• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Last Place Diamondbacks @ 1st Place Giants

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're the best 2-8 team in the history of the game" - Kirk Gibson. This was actually said. First off, it's not true. These aren't games that have been lost due to bad calls in 1-run games or freaky bounces in extra innings. These are all losses where they've been thoroughly bloodied and beaten and embarrassed.

I'm curious to see what the attendance is even in late May (the real attendance...not the official stat which is always about 10,000 off).

Good job, KT. Gibby, keep telling us everything is just fine...the fans aren't as stupid as you'd like them to be though.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kevin Towers has royally fucked our pitching staff. Anyone with half a brain cell can see that a staff that consists of McCarthy (who is making 10 mil btw), Cahill, Miley, Delgado, and Arroyo, will get clobbered. I know Corbin going down was unexpected. I think Miley is the only guy in our current rotation who can even throw harder than 93-93... and that's on a good day. And for for the love of God send Pollock to AAA.

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miley and Arroyo are decent pitchers and should win more than 50% of their games.

BUT: The other 3 do not even belong on any team that has playoff hopes. The best thing that Gibson can do with these 3 is pull them from the game at the first hint of them giving up more than 3 runs. We will have to utilize our relief pitching through more than 1 inning per pitcher.

I don't see any other options?

Any Yes, Pollock is the HUGE weak link to our offense. Given the choice, I would like to see more Campana.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Bauer and Skaggs both threw gems in their last start and Eaton is doing much better than Pollock. Sigh.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo is doing just as bad as everyone else! He is at 60 pitches through 3 innings! We will be lucky to get 6 out of him! Fuck this rotation!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DFA Cahill, send Delgado to the pen, call Bradley up and give Collmenter a spot in the rotation.

Miley-Bradley-Arroyo-Collmenter-McCarthy.