• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

last draft of the year for me

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team PPR - bonuses for yardage (100-150-200rush/rec, 300-400-450passing) and bonuses on long TD plays
QB, RB, RB, WR-TE, WR-TE, Flex WR/TE/RB, K, DST

Cam Newton
Ray Rice
Matt Forte
Randall Cobb
Vincent Jackson
Pierre Garcon
Dan Bailey
HOU DST

Eli Manning
Shane Vereen
DeAngelo Williams
Jacquizz Rodgers
Joe Randle
DeAndre Hopkins
Mohammed Sanu
Jordan Cameron

Forgot my exact draft order on the late round guys, but know that I started out going Rice-Forte-Cobb-Vjax-Newton-Garcon-Vereen-DeAngelo-Hopkins, or something real close to that.
I love the possibilities at my flex position with multiple RBs and WRs that could make my starting lineup.

One possible change though - LeVeon Bell owner dropped him already - thinking about dropping Randle to pick him up. Might wait a week or so first, since no one has jumped on him yet, I doubt anyone picks him up before week 3 in this league.

thoughts?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sanu as a sleeper this year and I think Cam goes off again this year. Those are just my gut feelings. Solid looking team.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious - is that a 1st round draft pick, Marty B photo?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very solid 12 owner league team... i would recommend to add bell now and drop eli manning, joe randle, sanu or hopkins... Why wait and risk someone else getting him, he has more value on your bench than the 4 players i mentioned anyway...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious - is that a 1st round draft pick, Marty B photo?

very solid 12 owner league team... i would recommend to add bell now and drop eli manning, joe randle, sanu or hopkins... Why wait and risk someone else getting him, he has more value on your bench than the 4 players i mentioned anyway...

Yes it is, goofy looking Canadian kid in 1990.

I agree. Eli will be solid but aside from the 1 week Cam has a bye it's dead points on your bench. Might as well get somebody that can A: Provide Depth or B: Be used as trade bait. You can almost always find a serviceable QB for the 1 week your starter will be out.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dropped Randle for Bell.
Didnt want to drop Eli, just in case Newton were to get injured, Id rather have him as my starter the rest of the way through than anyone that's left on waivers in a 12 team league

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dropped Randle for Bell.
Didnt want to drop Eli, just in case Newton were to get injured, Id rather have him as my starter the rest of the way through than anyone that's left on waivers in a 12 team league

Good move. Bell is already out of his walking boot. Crazy that he was dropped.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, what pick did you have? That is a really, really strong PPR team. I love Rice and Forte both, and I'd imagine you have the strongest backfield duo in your league.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Eli will be solid but aside from the 1 week Cam has a bye it's dead points on your bench. Might as well get somebody that can A: Provide Depth or B: Be used as trade bait. You can almost always find a serviceable QB for the 1 week your starter will be out.

This is NEVER a good idea IMHO..
First off, you can never jsut assume a viable option is going to be there during your QB's off week, and even if there is, maybe he's playing the Niners or Seattle that week, add to it, that there's always the chance someone else, higher on the wire order takes him first, than your really screwed..wouldn't ever leave the fate of such an important position up to the chance of the waiver wire.
Secondly, even if there is a decent option available, it probably won't be as good as Eli (or any other viable QB2), plus, during the draft you can scope out the guys that are both decent enough to be roster worthy and have a good matchup during your #1's bye week.
And lastly, you can NEVER just assume your QB is going to be perfectly fine for 16 starts, especially with a dual threat QB..even Cam. No injury history yet, but that doesn't mean a thing once he gets out there and starts running around, always always always a good idea to backup a running QB with a quality backup, at all times.

BTW Monkey, very solid looking team, and I would agree with the Randle for Bell swap

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, what pick did you have? That is a really, really strong PPR team. I love Rice and Forte both, and I'd imagine you have the strongest backfield duo in your league.

AP, Spiller, Martin, Charles, Megatron, T Rich, McCoy, RICE, Foster, AJ Green, Lynch, R Bush

Dez, Graham, Brees, Marshall - came back to me.

I was even talking Forte up in the 1st round, and I guess they thought I was bullshitting them or something.

A lot of players fell to me where I wanted them in the draft. Couldn't believe I was able to add L Bell to this squad for next to nothing. Insane start to the year, hopefully! The commish of this league did mention how I've been voted 'best drafted team' like 3 years in a row, finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th past 3 years, time to win it.