• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Las Vegas Raiders

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this proposed move to Las Vegas.

Too close to gambling interests and way too distracting for newly minted 20 year old millionaires.

Its gonna be ugly.

The league may not allow the move, so here goes Davis v. NFL II.
If it comes to that I think Davis would win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of feel bad for Oakland. They finally get a team that is good and now they are moving.

I feel good for Oakland.

Instead of giving a rich guy a couple hundred million, they're giving him the finger and telling him to get bent.

I feel bad for all the other towns that waste taxpayer dollars on playthings for the rich.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes to that I think Davis would win.

Why? The other owners have shown for years they still do not like the Davis family. After all the lawsuits against the other owners who could blame them. So of course they are not going to make things easy and any time a team moves they ahve to get a majority of the owners to approve such a decision. Teams can't just pick up and leave even if they have the money and ability to build a new stadium.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? The other owners have shown for years they still do not like the Davis family. After all the lawsuits against the other owners who could blame them. So of course they are not going to make things easy and any time a team moves they ahve to get a majority of the owners to approve such a decision. Teams can't just pick up and leave even if they have the money and ability to build a new stadium.
Tell that to Baltimore Colts fans.

His father won over a similar issue so why wouldn't his son.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to Baltimore Colts fans.

His father won over a similar issue so why wouldn't his son.

I don't think those type of moves would happen today. The backlash for any owner would be over the top. It worked more when media wasn't going crazy and knew everything before it happened it seems like.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think those type of moves would happen today. The backlash for any owner would be over the top. It worked more when media wasn't going crazy and knew everything before it happened it seems like.
It wouldn't be anywhere near as easy as back then but it could be done.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be anywhere near as easy as back then but it could be done.

If I remember right a couple of CBA's ago they changed some of the wording to make it much more difficult for a team to just pick up and go. I could be wrong but it is now required that they get a 70% vote from the other NFL owners or they do open themselves up to some major lawsuits.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh had no business making the playoffs and Tom Brady is over the hill.

Well I guess both of them having top-5 offenses showed they didn't deserve to be there and that it was so easy for the Broncos to beat them. They won the Super Bowl...you can try to justify that away but it doesn't change that they have 3 Lombardi's now in the building.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see players gambling half of their contract away already.