• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Last Place Diamondbacks @ 1st Place Giants

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark-TrumboFB2014-Christian-Petersen-Getty.jpg

AZ Diamondbacks (2-7) @ SF Giants (5-3)

Game 1: Tuesday

SP: Cahill (0-2) SP: Hudson (1-0)

Game 2: Wednesday

SP: Arroyo (0-0) SF: Lincecum (0-0)

Game 3: Thursday

SP: Delgado (0-1) Vogelsong (0-0)

I have been really impressed with our 2 new additions to the staring line-up: Trumbo and Owings! Arroyo may become valuable at some point in the near future?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo and Owings have been fantastic. It's a shame that our bullshit pitching staff has overshadowed their great starts to the season.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Wade Miley start every game?

I see 1 win here at best. Today's game should be a sure loss. Hudson owned the Dbacks last week and, well, Cahill is awful and will probably not make it past the 5th inning. I think Game 2 is our biggest hope for that win.

Terrible rotation. Terrible bullpen. Terrible catcher. Sorry Goldy and Trumbo...your efforts aren't unnoticed though.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cahill is trash. Can't wait until hes gone

Bradley and Shipley, I want to see both of them in the rotation by the end of the year

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cahill is trash. Can't wait until hes gone

Bradley and Shipley, I want to see both of them in the rotation by the end of the month

fixed my own post, this rotation is just dumb. Hope KT is enjoying it

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pour it on Giants

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have barely posted on the D'backs board since the season started. Unfortunately, this is exactly what I said was going to happen. I said they were going to have the worst pitching staff in baseball and I was right. Any team that has Trevor Cahill is going absolutely nowhere. Trevor Cahill has never even been on a team that finished with a winning record in his five years in the league so far, and it looks like this year is probably going to be his sixth team with a losing record.

The Diamondbacks never got an ace, did not upgrade their pitching staff, and traded away two of their best pitching prospects. Kevin Towers could not put together a winning baseball team with a 300 million dollar payroll. He would spend it all on over the hill, mediocre players like Cody Ross or Jason Kubel. He has destroyed this franchise's great reputation of always having at least one dominant starting pitcher on the team and also traded away the majority of their top young prospects since he was hired.

Kevin Towers is a disgrace and needs to be fired. There is no other way to put it. He had nothing to do with the 2011 Diamondbacks starting rotation which was the main reason they won the west. Kennedy, Hudson, Saunders, and Collmenter were already on the team before Towers got here. He has not signed one big name free agent since he was hired and has made so many poor trades. It is so sad what has happened to this team. I hope Ken Kendrick is able to see what is happening and find a real general manager.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking gibby can't even bust out the challenge flag! This guy has to be semi retarded!

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was painful to watch, and I have a feeling much of the season will be the same.

I would say, we need some below average teams to beat-up on to bring up our win record. But I think we are the below average team for others to improve their records.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that the highest payroll that the Dbacks have ever had can't produce one legitimate #1 pitcher. Towers is a joke and should be fired for assembling this pitching staff. Fuck Trevor Cahill.