• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin Fired

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have a coach. That is the definition of instability. The next hire needs to be a recognized name that can excite the fan base and local talent. Do they even have an interim coach named yet?

That will happen shortly. Fact is, it's still USC. They're gonna make a splash this offseason with whomever they get. The potential of that is much more appealing to recruits than the thought of playing for a loser like Kiffin.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure this is a good thing, in terms of the timing. I've never really seen good outcomes from firing a coach mid season. You get rid of a bad coach, but you also send a message to all potential HCs that this is what awaits them as well.

Were you seeing a good outcome before he was fired?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...how long until he shows up in Dallas as Shower Towel Coordinator?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will happen shortly. Fact is, it's still USC. They're gonna make a splash this offseason with whomever they get. The potential of that is much more appealing to recruits than the thought of playing for a loser like Kiffin.

Point taken, but recruits won't know WHO that person is......I don't see that working with recruits outside of the kids that REALLY want to be Trojans regardless.

The USC brand will only get you so far.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...how long until he shows up in Dallas as Shower Towel Coordinator?

Lane Kiffen was chased out of Jax as Quality Control Coach, fired in Oakland, left Tennessee in shame, and was just fired at USC.

I'm not sure this guy gets another job coaching above Pop Warner level.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jack Del Rio is the early favorite to replace him!!

As Luckless pointed out, this is about recruiting. Kiffin's main strength as a coach has been that he's a great recruiter. If he can't recruit (and our 2014 recruiting class isn't even in the top 40 right now), then he isn't worth much.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jack Del Rio is the early favorite to replace him!!

As Luckless pointed out, this is about recruiting. Kiffin's main strength as a coach has been that he's a great recruiter. If he can't recruit (and our 2014 recruiting class isn't even in the top 40 right now), then he isn't worth much.

Dude, you spent most of last week defending him as a coach, and now you come in with this? Cmon man.......he was ALWAYS a shit coach, and you couldn't admit it until now.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PULLED HIM OFF THE BUS!!:dhd::laugh3::lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you spent most of last week defending him as a coach, and now you come in with this? Cmon man.......he was ALWAYS a shit coach, and you couldn't admit it until now.

I have always said that my defense of Kiffin was based on my trust that Pat Haden would do the right thing at the right time and that he has had a winning record in spite of the sanctions.

If anyone has changed their position, it's you. You've said all along that he should be fired and then when it happens you say the timing was bad.

Everything I've brought up has been a fact, including the fact that his greatest strength has been as a recruiter and he is losing recruits.

Nice try, though!!

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Texas had the balls to do the same thing.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always said that my defense of Kiffin was based on my trust that Pat Haden would do the right thing at the right time and that he has had a winning record in spite of the sanctions.

If anyone has changed their position, it's you. You've said all along that he should be fired and then when it happens you say the timing was bad.

Everything I've brought up has been a fact, including the fact that his greatest strength has been as a recruiter and he is losing recruits.

Nice try, though!!

Nice try?

YOU defended him!!!!! My position is clear.....fire him, but don't do it mid season.

Either way, he's gone. Welcome to reality with the rest of us that knew he was crap YEARS ago.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Tennessee would bring him back? You face Kiffen:)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try?

YOU defended him!!!!! My position is clear.....fire him, but don't do it mid season.

Either way, he's gone. Welcome to reality with the rest of us that knew he was crap YEARS ago.

I stated what my defense of him was based on. Sorry you can't comprehend!!

As for firing him mid-season, normally I would agree with you. I believed that Haden would give him the rest of the season and was prepared to accept whatever our fate was with that. However, as I said, his greatest strength was as a recruiter and he was losing recruits.

I don't think we've had a recruiting class outside of the top 15 since before Pete Carroll and the one for next season isn't even top 40!! Hopefully, this "stops the bleeding"!!