• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin to bama

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Kiffin's prespective, it's a no-brain win. He realizes that he won't get another HC job in forever. The only thing to do is jumpstart his life. Drop down to being an OC under one of the greatest college football coaches and learn "the system." Keep your nose clean for 4 or 5 years, win a NC or two (I certainly hope not), show everyone that you've grown up (assuming he has), and still by age 50 he can be a head coach again.

As for Bama, this is the weirdest hire I can imagine. No way you can be 100% he won't do something totally immature and irresponsible. Jeopardizing the team chemistry. The guy has been poison everywhere he's gone. Just don't get it.

Impossible to disagree with this. Bama has nothing to gain and everything to lose. He's in Tuscaloosa spewing cancer everywhere as we speak.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Program will be shut down by morning.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kifftard.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just had to show us your IQ, what freaking douche… The man that doesn't know his ass from the hole in his head...:laugh3:

Wow, you are such a dipshit. This thread was created nearly a month ago and Kiffin was just in to provide an opinion on the offense.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Kiffin's prespective, it's a no-brain win. He realizes that he won't get another HC job in forever. The only thing to do is jumpstart his life. Drop down to being an OC under one of the greatest college football coaches and learn "the system." Keep your nose clean for 4 or 5 years, win a NC or two (I certainly hope not), show everyone that you've grown up (assuming he has), and still by age 50 he can be a head coach again.

As for Bama, this is the weirdest hire I can imagine. No way you can be 100% he won't do something totally immature and irresponsible. Jeopardizing the team chemistry. The guy has been poison everywhere he's gone. Just don't get it.

As much as the entire nation may hate Lane Kiffin, he is still only 38 years old.

"Jumpstart his life"? :laugh3:

He has been the Head Coach at Tennessee and USC. Two of the biggest programs in the country.

Nobody had a problem with Lane when he was at USC during their run.

How about you get a fucking clue.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the entire nation may hate Lane Kiffin, he is still only 38 years old.

"Jumpstart his life"? :laugh3:

He has been the Head Coach at Tennessee and USC. Two of the biggest programs in the country.

Nobody had a problem with Lane when he was at USC during their run.

How about you get a fucking clue.
This is what I hate about sports boards. I posted my opinion ... one I suspect a lot of people agree with ... and you come here wit all the hate. Disagree ... that's cool, but how about being a little civil?

Now, about your post:

1. I understand that he is young ... exactly why this is such a great idea for him. He drops down to OC, learns from a master, and then can be a HC again. It's his age that makes this move such a smart move by him ... he has plenty of time to resuscitate his career.

2. I think he needs to jumpstart his life. Sure, he's been a head coach at 2 major colleges, and he has been a NFL coach. Now, let's see how those turned out. His departure from Oakland was contentious at best. He was 5-15 in his 1.5 seasons, and a laughingstock for some of his stupid decisions.

He then goes to UT where he is responsible for all sorts of violations, pisses of the SEC coaches by wrongly accusing them of things, and then committing his own violations. After one 7-6 season, he bails for USC.

At USC he loses 7 of his last 11 games and gets fired and left at the airport parking lot at 3am.

So, yes, you are correct, he has been the head coach at 2 main programs and he screwed up at both jobs. How do you not see that his tenure at both of those programs is not a good thing.

3. No one had a problem with Lane at USC ...that is what you typed. And then you tell me that I need to get a clue. Seriously? Underinflated football? Show up late to dinner at bowl? Lost his team's support. Everyone wanted him fired. Left in the LAX parking lot? If no one had a problem with him, how come he got fired?

Reading it again, I think you may be referring to when he was an OC at USCw. If that is so, alot has happened since then and almost all of it has been bad. Hence the need to jumpstart his career.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I hate about sports boards. I posted my opinion ... one I suspect a lot of people agree with ... and you come here wit all the hate. Disagree ... that's cool, but how about being a little civil?

Now, about your post:

1. I understand that he is young ... exactly why this is such a great idea for him. He drops down to OC, learns from a master, and then can be a HC again. It's his age that makes this move such a smart move by him ... he has plenty of time to resuscitate his career.

2. I think he needs to jumpstart his life. Sure, he's been a head coach at 2 major colleges, and he has been a NFL coach. Now, let's see how those turned out. His departure from Oakland was contentious at best. He was 5-15 in his 1.5 seasons, and a laughingstock for some of his stupid decisions.

