• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game by game predictions for NYG

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only doing a few of these on teams that could be around .500 if certain things go their way.

Week 1-@Dal. NYG usually loses to Dallas here. Dallas has scored fewer points at home than at Metlife. I would rather just pick the Giants at home if I see a split. 0-1
Week 2-Buf. Most people have Buffalo winning this game. NYG does not generally lose at home to 6 or 7 win teams. This is where talent is not enough to win. The Bills could win this game due to being in the same place back to back weeks and likely coming off of a loss. However, the only thing they have at stopping the Giants is their defense. Even with that, the Giants have had this team's number. 1-1.
Week 3-@TB-Giants have also had this team's number. Last year, they pulled out a home upset. Winston showed up late in the game, but in 2016 TB barely beat this team at home with him at QB. TB is going to be better than they have, though, so I think the Giants lose again here. 1-2.
Week 4-Was. Because Washington is on short rest after having to play the Bears on MNF, I think the Giants use this opportunity to get the first meeting win. 2-2.
Week 5-Min. Minnesota is also coming off a game against Chicago, and it's at Chicago. This is back to back road games for the Vikings. If Minnesota were to win in Chicago, they could fall short here. Minnesota is too much better than the Giants, however, and I think they lose in Chicago. 2-3.
Week 6-@NE. This is on three days rest. Taking away the Eli-Brady rivalry, this would be an easy win for NE. But I believe NYG is going to want to win this game. NE will be coming off back to back road games I expect to them to win (unless the Bills lose to the Bengals before playing NE). The Giants are not better by a long shot, but this won't be a blowout because it is a classic super bowl rematch. I can't pick the Giants to win, unfortunately. 2-4.
Week 7-Ari. If Arizona's new offense pays off, this could be a loss. Arizona could be better than the Giants. Giants, however, do not lose home games to mediocre teams too often. It's the good teams that beat them. I will give them the W for now. 3-4.
Week 8-@Det. I'm going to go on the contrary here. Detroit has won two of the past three against the Giants. Last time NYG went to Detroit it was a blowout, but it was also the year Detroit won 11 games and had Megatron and Tate. Detroit's offensive style they are now employing does not work well against the Giants. You have to a power offense to put this team away. I just think the Lions are too mediocre and this is the kind of game that reflects that. 4-4.
Week 9-Dal. Giants are 4-4 and at home on Monday night. I talked about the three straight sweep narrative in the Washington predictions. If that were to come back, I think it would be the team who has had the Giants' number even more....that's the Eagles. I think Giants steal a home win. 5-4.
Week 10-@NYJ. Jets are better, and the "home team." But Giants are not gonna let the Jets have an easy win given it's an in-state rivalry. This game could go either way, but Jets need this to show they will have a much-improved record. 5-5.
Week 12-@Chi. The Bears may not be as good record-wise as last year at this point, but I don't think the Giants are good enough on either side to win here. 5-6.
Week 13-GB. The Giants play a major rivalry here, from the Eli/Rodgers days. Green Bay beat them twice in 2016, regular season and postseason. The Packers could bounce back big next year, but if they were to win in SF, this has all the makings of a back to back disappointment. Giants have lost a lot on defense, though, to really be able to slow GB down. 5-7.
Week 14-@Phi. Giants have not won in Philadelphia since 2013. And in primetime games, the Giants are 0-8 in their last 8 games. Even without Wentz, I don't think the Giants win in primetime in that atmosphere. 5-8.
Week 15-Mia. Miami SHOULD regress, but even last year's team would not win here. Giants should be able to take care of business against a below .500 team at home. 6-8.
Week 16-@Was. Giants have split with Washington the last three years. Washington is at home here, but this is the time of year Washington tends to continue losing when falling apart. Also, add in that Washington's three wins against the Giants the last three years were all close. Giants have simply played better against Washington. If Giants had something to play for, I would give them the W. But I'm going to play it safe. 6-9.
Week 17-Phi. Giants have struggled against this team, being swept by the Eagles six times since 2008. In the last ten years, that's 60%. If there is any team that will be swept for three straight years for the first time since 2004, it has to be the Giants against this team. Eagles could rest their starters if they have nothing extra to play for or could be playing without Wentz. I'm just not banking on those two possibilities. 6-10.

So, Giants go 6-10. But as I have pointed out, the games against TB, Minnesota, and GB could go the other way. If that were to happen, the last two games have major implications. I just don't think the Giants can be easily written off because of their schedule.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 wins...tops

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is the point in making guesses game by game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to have 32 of these, are we?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they get to 6 wins they had a successful season.
Kudos to Jones.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only doing a few of these on teams that could be around .500 if certain things go their way.

