• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lappy Shut Down for the Season?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
=(

yet another reason the flyers were meant to win the cup last year. this guy so deserves it for all the sacrifice he puts out there on the ice. i really feel for him if his career is over.
i can only hope that he'll be back maybe by the end of the season and get to play in the playoffs

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, I hope they keep him around. I am ceryain he needs to rest and stay away from the rink for awhile, but when he is cleared he would be a good locker room presence.

Interesting on the salary cap question. Even though it is a 35+ contract, I dont see how it is carried if he cannot play due to a legitimate injury. This is an injury that could be life threatening if he were to play. The NHL is more fucked up than I thought if this is the case. Hopefully it is a non issue and he comes back in time to get his name on the CUP!

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if his playing days are done and they reach that decision in the coming months, they should make him an assistant coach or something, he really deserves to be part of this team, to be around in the locker room and around for our 2011 playoff run

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will have a job waiting for him in the organization if this is it for him.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelley's cap hit just got that much more bearable.

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shelley's cap hit is still not bearable. Can someone, please, explain why he is needed on this roster. We all know he won't sniff the ice come May.

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks SuperFly. I just don't understand the enforcer anymore. The more Homer makes moves like this, the more the media hates on the Flyers for being the Bullies. Does Shelley have any endearing qualities at all? Lappy is all heart and soul. He'd die for his teammates or die defending them. Shelley is and always has been a no-talent goon (except when he was playing against the Flyers last year and bagged 2 goals). Let's be honest here: Richards, Carter and Giroux are big enough (and gritty enough in Giroux's case) to make their own space. I hope injuries to key players don't hamper the team's efforts down the stretch or mid-season for that matter. Contracts like Shelley's make it that much more difficult to bring replacements in with ease on the fly. Long enough rant....can't wait for tomorrow night, go Flyers!!

P.S. Start Bob to see what he's got...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks SuperFly. I just don't understand the enforcer anymore. The more Homer makes moves like this, the more the media hates on the Flyers for being the Bullies. Does Shelley have any endearing qualities at all? Lappy is all heart and soul. He'd die for his teammates or die defending them. Shelley is and always has been a no-talent goon (except when he was playing against the Flyers last year and bagged 2 goals). Let's be honest here: Richards, Carter and Giroux are big enough (and gritty enough in Giroux's case) to make their own space. I hope injuries to key players don't hamper the team's efforts down the stretch or mid-season for that matter. Contracts like Shelley's make it that much more difficult to bring replacements in with ease on the fly. Long enough rant....can't wait for tomorrow night, go Flyers!!

I understand your point of view but IMO its wrong teams need a guy who they can send out there to stop the cheap shots and bs that some teams employed against the Flyers last year. I couldn't stand Cote getting sent out and getting killed its deflating to the team. I'm just glad they signed Shelley and not Boogard at least Shelley can play hockey, grind it out, fight the heavyweights and score the odd gool. The Flyers now don't need to employ two or three slow guys who can't keep up to the play like Asham and Cote one guy does it all. Mark my words you'll be praising the guy after a few games and especially in the playoffs...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelley's cap hit is still not bearable. Can someone, please, explain why he is needed on this roster. We all know he won't sniff the ice come May.

(Good to see you bro!)

The only thing that I can think of is that Homer knows first hand how much Philly fans love a good fight and also how a good scrap can lift a lethargic team, so maybe he figures it's a win-win....for now.

Otherwise....I have no clue either. :confused:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you with you and Flyerfin, A lot of people are going to try to keep some of our stars on their toes, so it will be good for us to have someone to lighten the burden, other than that, meh!

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope I'm proven wrong and I hope Shelley pans out (and scores some goals, and scares idiots away from Giroux and Briere). I haven't seen him play a great deal so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of Tools....have Bucci or Melrose said anything stupid yet? Like maybe they can vote Crosby and Ovie into the Hall of Fame before the first period of the Winter Classic...Bettman would sooo love that....

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Tools....have Bucci or Melrose said anything stupid yet? Like maybe they can vote Crosby and Ovie into the Hall of Fame before the first period of the Winter Classic...Bettman would sooo love that....

Not that I've heard, but would love to hear him say Flyer's vs Avalanche in the finals..:D

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol I haven't heard a toilet flush, so I guess Melrose hasn't opened his mouth yet.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could live wit dat! :D

Aye lad, with the Flyer's winning game 7 here in Colorado, and me runnin on the ice to high five Richards, and then spending the night in jail but it willo be fuckin 1000% worth it!:D