He then goes to UT where he is responsible for all sorts of violations, pisses of the SEC coaches by wrongly accusing them of things, and then committing his own violations. After one 7-6 season, he bails for USC.

At USC he loses 7 of his last 11 games and gets fired and left at the airport parking lot at 3am.

So, yes, you are correct, he has been the head coach at 2 main programs and he screwed up at both jobs. How do you not see that his tenure at both of those programs is not a good thing.

3. No one had a problem with Lane at USC ...that is what you typed. And then you tell me that I need to get a clue. Seriously? Underinflated football? Show up late to dinner at bowl? Lost his team's support. Everyone wanted him fired. Left in the LAX parking lot? If no one had a problem with him, how come he got fired?

Reading it again, I think you may be referring to when he was an OC at USCw. If that is so, alot has happened since then and almost all of it has been bad. Hence the need to jumpstart his career.

:laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_0wFh-ceRU]Law Dog - YouTube[/ame]

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious that Coach Saben invited Kiffin to review his offence back in early December. Alabama loses their final two games......and kiffin IS HIRED?????I get it; Alabama wants to give the rest of the SEC a chance to do well.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you are such a dipshit. This thread was created nearly a month ago and Kiffin was just in to provide an opinion on the offense.

Calling you an "asshat" wouldn't serve you justice, so I won't :laugh3:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LANE KIFFIN must have some sort of hypnotic spell-like ability.

He builds his "offensive genius" by having a highly recruited NFL top 10 QB pick winner throw to an NFL first round pick or hand off to the #1 NFL pick. And if he screwed up, 11 of the best defenders in the country would get him the ball right back.

Anyone with a pulse, could have succeeded under those conditions.
He has parlayed that into gig after gig afer gig after gig......all of them high profile

YET HE FAILS (or quits) EVERYWHERE. HE embarrasses his employers and employees.
Yet, he still keeps getting the jobs.

Meanwhile, there are hard working talented (usually minority) coaches who cannot get a sniff of a job despite 10000 times the success of Kiffin with a fraction of the arrogance and douchebaggery.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP called it. Good job.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First of all I don't know what to think of this Kiffin hire. It could go either way but it was nice that we made a change. I feared we would be stuck with Nuss for another two years, or until he fell into a HC job. He isn't terrible, but he is far from great. He is about a C+ or B-. About all he knows how to do is stare down at a sheet and make sure he is called an equal amount of passing and running plays. He doesn't know how to take advantage of what a defense is giving him, their weaknesses in units (Dline, secondary, etc), he doesn't know how to ride a hot hand.

Ive been saying this since early last year where I was in the minority, but gradually more Alabama fans are catching on. The worst of his games came against TAMU in 2012, LSU in 2012, UGA in 2012, and Auburn in 2013. If you are result oriented thinker instead of a process oriented thinker then you wont understand the problem.

Some of his major problems was running the ball way too much into Auburn's best attribute their Dline, not running the ball enough vs UGA and LSU when we were gashing them in 2012 but instead being balanced for the sake of being balanced. Its not that he didn't favor the run more, its that he couldn't figure out when to use it heavily and when to be more balanced depending on the opponent and what was working.

Also we had 2 major weapons in OJ Howard and RB Henry that were grossly utilized this season. As well as our WR routes having enough built in defensive reads and the WRs having a better understanding of how to work into position to help the QB when they were in trouble.

As a whole our offensive gains a lot of pretty stats but we were going to do that no matter what. Our Oline wasn't as dominant as last year but it was still very adequate. We had a great college QB, solid RBs, and a very talented and deep WR corp as well as some blocking TEs and FB to round out a veteran and complex offense. No matter what he called he was going to have success against any team that wasn't top notch, and still good success against those that were. Our O was that talented.

It will be interesting to see what he can do with a lesser talented team in Michigan. It should still be a nice upgrade for them. Going from a D- to a C+ is still a good upgrade, especially when you consider that a C+ in the SEC is more like a B+ in the Big 10-12.

Kiffin comes in with some issues that we didn't have before but still a lot of talent on board. He will have the challenge of developing a QB. Figuring out what to do with the 3 talented but different styled backs. And how to use all the resources at WR. Ultimately the QB and the OLine will make him look successful as far as stat go. And lets face it, your average football fan is a stat idiot and not a process oriented recognizer of talent. I will be happy with him as long as he knows how to put the Offense it the right call to be successful. That means riding a hot hand, using all the talent available, and most of all taking advantage of the defenses weaknesses no matter if that means we stay balanced or 65-35.

Last edited by a moderator: