more open.

I would bet 100 bucks the coaches would have been 100% behind his decision to throw it there. It was shot to let your playmaker win the game. At worst the thinking would have been we just go to second and ten. Anyone heard any of the coaches asked about this? Of course, you might not get a real answer anyway.