Week 1-@Dal. NYG usually loses to Dallas here. Dallas has scored fewer points at home than at Metlife. I would rather just pick the Giants at home if I see a split. 0-1
Week 2-Buf. Most people have Buffalo winning this game. NYG does not generally lose at home to 6 or 7 win teams. This is where talent is not enough to win. The Bills could win this game due to being in the same place back to back weeks and likely coming off of a loss. However, the only thing they have at stopping the Giants is their defense. Even with that, the Giants have had this team's number. 1-1.
Week 3-@TB-Giants have also had this team's number. Last year, they pulled out a home upset. Winston showed up late in the game, but in 2016 TB barely beat this team at home with him at QB. TB is going to be better than they have, though, so I think the Giants lose again here. 1-2.
Week 4-Was. Because Washington is on short rest after having to play the Bears on MNF, I think the Giants use this opportunity to get the first meeting win. 2-2.
Week 5-Min. Minnesota is also coming off a game against Chicago, and it's at Chicago. This is back to back road games for the Vikings. If Minnesota were to win in Chicago, they could fall short here. Minnesota is too much better than the Giants, however, and I think they lose in Chicago. 2-3.
Week 6-@NE. This is on three days rest. Taking away the Eli-Brady rivalry, this would be an easy win for NE. But I believe NYG is going to want to win this game. NE will be coming off back to back road games I expect to them to win (unless the Bills lose to the Bengals before playing NE). The Giants are not better by a long shot, but this won't be a blowout because it is a classic super bowl rematch. I can't pick the Giants to win, unfortunately. 2-4.
Week 7-Ari. If Arizona's new offense pays off, this could be a loss. Arizona could be better than the Giants. Giants, however, do not lose home games to mediocre teams too often. It's the good teams that beat them. I will give them the W for now. 3-4.
Week 8-@Det. I'm going to go on the contrary here. Detroit has won two of the past three against the Giants. Last time NYG went to Detroit it was a blowout, but it was also the year Detroit won 11 games and had Megatron and Tate. Detroit's offensive style they are now employing does not work well against the Giants. You have to a power offense to put this team away. I just think the Lions are too mediocre and this is the kind of game that reflects that. 4-4.
Week 9-Dal. Giants are 4-4 and at home on Monday night. I talked about the three straight sweep narrative in the Washington predictions. If that were to come back, I think it would be the team who has had the Giants' number even more....that's the Eagles. I think Giants steal a home win. 5-4.
Week 10-@NYJ. Jets are better, and the "home team." But Giants are not gonna let the Jets have an easy win given it's an in-state rivalry. This game could go either way, but Jets need this to show they will have a much-improved record. 5-5.
Week 12-@Chi. The Bears may not be as good record-wise as last year at this point, but I don't think the Giants are good enough on either side to win here. 5-6.
Week 13-GB. The Giants play a major rivalry here, from the Eli/Rodgers days. Green Bay beat them twice in 2016, regular season and postseason. The Packers could bounce back big next year, but if they were to win in SF, this has all the makings of a back to back disappointment. Giants have lost a lot on defense, though, to really be able to slow GB down. 5-7.
Week 14-@Phi. Giants have not won in Philadelphia since 2013. And in primetime games, the Giants are 0-8 in their last 8 games. Even without Wentz, I don't think the Giants win in primetime in that atmosphere. 5-8.
Week 15-Mia. Miami SHOULD regress, but even last year's team would not win here. Giants should be able to take care of business against a below .500 team at home. 6-8.
Week 16-@Was. Giants have split with Washington the last three years. Washington is at home here, but this is the time of year Washington tends to continue losing when falling apart. Also, add in that Washington's three wins against the Giants the last three years were all close. Giants have simply played better against Washington. If Giants had something to play for, I would give them the W. But I'm going to play it safe. 6-9.
Week 17-Phi. Giants have struggled against this team, being swept by the Eagles six times since 2008. In the last ten years, that's 60%. If there is any team that will be swept for three straight years for the first time since 2004, it has to be the Giants against this team. Eagles could rest their starters if they have nothing extra to play for or could be playing without Wentz. I'm just not banking on those two possibilities. 6-10.

So, Giants go 6-10. But as I have pointed out, the games against TB, Minnesota, and GB could go the other way. If that were to happen, the last two games have major implications. I just don't think the Giants can be easily written off because of their schedule.

What’s weird about the Eagles recent dominance is that the Giants were really close to winning a lot of those games. Even our SB year we need 61 yard last second FGs to win. On paper it looks like Philly dominates NYG but we have always found the miracle needed to beat the Giants. Miracle in the meadowlands, Westbrook’s last minute punt return after being dominated, The victory being down with 7 minutes and change by 21 and winning. One of the craziest wins was we went to take the lead on a FG and the Giants blocked the kick for the win but Clyde Simmons picks up the block and runs it in for a TD. All our miracles seem to come at just the Giants expense.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Giants winning the next 1,634 games they play.

I'll put out my game-by-game analyses in a little bit.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Giants record in 2019-20

Game 1, loss

Game 2, loss

Game 3, loss

Game 4, loss

Game 5, loss

Game 6, loss

Game 7, loss

Game 8, retarded QB gets lost on the way to the stadium, lucky win

Game 9, loss

Game 10, loss

Game 11, loss

Game 12, coach and GM are fired, rebound win

Game 13, they still suck harder than a Ford, loss

Game 14, tie

Game 15, loss

Game 16, horrific, blowout loss. Real football fans rejoice :yes:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at their schedule I think they get about 6 wins.