• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Las Vegas A's

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m not 100%, I just heard Dombrowksi on the MLB network talking about how organizations can get Ohtani if they give up equity, no idea so if it isn’t allowed then strike my remark. But like I said, it was a joke about Vegas getting him.
Yeah. The A’s right now are not going to lay down the scratch needed to land him. If they were moving now, or his FA was 2 years later, than maybe.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The A’s right now are not going to lay down the scratch needed to land him. If they were moving now, or his FA was 2 years later, than maybe.
There is no way they aren’t moving to Vegas the moment the season ends. The city of Oakland is going to get a fact buyout from the ownership group, really MLB, and they will be playing in Vegas next year IMO.

I know he is dead, but do Oakland people hate Al Davis now? He is responsible for two teams leaving Oakland

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way they aren’t moving to Vegas the moment the season ends. The city of Oakland is going to get a fact buyout from the ownership group, really MLB, and they will be playing in Vegas next year IMO.

I know he is dead, but do Oakland people hate Al Davis now? He is responsible for two teams leaving Oakland
I don’t live there, so I don’t really know. But I get the sense Raider fans were/are RAIDER fans. Not OAKLAND Raider fans.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Oakland fans I almost feels like how they moved the Sonics to Oklahoma. The A's ownership is trash they do not spend any money in attracting free agents or even keeping their own veterans. I've been to the Oakland stadium and let me tell you it is absolutely crap. I paid for the premium seats behind home plate. All other parks would exclusive restaurants with a quality buffet and champagne. In the A's stadium they give you a list of like 8 ballpark foods and they bring it to your seat.

In my opinion in any sport if your ownership isn't putting money into the brand, putting their best foot forward in attracting free agents and retaining their quality players AND your team sucks. You can't put that on the fan to keep showing up to the games. The Rays dont spend much money or put money into their stadium but they win a high volume of games.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its actually funny... expansion is happening soon... there is such a push for it...

Vegas NEEDS a sports team as it such a great sports town... they have already made it clear that they want the A's... But would it be better for them to wait a year or 2 and just become an expansion team??

the A's might be the worst team in baseball history... and they dont have that good of a farm system either...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its actually funny... expansion is happening soon... there is such a push for it...

Vegas NEEDS a sports team as it such a great sports town... they have already made it clear that they want the A's... But would it be better for them to wait a year or 2 and just become an expansion team??

the A's might be the worst team in baseball history... and they dont have that good of a farm system either...
Manfred has stated clearly that he needs the A’s and Rays to be fully settled before they will consider expansion.

Expansion is coming for sure, but not until the existing issues are resolved.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I assume Vegas, Montreal, Charlotte, Portland and maybe Austin will be in the discussions for a team. More extreme, but possible, are Mexico City and San Juan.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I assume Vegas, Montreal, Charlotte, Portland and maybe Austin will be in the discussions for a team. More extreme, but possible, are Mexico City and San Juan.
Most likely would be Charlotte and Nashville. If Vegas has the A’s there aren’t any real viable markets out west.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely would be Charlotte and Nashville. If Vegas has the A’s there aren’t any real viable markets out west.
Charlotte and Nashville are close to each other, and both would encroach on the Braves market. Maybe one of them (both have good arguments), but I would be shocked if both get teams.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manfred has stated clearly that he needs the A’s and Rays to be fully settled before they will consider expansion.

Expansion is coming for sure, but not until the existing issues are resolved.
I haven't heard that. What does the Rays being settled mean? Are they talking about moving? If not, they should be. If almost any other team had the start that they have had they would be selling out every home game. Last night the Rays drew 17k.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Opens the door for Utah expansion, so I am all for it!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard that. What does the Rays being settled mean? Are they talking about moving? If not, they should be. If almost any other team had the start that they have had they would be selling out every home game. Last night the Rays drew 17k.
They are selling, but in a dispute over new stadium

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have had similar stadium issues as Oakland (as far as trying to get a new stadium, not that the existing stadium is a dump to the same degree that Oakland Alameda is). I don’t know the exact history, but I think I have seen relocation floated from time to time.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have had similar stadium issues as Oakland (as far as trying to get a new stadium, not that the existing stadium is a dump to the same degree that Oakland Alameda is). I don’t know the exact history, but I think I have seen relocation floated from time to time.
I guess I haven't paid much attention to it but I really think relocation is the best thing. If you start the season 17-3 (11-0 at home. Not to mention making the playoffs 4 straight years) and no one is coming to the games I don't think the biggest problem is the stadium.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject of the A's... they look pretty awful this year. If that 18-3 score holds they'll already have a -100 run differential. It's only April 22nd.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject of the A's... they look pretty awful this year. If that 18-3 score holds they'll already have a -100 run differential. It's only April 22nd.
Yeah they could be historically bad. Literally no one cares.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea how to go about getting the date for quickest to -100.

But that’s pathetic.

I hope Sean Murphy is the worlds greatest tipper right now. He’s adding years to his career just by squaring for someone else.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A mere 50 years ago they were in the middle of a rare mlb World Series 3-peat. Joe Rudi is turning over in his grave