• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say Oz was great. What OZ was is the best choice with a candidate that can't speak or think clearly. Why have a second Biden running Pennsylvania?

You support a guy that while on the campaign trail foolishly said that PA. is on the Atlantic Coast.

I guess when Dr. Oz can't think clearly that's different isn't it?

So why don't you hold Oz accountable for his massive speaking mistake? I know exactly why, just wanna see if you'll be honest. #maga

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, "What happens when a player almost dies in the first quarter of a game with playoff implications late in the season and the teams decide they can't continue playing?", is something they should have planned for in advance even though it had never come up before?

You're being unrealistic.
No. You are being too specific. What they do is, what happens if a game has to be cancelled in the middle of it due to unforeseen circumstances? Plane crashed in the parking lot of the stadium. Bombs drop in a US city. Player dies. Etc. Who knows what the situation is that can cause a cancellation. All he is saying is that some contingency should have already been made in the case of a cancellation.

If this was between two playoff eliminated teams, no one cares. This is took much impact on home playoff games, revenue for teams, civic pride, crowd advantage, etc.,

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually it has:suds:

During a game against the Chicago Bears at Tiger Stadium on Oct. 24, 1971, Detroit Lions wide receiver Chuck Hughes was heading back to his team’s huddle after a play with 1:02 remaining in the game and the Lions trailing 28-23.

As he was running to the huddle, Hughes collapsed near Chicago’s 20-year line while clutching his chest.

Bears’ Hall of Fame linebacker Dick Butkus was right where Hughes was and frantically motioned for medical personnel to come onto the field from the sideline, according to the Sporting News.

Hughes was taken off of the field in an ambulance, but was later that day pronounced dead at Henry Ford Hospital at the age of 28, according to the New York Post.

Unlike Monday’s Buffalo-Cincinnati game when the game was suspended and ultimately postponed, the Chicago-Detroit game was played to its conclusion.
AND...you know...the NFL is a violent sport....I mean, it's not baseball or NBA - where guys rarely make violent contact with one another - the NFL has grown ass 330+ pound men slamming into each other. Every. Single. Play.

In a violent sport, someone is telling me that they couldn't figure out that they likely should have some kind of plan in place in case of a MASSIVE injury that could require the game to be postponed, or cancelled all together....LOL.....GTFOH...LOL

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You support a guy that while on the campaign trail foolishly said that PA. is on the Atlantic Coast.

So why don't you hold Oz accountable for his massive speaking mistake? I know exactly why, just wanna see if you'll be honest. #maga
Politics Board-------------------------------->

Thank you

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairest outcome? For who? No matter what you do, someone is getting completely hosed. Unfortunately, in 75% of the scenarios, it is Cincinnati getting hosed.

Obviously my comment was in jest, because what you are suggesting is almost equivalent to my ridiculous statement.

Then replay the game. Bring the Bills back to Cincinnati, we will play 3 games in 10 days. F it.
"We"? Bwahahaha! "We" will just play 3 games in 10 days says the fat middle-aged man with zero athletic ability. Hilarious.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The solution is week 17 doesn’t count for all teams

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Politics Board-------------------------------->

Thank you

I didn't bright this topic up someone else did. All I did was respond. Odd you didn't single out the person that originally brought politics to this thread.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but that is what you are doing to the Bills and Bengals. You are costing them their chance. So with that said, are you fucking retarded or autistic or something?
No, I'm not. Every outcome but mine screws somebody in some way. Standings remain stagnant. A noncontest gives the Chiefs a huge benefit. It's ridiculous to have a scenario wherein the Bills and Bengals deal with what they dealt with and it results in the biggest win of the Chiefs season. That outcome is straight insane and that is the most likely outcome here.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you're an unabashed homer and assume that a non-contest would have been a win based on the first 1/6 of that football game.
Of course I am a Bengals homer you dumb ass. Same as you are an Eagles homer. It is called being a fan of your team and not just allowing everyones suggestions to F your team in the playoffs. If the Eagles were in this exact same position you would be on the same train as me. Perhaps if my team had 7 Lombardi's like the Patriots, I wouldn't be bitching, but they do not.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually it has:suds:

During a game against the Chicago Bears at Tiger Stadium on Oct. 24, 1971, Detroit Lions wide receiver Chuck Hughes was heading back to his team’s huddle after a play with 1:02 remaining in the game and the Lions trailing 28-23.

As he was running to the huddle, Hughes collapsed near Chicago’s 20-year line while clutching his chest.

Bears’ Hall of Fame linebacker Dick Butkus was right where Hughes was and frantically motioned for medical personnel to come onto the field from the sideline, according to the Sporting News.

Hughes was taken off of the field in an ambulance, but was later that day pronounced dead at Henry Ford Hospital at the age of 28, according to the New York Post.

Unlike Monday’s Buffalo-Cincinnati game when the game was suspended and ultimately postponed, the Chicago-Detroit game was played to its conclusion.

Not the same situation. They played the game.

Just this season, a Lion collapsed and was ambulanced out frantically. They played the game.

What makes this a case of first impression is that the teams declined to continue playing.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I apologize for bringing up politics. Forget I said anything and I apologize.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWICE

let it go
you're up 2-1

One more time. I didn't bring politics into this thread.

I responded to comment # 401.

Or you gonna choose to ignore the fact that comment # 401 isn't mine?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last sentence

Not the same situation. They played the game.

Just this season, a Lion collapsed and was ambulanced out frantically. They played the game.

What makes this a case of first impression is that the teams declined to continue playing.
Point being - you said it NEVER happened before - it has..so the NFL should have been better prepared...