• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Says if He Was Healthy, He Wouldn't Have Even Needed to Pass to Beat the Chiefs in the AFCCG

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be losing my mind, but I don't know what play this was. Was this prior to the last 3 attempts?
It was the second to last one. He had a bit of pressure but he didn't set his feet and threw wildly. Flowers was wide open in the middle. I give Lamar a pass on the one to the corner before that to Likely. That was a tough throw. But the one to Flowers should have been made.
Edit: Just noticed your other post. I thought that play was to Flowers. At any rate, he probably should have seen Flowers and changed to it but his footwork wasn't very good either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Lamar....bleedat

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the second to last one. He had a bit of pressure but he didn't set his feet and threw wildly. Flowers was wide open in the middle. I give Lamar a pass on the one to the corner before that to Likely. That was a tough throw. But the one to Flowers should have been made.
Edit: Just noticed your other post. I thought that play was to Flowers. At any rate, he probably should have seen Flowers and changed to it but his footwork wasn't very good either.
They had enough time for two plays and a sack (or tackle in the field of play) ends the game. You kinda have to go with your first read and get the ball out. I agree about his footwork, but it's never been stellar.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Lamar. He is the QB and ultimately the blame for losses will rest with him. He certainly gets the credit for wins. At the end of the day...KC just made more plays than the Ravens did.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was my point about the lay-up. Mahomes got his lay-up on the busted coverage on Worthy and nailed it. Lamar gets a wide open Flowers and gets jumpy and misses badly. There's the real difference. That and Likely not being a size 11 or 12, lol.
Its one of those things where its kinda obvious the Chiefs defense was gassed at the end of the game but its also hard for a QB to be on point for an entire game, too.

Running QBs are the most valuable, game breaking type of player but its not the most stable thing. Weird comparison but in Street Fighter 6, the 2 most powerful characters are Akuma and Zangief but they dont win tournaments because that power comes with stability issues over a longer sample size. Human beings get mentally tired. The NFL actually has top end athletes slamming into each other. Its kind of a miracle that Lamar is as good as he is, imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Lamar did make that really bad throw, I do think there are only a couple of QBs who reliably drive down the field like he did at the end there. Usually the 4th quarter is when the Chiefs pass rush gets to pin their ears back and go after the guy. Lamar made big plays happen. He is legitimately one of the 3 or 4 best QBs right now. Even if he is kind of an RB, too.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its one of those things where its kinda obvious the Chiefs defense was gassed at the end of the game but its also hard for a QB to be on point for an entire game, too.

Running QBs are the most valuable, game breaking type of player but its not the most stable thing. Weird comparison but in Street Fighter 6, the 2 most powerful characters are Akuma and Zangief but they dont win tournaments because that power comes with stability issues over a longer sample size. Human beings get mentally tired. The NFL actually has top end athletes slamming into each other. Its kind of a miracle that Lamar is as good as he is, imo.

Odd comparison but thus far it has proven true for Lamar.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd comparison but thus far it has proven true for Lamar.
I think I remember a similar type of comparison to Brady and Rodgers at one point. It weirdly flips the 'system QB' critique on its head. Having a system with predictability makes for better results in the long run.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I remember a similar type of comparison to Brady and Rodgers at one point. It weirdly flips the 'system QB' critique on its head. Having a system with predictability makes for better results in the long run.

Rodgers and Brady are incredibly sharp and make good decisions under pressure. Lamar relies on his athleticism to bail him out which can lead to skewed results. Good and bad.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have heard since the loss in the playoffs is excuses, excuses, excuses. Not a leader, not a passer of the football, not clearing up his inefficiencies passing the ball and even said he could beat KC only running. How did that work out? Great player but he will never be a great QB let alone a good QB if he can't improve those clear weaknesses as a passer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers and Brady are incredibly sharp and make good decisions under pressure. Lamar relies on his athleticism to bail him out which can lead to skewed results. Good and bad.
Yes and there is a difference between relying on athleticism to get yards rather than buy time to find an open man downfield. You see a lot of the later from Lamar. I will say it seemed like at the beginning of the game he was trying to buy time, I will give him that. He grew impatient and started going for yards and taking hits. That isn't a good plan over time and reverting back to his ways. Not all the blame his on him of course. They got Henry to take some of the workload off him and it seemed rather the opposite last night.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and there is a difference between relying on athleticism to get yards rather than buy time to find an open man downfield. You see a lot of the later from Lamar. I will say it seemed like at the beginning of the game he was trying to buy time, I will give him that. He grew impatient and started going for yards and taking hits. That isn't a good plan over time and reverting back to his ways. Not all the blame his on him of course. They got Henry to take some of the workload off him and it seemed rather the opposite last night.

In their defense that's a tough initial matchup with a new OL coach.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had enough time for two plays and a sack (or tackle in the field of play) ends the game. You kinda have to go with your first read and get the ball out. I agree about his footwork, but it's never been stellar.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Lamar. He is the QB and ultimately the blame for losses will rest with him. He certainly gets the credit for wins. At the end of the day...KC just made more plays than the Ravens did.
Yeah, I get that. I didn't mean to bash Lamar either but I kinda get the first read thing. I give Lamar credit for carrying the team on his back to even be in that position and not trying to read to much into the first game of the season. I was just thinking the toe out is a moot point if Lamar catches Flowers out of the corner of his eye and makes an even half decent throw. But it is second guessing, I'll admit.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Lamar did make that really bad throw, I do think there are only a couple of QBs who reliably drive down the field like he did at the end there. Usually the 4th quarter is when the Chiefs pass rush gets to pin their ears back and go after the guy. Lamar made big plays happen. He is legitimately one of the 3 or 4 best QBs right now. Even if he is kind of an RB, too.
You think Lamar is one of only a few QBs capable of driving their team down the field in the final 2 minutes? We see this every week all over the league, and against good defenses. That KC defense was gassed, the Ravens had every opportunity to go for the win. But again Lamar simply does not pass the ball well enough to ever be a top 3-4 QB IMO. There is a reason they always fail in January.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Lamar is one of only a few QBs capable of driving their team down the field in the final 2 minutes? We see this every week all over the league, and against good defenses. That KC defense was gassed, the Ravens had every opportunity to go for the win. But again Lamar simply does not pass the ball well enough to ever be a top 3-4 QB IMO. There is a reason they always fail in January.
I have seen quite a few Chiefs 4th quarters that end in the Chiefs pass rush finally getting through once the other teams offense becomes predictable.

I guess we'll see Lamar's issues play out. Chiefs beat the Ravens in the playoffs because Kelce made a great play and Sneed made a great play.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen quite a few Chiefs 4th quarters that end in the Chiefs pass rush finally getting through once the other teams offense becomes predictable.

I guess we'll see Lamar's issues play out. Chiefs beat the Ravens in the playoffs because Kelce made a great play and Sneed made a great play.
I also saw Josh Allen take his team down the field in the final minutes against the Chiefs too. We can both come up with examples our way, the point remains 2 minute drives that are successful happens nearly every week in the NFL, some against very good defenses.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also saw Josh Allen take his team down the field in the final minutes against the Chiefs too. We can both come up with examples our way, the point remains 2 minute drives that are successful happens nearly every week in the NFL, some against very good defenses.
This just in: Josh Allen is also a good QB.