• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

larry fitzgerald rumor

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He restructured his contract for the Cardinals, not the Pats or anyone else. Arizona could be a SB contender next year if they make the right moves. No way they trade him now.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He restructured his contract for the Cardinals, not the Pats or anyone else. Arizona could be a SB contender next year if they make the right moves. No way they trade him now.

That's the ESPN hype anyway. I just don't see Larry leaving Zona period.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard they saved $10 mil in 2014 by doing it. Good move, great player.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I assumed this restructure meant any already unlikely move was completely dead. I absolutely would happily take the best WR in the NFL, but it's not going to happen.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have sources that say it will be Mallet and Amendola for Fitzgerald and a second rounder.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have sources that say it will be Mallet and Amendola for Fitzgerald and a second rounder.

If true, unreal. That's a steal for the Pats. Amendola isn't worth a dime.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Arizona make the same mistake twice of trading for a back up quarterback and giving up a premier player and a good draft pick? Sheesh I guess some teams never learn if that actually would happen. I can't see the fan base getting too excited about that idea if it were to happen.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We would make out like bandits there IMO.

Consider me a serious doubter, though.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAA!!

No, seriously, my sources disappear whenever I wake up!

In all actuality, I would rather snare Patrick Peterson.
Fitzgerald is on the downhill side of his career, and I don't think WR is a huge need. I think Danny Amendola needs to go, but the young guys we have are still on the upswing.
Defense could use some more help and Talib, Dennard, and Peterson would be NASTY.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald is the best receiver in the league, and when your best attribute is by far the best hands in the league, there's no reason you can't be dominant for a long time.

axman15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Fitz in New England. Something has to be done about our receiving corps next year, I really don't think Gronk can fix everything by himself.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Fitz in a Patriots jersey, but it ain't happening. This contract removes most of the incentive Arizona would have to trade him.

Don't even talk about Patrick Peterson, there is nothing we could offer that would get them to agree to trade him, not even multiple first rounders. The Fitzgerald talks weren't totally unrealistic SOLELY because he's an older player who only has a couple more years.

Amendola and Mallett for Larry Fitzgerald and a 2nd round pick? We'd be lucky just to get the 2nd round pick for those two. Friendly reminder about fan-made trade scenarios: if you read it and it doesn't piss you off, it's not realistic.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero chance of happening. bb tradd a 4th for moss and he restructured his contract to peanuts it was like 3.9mill or something i think. trading for fitz would destroy our cap, look at that 20+ mill cap hit next year the cards are screwed. they may get some relief now but they will have to cut him soon. rather draft benjamin and trade mallett for a high pick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Larry Fitzgerald on radio row at the Super Bowl. He was interviewing with WEEI 93.7 of Boston. Fitzgerald said outright that he'd love to play with Tom Brady. He said that he was almost traded to the Patriots prior to the 2013 season but that Arizona pulled back at the last minute.

If the teams were that close last year, there might be a chance that they'd be talking again, Mallet and Amendola for Larry? No. Mallet and NE's first round pick for Fitzgerald and Arizona's 2nd round pick might be something that would move Arizona.

It's way too early for any trade talk. The draft isn't until April and most teams are trying to figure out who they have to resign and what it's going to take to fill holes. Before anyone starts talking trade, they'll be looking at the free agent landscape.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero chance of happening. bb tradd a 4th for moss and he restructured his contract to peanuts it was like 3.9mill or something i think. trading for fitz would destroy our cap, look at that 20+ mill cap hit next year the cards are screwed. they may get some relief now but they will have to cut him soon. rather draft benjamin and trade mallett for a high pick.

To be fair, BB also traded 2nd and 7ths for Welker. I don't think Belichick HAS a set formula; if he thinks Fitzgerald is worth a 2nd round pick, and Arizona is willing to trade him for a 2nd round pick, (or insert whatever the trade offer might be), it'll happen. Otherwise, it won't.

Almost definitely, it won't. Pats fans are getting fixated on a dream scenario that almost certainly won't happen.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, BB also traded 2nd and 7ths for Welker. I don't think Belichick HAS a set formula; if he thinks Fitzgerald is worth a 2nd round pick, and Arizona is willing to trade him for a 2nd round pick, (or insert whatever the trade offer might be), it'll happen. Otherwise, it won't.

Almost definitely, it won't. Pats fans are getting fixated on a dream scenario that almost certainly won't happen.
yea i dont think the draft picks are the issue bb would trade any pick for a player if he wanted but the cap is another issue. i dont think bb would trade for a high priced player.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair the cost to us would only be ~16. They'd have to eat almost that much in dead money to let him go, though.