• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin Fired

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated what my defense of him was based on. Sorry you can't comprehend!!

As for firing him mid-season, normally I would agree with you. I believed that Haden would give him the rest of the season and was prepared to accept whatever our fate was with that. However, as I said, his greatest strength was as a recruiter and he was losing recruits.

I don't think we've had a recruiting class outside of the top 15 since before Pete Carroll and the one for next season isn't even top 40!! Hopefully, this "stops the bleeding"!!

Dont' care what your defense was based on - it's the concept that you even attempted to defend LANE KIFFEN. The very idea is laughable.

And I'm not sure how firing your HC GAINS you recruits. You are certainly going to lose even more recruits because of this. In fact, you just had a 4 star LB decommit today.

You won't see recruiting improve until a new HC is named.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for the dickhead. He's a sham.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont' care what your defense was based on - it's the concept that you even attempted to defend LANE KIFFEN. The very idea is laughable.

And I'm not sure how firing your HC GAINS you recruits. You are certainly going to lose even more recruits because of this. In fact, you just had a 4 star LB decommit today.

You won't see recruiting improve until a new HC is named.

How do we know that the kid de-committed because Kiffin was fired and not because of how the team played last night? After all, 2 de-committed after the Washington St. game.

As I've said, I trust Haden and if he believes that this was the right time, then it was likely the right time. I also trust that he has a plan and has candidates in mind.

I do agree about getting the next HC named asap. If not before the end of the season, then very shortly after the end of the season. Definitely don't want it to drag on for very long.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
InsideUSC@InsideUSC
If you want specifics, Lane Kiffin was fired right outside Landmark Aviation terminal at LAX #USC
[ame="https://twitter.com/InsideUSC/statuses/384315131733106688"]9:54 AM - 29 Sep 2013[/ame]

COOOOLD BLOOODED!!!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know that the kid de-committed because Kiffin was fired and not because of how the team played last night? After all, 2 de-committed after the Washington St. game.

As I've said, I trust Haden and if he believes that this was the right time, then it was likely the right time. I also trust that he has a plan and has candidates in mind.

I do agree about getting the next HC named asap. If not before the end of the season, then very shortly after the end of the season. Definitely don't want it to drag on for very long.

OK, fine, he decommitted because you lost to ASU......whatever floats your boat.

Point is, you are LOSING recruits, so I'm not sold this firing is going to help.

It's going to be interesting to see the candidate list. I mean Pete Carroll was like 5th on the list when he was hired. It's going to be very interesting to see who actually interviews with USC......

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
InsideUSC@InsideUSC
If you want specifics, Lane Kiffin was fired right outside Landmark Aviation terminal at LAX #USC
9:54 AM - 29 Sep 2013

COOOOLD BLOOODED!!!!

Apparently, Haden and school president Nikias were seen huddled together on the sidelines last night and neither looked very happy!!

That's never a good thing!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources say when Kiffin was pulled off the bus, he told the bus driver to wait up, but admin said no, go ahead and go. LOLLL what a tool!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also reported that Kiffin left his bags on the bus thinking this was just a normal talk.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, fine, he decommitted because you lost to ASU......whatever floats your boat.

Point is, you are LOSING recruits, so I'm not sold this firing is going to help.

It's going to be interesting to see the candidate list. I mean Pete Carroll was like 5th on the list when he was hired. It's going to be very interesting to see who actually interviews with USC......

I'm not saying the kid didn't de-commit because of the firing, just that we don't know for sure what the reason is.

You are right though, we are losing recruits and with the scholly reductions we can't afford to keep losing them. I don't know if the firing helps with that, but I'm not sure it hurts either.

Carroll was the 4th or 5th choice (and Garrett lucked into that one) and Kiffin was actually the 3rd choice.

Candidate list will be interesting no doubt. Right now, it looks like Jack Del Rio is the early favorite. If he wants the job and can be hired quickly, I think it would be a good hire by USC!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question will be, what next big name program takes this idiot? Again, Kiffin was warranted nothing to earn these jobs.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the kid didn't de-commit because of the firing, just that we don't know for sure what the reason is.

You are right though, we are losing recruits and with the scholly reductions we can't afford to keep losing them. I don't know if the firing helps with that, but I'm not sure it hurts either.

Carroll was the 4th or 5th choice (and Garrett lucked into that one) and Kiffin was actually the 3rd choice.

Candidate list will be interesting no doubt. Right now, it looks like Jack Del Rio is the early favorite. If he wants the job and can be hired quickly, I think it would be a good hire by USC!!

That's not what NBC College Football Talk is reporting. http://http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/29/usc-fires-lane-kiffin/

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3